Pueblo Pescadores burned down again in Las Terrenas

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
the location of the Pueblo Pescadores isn't ideal for swimming. The creek/tributary coming through the village empties into the ocean nearby. After a rainstorm, it really contaminates the water with all the debris, junk, feces, and God knows what chemicals were dumped in it upstream.
Ok yes. I think I have noticed that nearby at that little stream you have to cross. I avoid it now. It’s a shame. In my opinion it would look amazing if set up right.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
David Collado announced on his Instagram account the the Pueblo Pescadores will be rebuilt and posted this picture:

1648217549062.png

Separate structures so if one catches fire it won't burn them all.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
The only other improvement that I would recommend is that anyone who double parks there and blocks the road be shot immediately and their car sunk to the bottom of the Puerto Rican trench.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
David Collado announced on his Instagram account the the Pueblo Pescadores will be rebuilt and posted this picture:

View attachment 5380

What about first step. Having a proper fire department. Didn’t they turn up late to the fire and they had no water ?

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
The only other improvement that I would recommend is that anyone who double parks there and blocks the road be shot immediately and their car sunk to the bottom of the Puerto Rican trench.
They would have to make it impossible for cars to enter. Here they go in anywhere they can.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The new street appears wider than the old....
Personally, I never saw parking, let alone double, on the street there

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
The new street appears wider than the old....
Personally, I never saw parking, let alone double, on the street there
I think it’s different on those occasions like Semana Santa or other holidays/long weekends.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

View attachment 5380

Gosh David Collado is recommending something which isn't connected to an all inclusive resort. That's a first.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I see you don't follow him on Instagram.

No I don't to be honest. However actions speak louder than Instagram posts and this government seems to be good at announcing new projects but the only ones I have seen which actually happen involve AIs.

I am happy to be corrected if I have the wrong impression.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
This thing cannot work as the road is not wide enough for vehicular traffic. Somehow LT is victim of its own success, not enough space for cars & trucks.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
This thing cannot work as the road is not wide enough for vehicular traffic. Somehow LT is victim of its own success, not enough space for cars & trucks.
I still think. Make it a promenade with a wider beach and then declare that area next to the cemetary the new fisherman village as it kind of looks like the original one anyway and then help upgrade it.

Reactions: Squat

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
No I don't to be honest. However actions speak louder than Instagram posts and this government seems to be good at announcing new projects but the only ones I have seen which actually happen involve AIs.

I am happy to be corrected if I have the wrong impression.
You have the wrong impression.
You really should follow him and the president (and MOPC) on Instagram where they publish on a daily basis all of the projects they have done and are in the process of doing. Not words - Actual projects.
Just the amount of roads being paved is really something- they post a new one almost daily. They have something like 700+ projects they are working on or completed.
Is it really too difficult for you to follow them?

Reactions: AlaPlaya

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
What about first step. Having a proper fire department. Didn’t they turn up late to the fire and they had no water ?
For a fire department to have water in their trucks at all times requires planning, thinking ahead....well...I'll rest my case...planning and thinking ahead is the same here as mantenimiento....DNE

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
You have the wrong impression.
You really should follow him and the president (and MOPC) on Instagram where they publish on a daily basis all of the projects they have done and are in the process of doing. Not words - Actual projects.
Just the amount of roads being paved is really something- they post a new one almost daily. They have something like 700+ projects they are working on or completed.
Is it really too difficult for you to follow them?

I don't use Instagram. But as I said I am happy to be corrected if I have the wrong idea and thank you for helping me.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I don't use Instagram. But as I said I am happy to be corrected if I have the wrong idea and thank you for helping me.
Always a pleasure, Maria.

TBH, I use it very little. I delete anyone who tries to follow me, and I only follow a few gov't. profiles.