prostitution affects tourism in sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
ROLL, i said that i am wondering. that means i do not know, but i am playing with some ideas. this whole social media era has created strange people..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
DR1 is screwed up today.

HR, I would go with Taco Bell over McD's or Subway..

As for the changes, they are slow, but the squeezing out of the hooker scene still seems to be a part of the plan.

jimbobo

Feb 9, 2014
As others have said, in recent years prostitution has reduced, not risen. As for it being without intervention of competent authorities, it's like a sports event, watching the packs of girls running up and down the streets pursued by CESTUR.

My verdict on the article: ridulous

I believe prostitution as such has rissen. It's just that the hookers look for men on the internet; no longer on the streets. That is much more convenient for the hookers. No more hazzle with cops and pimps, also rather anonymous. Men doing sex tourism also know this; they set up multiple dates before coming over here, then once here they work off their list. All anonymous and out of sight....

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
exactly what i have been told. the really fine women are still in existence, except that you don't see them unless you work the internet thing. the scrubs who are too lazy to do the app thing are the ones on Pedro...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Apparently even technology is helping the DR government to keep the hookers less in sight and more out of the minds of non whore mongers.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
There plan is working...it will take time ...the area will change like it or not..personally I think it’s for the best...a lot of you think they don’t know what they are doing ,your wrong...the higher class girl were pushed to private ( think Flower) much higher prices...Dominicans are ok with prostitution..just not American style in your face is no no... once clean up is done money will be spent
and new life will brought to town.. whore mongers are already screaming Sosua is over...

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Apparently even technology is helping the DR government to keep the hookers less in sight and more out of the minds of non whore mongers.

This doesn't stop the influx of mongers though, internet sex is not that satisfying yet... .lol.

It's supply and demand, or in this case I think more demand, it has to be addressed. No idea, maybe like some other countries they can prohibit hotels to let in hookers - but imagine what that does to Sosua.... !

Jul 28, 2014
I don't think its the fact that mongers are screaming that Sosua is over, its more so a simple formula. The city was bringing in X revenue based on Y happening. If you aggressively reduce/remove the income of X, and your new plan "Z", that you want to replace Y, isn't generating anywhere close to X's income, that reduction becomes noticeable quickly, aka, less people in town and business crying they are losing $. What's generally being said is the Z doesn't seem to be implemented with any real structure nor prudent time frame to supplement the delta in financial change.

Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
There is a very smart businessman that has the shelves well stocked just outside of Sosua, and both axles greased, let's just leave it that.

[video=youtube;lzQ8GDBA8Is]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzQ8GDBA8Is[/video]

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
There plan is working...it will take time ...the area will change like it or not..personally I think it’s for the best...a lot of you think they don’t know what they are doing ,your wrong...the higher class girl were pushed to private ( think Flower) much higher prices...Dominicans are ok with prostitution..just not American style in your face is no no... once clean up is done money will be spent
and new life will brought to town.. whore mongers are already screaming Sosua is over...

Are you referring to ALL Americans , or a specific SLICE ? because i think we know what you mean .
Is English your 2nd Language ? , if you don't mind me asking

Jul 28, 2014
I am always curious when someone makes a statement like that, with no context around it, what exactly makes it a S-Hole to you?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Sometimes people use Sarcasm to make a point .. that is how I took it .. it kind of is a isht hole in many ways ..
or at the very least the TAINT of the Dom Republic ..

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Are you referring to ALL Americans , or a specific SLICE ? because i think we know what you mean .
Is English your 2nd Language ? , if you don't mind me asking
No lazy typing is issue.. it’s not my view ..but view of some powers to be...

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I don't think its the fact that mongers are screaming that Sosua is over, its more so a simple formula. The city was bringing in X revenue based on Y happening. If you aggressively reduce/remove the income of X, and your new plan "Z", that you want to replace Y, isn't generating anywhere close to X's income, that reduction becomes noticeable quickly, aka, less people in town and business crying they are losing $. What's generally being said is the Z doesn't seem to be implemented with any real structure nor prudent time frame to supplement the delta in financial change.

Yes, Change is sometimes painful.

And so was your running paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.