Prostitution problem in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost722

Jan 14, 2009
I think you'd have trouble no matter where you go especially if you're just going to be staying for a few days. Most "non putas" probably would not want to be seen out in public with you for fear of being perceived as a puta.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
so your choosing cabarete....the most aggressive ones I encountered were there -granted there are fewer, but more pesky in my opinion

M

Markf128

You Full of SSSt!!!

You full of it.

Many thanks for your replies. Regarding what you many of you see as my dual standards, let me explain. I was hoping to go somewhere, as a single male, where I can meet local women who are not prostitutes. I have read in this message board over and over again how Dominican women are like manna, the promised land, whatever you will, and this is what I was hoping to encounter in Sosua. By the same token, I don't want to be perceived as a gringo tourist, a stack of dollar bills with two legs, which is why I asked this latest question about Sosua. And clearly I have been answered. I have been to my share of places in the Caribbean, and while I like my women, I don't like being approached by them constantly just for one thing and one thing only. It's tiring. This is what I meant by out of control...using the term in a negative sense.

From reading all your posts, it seems as though Sosua is clearly not the place for me. Maybe a smaller town, such as Cabarete. Thank you by the way for the criticism, which I see as constructive. It has helped me to really take a serious look at what I want from this vacation. Also, thanks for the honesty. It's a reason I like this forum.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Many thanks for your replies. Regarding what you many of you see as my dual standards, let me explain. I was hoping to go somewhere, as a single male, where I can meet local women who are not prostitutes. I have read in this message board over and over again how Dominican women are like manna, the promised land, whatever you will, and this is what I was hoping to encounter in Sosua. By the same token, I don't want to be perceived as a gringo tourist, a stack of dollar bills with two legs, which is why I asked this latest question about Sosua. And clearly I have been answered. I have been to my share of places in the Caribbean, and while I like my women, I don't like being approached by them constantly just for one thing and one thing only. It's tiring. This is what I meant by out of control...using the term in a negative sense.

From reading all your posts, it seems as though Sosua is clearly not the place for me. Maybe a smaller town, such as Cabarete. Thank you by the way for the criticism, which I see as constructive. It has helped me to really take a serious look at what I want from this vacation. Also, thanks for the honesty. It's a reason I like this forum.

May SeaCrets may be the right spot for you (too) then? :bunny:
Get a chica seria for a quickie! There ya go. :tired:

Really, you want to come on a VACATION for a few weeks and date but only what, girls who don't date guys expecting some sort of compensation before you leave back to your country.
Maybe some ugly bummer may do it. Heck, she may even let you live with her and feed you... if and as long you're gooooood.

Naw, don't worry, you'll "accidentally" bump into a non-working girl and maybe she will get you to fall in love for her chica seria looks... but then... before you go... :D As I said, if that's your worry, don't... erm, worry, I mean... there are plenty of those in Sosua too.

... J-D.

Reactions: Tamborista

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Why are you asking about places simmular to La Passion if you are not interessted in prostitutes ? La Passion is the biggest brothel in the area.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
mind you prostitution is probably a more honest occupation than being a politician or policeman here lol

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
mind you prostitution is probably a more honest occupation than being a politician or policeman here lol
and - recalling old post - you can pee on them while they try to rob you. try that on a policeman! :cheeky:

kendo

Jan 24, 2008
Another update

OK, so it seems I was misguided in what I should expect and get. I think I'll spend two weeks in Samana. And for the earlier posters who said:

a) I was full of ssst! You're probably right.

b) Why was I asking about places like La Passion--because, if you look at my post, I wanted something smaller, somewhere I thought I could get to know a local woman, but it seems that this was never going to happen at that kind of establishment. So apologies for my naivety,

To all you who have given me sound advice, and a sense of the reality vis-a-vis meeting non working girls, I thank you heartily.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy B
7.Las Terrenas,...fast becoming the Boca Chica of the north coast with uncontrolled growth, prostitution and a hefty increase in crime. It's nothing to be proud of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobraboy
Funny you should mention that. I got the EXACT same vibe from LT as I do in BC. It sort of creeped me out...

oh dear we arent having much luck here .....you may have to revise plans again

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Many thanks for your replies. Regarding what you many of you see as my dual standards, let me explain. I was hoping to go somewhere, as a single male, where I can meet local women who are not prostitutes. .

Kendo,

Just for giggles, let's assume you're telling the truth about your motivations, and are looking for short time fun with a respectable Dominican woman (or women).

Let's pretend I'm a tourist from outside your country, and go to your town and try and pick up your sister, telling her in broken english I've only got a few weeks, but would like to start up something special and fun before I leave, and my hotel is right around the corner...

Get it? Respectable Dominicanas would react like you hope your sister would. Even if you met one, she wouldn't give you any real play because she has to protect her reputation, and to be seen with a gringo tourist is to presumed to be a prostitute. And those women care more about their reputation, than helping you live out some fantasy vacation of meeting a "real girl."

Look man, anyone coming in as a short-term tourist is going to be treated accordingly. They're going to assume you're just another gringo with money on a mami mission. And they'd be correct.

Many Dominicans are poor and not formally educated. That does not, however, make them idiots. Neither are many of the folk on this board.

My advice is stop trying to delude yourself, accept your kind of trip for what it is, and just enjoy your limited time in single guy paradise.

Reactions: cobraboy

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
Kendo,

Just for giggles, let's assume you're telling the truth about your motivations, and are looking for short time fun with a respectable Dominican woman (or women).

Let's pretend I'm a tourist from outside your country, and go to your town and try and pick up your sister, telling her in broken english I've only got a few weeks, but would like to start up something special and fun before I leave, and my hotel is right around the corner...

Get it? Respectable Dominicanas would react like you hope your sister would. Even if you met one, she wouldn't give you any real play because she has to protect her reputation, and to be seen with a gringo tourist is to presumed to be a prostitute. And those women care more about their reputation, than helping you live out some fantasy vacation of meeting a "real girl."

Look man, anyone coming in as a short-term tourist is going to be treated accordingly. They're going to assume you're just another gringo with money on a mami mission. And they'd be correct.

Many Dominicans are poor and not formally educated. That does not, however, make them idiots. Neither are many of the folk on this board.

My advice is stop trying to delude yourself, accept your kind of trip for what it is, and just enjoy your limited time in single guy paradise.

Best advice I've seen thus far.:glasses:

Vince.

Reactions: AlaninDR

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Kendo,

+1. Great post.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Even if you met one, she wouldn't give you any real play because she has to protect her reputation, and to be seen with a gringo tourist is to presumed to be a prostitute.

That's the thing these guys find so difficult to accept. They think they're nice, ordinary (or even extraordinary ;) ) men whom any girl would be proud to be seen with. They don't realise that to a decent woman a male tourist is like the plague, reputation wise. Even to many of us expats, we see a girl with a tourist and automatically assume she is working, either officially or unofficially. At home the poor guy is average. Here, to a decent girl, he's poison. You can understand why this is difficult to swallow for the cultural-awareness challenged.

Which is why we get different guys asking the same question over & over again..............:cheeky:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Minovia wants her allowance in Pound Sterling all of a sudden, she is either cheating on me with Ferniebee or Malibook or is reading DR1.

Should I break up with her or buy her a laptop?

heartbroken tambo'

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
I'm not easy on the eyes, but when in Sosua, my wallet makes me attractive!

11m3qlg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.