Puerto Plata beaches open slowly, slowly

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Playa-El-Dia-e1594214021876.jpg

The beaches along the north coast shore have been closed since 19 March 2020, including the most sacred “beach days” of the year: Holy Week. With the reopening of the tourism industry, people are now allowed back to relaxing with family and friends on the beach.

According to a note in El Dia, dozens of persons have begun to visit the province’s beaches. As of last Wednesday, access to the beaches is permitted, and in Puerto Plata, many people, not massive numbers as yet, are taking advantage of the election weekend, to take a dip in the cool waters of the Atlantic. People are taking a dip with friends and family in Cofresi, Costambar, Pozo del Castillo, Acapulco, Camacho, Long Beach, Marapica, El Pueblito, and Playa Dorada beaches. Also, a bit further east, in Sosua, Bergantin, Cangrejos and Cabarete.

However, this is not a free-for-all assault on the beaches. The authorities...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
Yay! Please open the beaches faster faster.
And leave them open! even if there's another lockdown, people already social distance to groups of family and friends, it's not like a disco or convention. I'll even wear a mask! (When I go diving).

• Haha
Reactions: habi

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Only the shadow knows the new fate of beaches under the next State of Emergency being granted tomorrow.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Todays Sosua News has a small article describing the opening of Punta Cana bar on Sosua Beach.
Here is the quote:
But now that the Corona crisis seems to be coming to an end and the beach bars are allowed to open again,
WTF!! Article is dated July 15, 2020.
This is unhelpful in the extreme.
I only wish it was coming to an end. The opposite appears to be true just as it has happened in all the countries that opened up too soon the virus takes of worse than before.