Protection from Land Invasion

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman

Top 30 International Destinations for Americans

- average monthly searches on Google -

1. Mexico2. Canada3. Costa Rica4. Puerto Rico5. Belize6. U.S. Virgin Islands7. Panama8. Bahamas9. Dominican Republic10. Honduras11. Ecuador12. Jamaica13. Colombia14. Cayman Islands15. Bermuda16. Aruba17. Nicaragua18. Chile19. Barbados20. Argentina21. Uruguay22. Guatemala23. El Salvador24. Grenada25. Saint Vincent and the Grenadines26. Saint Lucia27. Brazil28. Anguilla29. Venezuela30. Peru

Last edited by a moderator:

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman
I have a piece of Land Next to Los Delfines Aqua Park: I have some thugs Breaking and Entering into the land, I have videos of then breaking and stealing the cameras and can not get the police to arrest them even with evidence; I a ma trying to fence in the property and even with permits from city Hall can not fence it in; these thugs threaten the workers and even though they have no documents they can challenge the police with no consequences. Even with my titles in hand I feel that there is no respect for private property in Dominican Republic.

The government wants people to invest; but there is no protection to investors when a thug rents your property and does not pay or wants to move or someone enters in your property and occupies it Illegally.

No hay respecto por la propiedad privada en Republica Dominican y el gobierno no protege al inversionista.

Reactions: NachoBroadway

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006

op 30 International Destinations for Americans

- average monthly searches on Google -

1. Mexico2. Canada3. Costa Rica4. Puerto Rico5. Belize6. U.S. Virgin Islands7. Panama8. Bahamas9. Dominican Republic10. Honduras11. Ecuador12. Jamaica13. Colombia14. Cayman Islands15. Bermuda16. Aruba17. Nicaragua18. Chile19. Barbados20. Argentina21. Uruguay22. Guatemala23. El Salvador24. Grenada25. Saint Vincent and the Grenadines26. Saint Lucia27. Brazil28. Anguilla29. Venezuela30. Peru
I' pretty sure Puerto Rico and The US Virgin Islands aren't international destinations for Americans.
I have a piece of Land Next to Los Delfines Aqua Park: I have some thugs Breaking and Entering into the land, I have videos of then breaking and stealing the cameras and can not get the police to arrest them even with evidence; I a ma trying to fence in the property and even with permits from city Hall can not fence it in; these thugs threaten the workers and even though they have no documents they can challenge the police with no consequences. Even with my titles in hand I feel that there is no respect for private property in Dominican Republic.

The government wants people to invest; but there is no protection to investors when a thug rents your property and does not pay or wants to move or someone enters in your property and occupies it Illegally.

No hay respecto por la propiedad privada en Republica Dominican y el gobierno no protege al inversionista.
Not only that, there is very little respect for human life in the Dominican Republic.

Reactions: chico bill

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Is that water park still open?

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016

So somebody rented your property but now is not paying?

If it was rented they are not occupying illegally, they are just not paying. Very common here. Do you have a signed contract?

How much land is it?

The first step would be get a lawyer to evict them if they're not paying the rent.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I had been given to believe that there was a whole story about the land on which that waterpark was built. If I remember correctly the waterpark was built by a (Spanish?) guy, and then as soon as it opened someone (Russian?) rocked up with papers to say they owned the land. Big legal battle then ensued and this was one of the reasons blamed for its demise. I'm sure another of the old-timers on here can remember the story.

I just wonder if this is something to do with the OP's problem. When people invade land in DR there's usually a back story.

Reactions: JD Jones

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman
I had been given to believe that there was a whole story about the land on which that waterpark was built. If I remember correctly the waterpark was built by a (Spanish?) guy, and then as soon as it opened someone (Russian?) rocked up with papers to say they owned the land. Big legal battle then ensued and this was one of the reasons blamed for its demise. I'm sure another of the old-timers on here can remember the story.

I just wonder if this is something to do with the OP's problem. When people invade land in DR there's usually a back story.
There was no rental agreement; they simply destroyed the walls an entered an built.

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman
Here you can not simply call the police to get them out; you have to go to court and its a long process.
There are people that leave the house locked and come back a year later to find people living in the house.
There is no real deterrents for these thugs......:(

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Here you can not simply call the police to get them out; you have to go to court and its a long process.
There are people that leave the house locked and come back a year later to find people living in the house.
There is no real deterrents for these thugs......:(
So they're squatters. The sooner you start the process, the better.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
You have squatters in developed countries as well though. And it takes a legal process to evict them. I would just caution you to find out what their claim is on the land (using a Dominican to do this). I remember a tale of some people who built on land in Las Terrenas that was being squatted on supposedly, and their house was burnt down. You definitely need a good lawyer to sort this out.