Public transport users??

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
If someone was to use public transport daily in and out of downtown captial from las Americas, Boca Chica, la caleta kind of area, how much of a headache is this likely to be for them? I know thousands do every day, but I don't know how tolerant they are.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I use public transport not every day but pretty close.I have been to Juan Dolio and boca chica many times and all over the city with no problems.You just need to know the routes and the numbers on the guagua,or ask cobradore where they are going.
bob
If someone was to use public transport daily in and out of downtown captial from las Americas, Boca Chica, la caleta kind of area, how much of a headache is this likely to be for them? I know thousands do every day, but I don't know how tolerant they are.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
i used it many times heading to boca chica its a headache when the bus is small and crowed and when they fill it to the point were people are almost out side of the bus

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i used it many times heading to boca chica its a headache when the bus is small and crowed and when they fill it to the point were people are almost out side of the bus

almost out the sides? how about 2 or 3 guys hanging to the roof rail? i have been on a carrito from POP to Sosua, and i was jammed in so tightly that the key to my front door broke in my pocket!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I understand the concept of what public transport is, how to use guaguas and buzz around town, I am not a public transport user in general, I didn't say I was a retard. I was asking for the specific service from the las Americas highways around la Caleta/Boca chica/airport downtown santo domingo on a daily basis.
i appreciate the answers but not quite what I was asking.

Makinater

May 4, 2013
There are great buses with AC who goes from S.D. to Boca Chica, Juan Dolio, B?varo, Bayahibe and lots of other tourist destinations on a very regular basis. If you are just going to Boca Chica, I recommend you to take one of these buses from Las Americas. They depart all the time, so you won't have to wait many minutes for one to leave. They will take you to the parquecito in Boca, which is very close to the beach. Last time I went, the best place to catch them were at the place they loaded most of the passengers. If my memory serves me well, it was almost at the intersection of la Venezuela y las Americas. In my opinion they are very comfortable and I went with them daily to the beach. If you are willing to wait a week or so, I can check out the details for you since I will be going to Boca Chica anyway and I will be going by bus. Which part of S.D. do you live in? There are lots of good connections with las OMSAS to las Americas from all parts of town, so it's not too much of a hassle to get there. But like every public transport in S.D. (except the Metro), one has to have certain knowledge of the area to get where one want. It's not like Europe or North America where you have time tables, specified bus stops and maps with all the routes. Perhaps you already know this, in that case I'm sorry for taking up your time. Anyway, you may PM whenever you want. And I will try to remember to write again as soon as I have checked the details for you.

Makinater

May 4, 2013
almost out the sides? how about 2 or 3 guys hanging to the roof rail? i have been on a carrito from POP to Sosua, and i was jammed in so tightly that the key to my front door broke in my pocket!

In the city, I avoid that problem by paying for an extra seat when I do not feel an overwhelming urge of sitting in the lap of an old man. Or when I've got much luggage with me. It's probably a solution to your problem even in POP and/or Sosua.