Puerto Plata, further open to tourism: over 70% of its population is vaccinated

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Does that mean the curfew is gone in Puerto Plata Province as was promised by the government in Santo Domingo when provinces magically hit that 70% vaccination rate?

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Nothing magical, neither you're predictable sarcasm.
gob. do has done a great job with vaccinations!

On the North Coast even in small communities Pfizer inoculations were readily available, including for pregnant women.
Those who waited were rewarded, avoiding Sinovac.
Anyone not braindead, did take advantage.
Second vaccination followed after three weeks.

"El funcionario advirtió que el hecho de que sea levantado el Toque de Queda en Puerto Plata, de ningún modo eso va a cambiar el compromiso de mantener la vigilancia y el protocolo sanitario con todas las medidas de bioseguridad."

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I am still a tad confused regarding the vaccinations.... I had the two Sinovac when available and since then have had a booster (?) of Pfizer so my question is whether I now need a second booster of Pfizer?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Nothing magical, neither you're predictable sarcasm.
gob. do has done a great job with vaccinations!

On the North Coast even in small communities Pfizer inoculations were readily available, including for pregnant women.
Those who waited were rewarded, avoiding Sinovac.
Anyone not braindead, did take advantage.
Second vaccination followed after three weeks.

"El funcionario advirtió que el hecho de que sea levantado el Toque de Queda en Puerto Plata, de ningún modo eso va a cambiar el compromiso de mantener la vigilancia y el protocolo sanitario con todas las medidas de bioseguridad."

I am glad you believe the propaganda. I don't.

I do hope they fully open everywhere soon, despite the curfew starting at 11 causing less traffic. It has to end and people need to move on and live with CV19 that is here, there and everywhere to stay.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I am glad you believe the propaganda. I don't.

I do hope they fully open everywhere soon, despite the curfew starting at 11 causing less traffic. It has to end and people need to move on and live with CV19 that is here, there and everywhere to stay.

People need to get vaccinated which includes the poor countries to avoid mutations and spread.
No-one will be safe till that happens.

Yes, economies and businesses need to be opened.
The reality for the world is that most countries and commercial enterprises have severe restrictions, trying to cope with and manage covid 19.
Including hospitals and their services.

Pre covid normality is just a dream for travel and commerce.
Those just staying in the DR have it easy, affected mainly by just rising prices and availability of goods.
Those of us living an international life with business and travel, face different realities.
Even returning to POP by plane is getting more difficult for non US connections.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I would leave it at this: No one will be safe. CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. We all have to "live" with that reality.
There has been ample time for everyone who wants one to get a vaccination.

So when does POP Province drop all curfews as was promised now that the vaccination number magically reached the requisite 70%?

Reactions: twoinsosua

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
A Question???: Does the 70% double-vaccinated include non-Dominicans (ie. Haitians) ?

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
A Question???: Does the 70% double-vaccinated include non-Dominicans (ie. Haitians) ?
Yes…? My guess is they use the puerto plata population count and divide that by the vaccinated they have of record in puerto plata locations to get to “70%”.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Population of the province....

We in Maria T Sanchez have such a large rural population I doubt we will ever get to 70%
The rural people don't move around much, have few (if any) clinics and are quite insular

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Population of the province....

We in Maria T Sanchez have such a large rural population I doubt we will ever get to 70%
The rural people don't move around much, have few (if any) clinics and are quite insular
Then you will have a curfew forever and ever. And that is a very long time. Unless:

Even New Zealand has realized that since CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay, they have to release their ideas that lockdowns can eliminate CV19.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
11pm w/ a 2 hr extension isn't too onerous in the campo.....

We all seem to be enjoying it.

Very prosperous these day... construction galore, restaurants are full..... life goes on at a nice pace

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
11pm w/ a 2 hr extension isn't too onerous in the campo.....

We all seem to be enjoying it.

Very prosperous these day... construction galore, restaurants are full..... life goes on at a nice pace
Absolutely correct. And could never have been accomplished without the Sinovac and Pfizer vaccines given out free from the DR Government................................

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I am ready for my Sino booster.... I was 6 mo in on Oct 1st

I'll do it before the end of Oct.... gets me thru the winter season and 2 trips to USA

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I am ready for my Sino booster.... I was 6 mo in on Oct 1st

I'll do it before the end of Oct.... gets me thru the winter season and 2 trips to USA
Your better off taking the Pfizer as a booster instead. More strength. I did anyway. And you need not wait 6 months to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.