Pueto 'Pa Mi

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Saw this at Sambil. The movie has been out for a while but there was a nice crowd watching so hopefully it will make money. I'm sure it's on the streets by now.

Has anyone viewed the movie, would like to read some comments. My take on it:

I give it 3 out of 4 stars. Production value was good, acting not bad. I think this was Mozart y Mejor first movie.

Don't want to give away the story but it's basically the story of how two Dominicans trying to become successful in the music game. Two different stories but same out come. Easy to follow plot, maybe that's why I could enjoy it with my limited spanish skills. Also it was cool seeing spots in the movie that I've been to before.

What I didn't like; all the product placement shots. I know you have to funding for your project but dangg I didn't see one Presidente in the movie. All Heineken and Coors light, really?

Also didn't like the color undertones, but that's is life in DR.

Anyone else has a review?

Last edited:

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
video of the Mozart

[video=youtube;ap1Ms_XH1YY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap1Ms_XH1YY[/video]

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
clips from the Premiere

[video=youtube;u0h5bIa2gig]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0h5bIa2gig[/video]

May 29, 2006
I saw it a couple weeks ago with the new GF. I'd def like to see again with subtitles. First time seeing a movie in a Dominican theater and wasn't as rowdy as I'd been told to expect. It was a little odd they didn't have the runner lights on the stairs and didn't much care for the delivery service during the movie and the guy next to me paying for popcorn and drinks with a debit card, but all in all, had a good time.

One thing that set it apart from an American movie was there was no love interest. Could easily be remade into an American version.

El chubi was quite the earworm.. annoying yet infectious. The audience liked it..

[video=youtube;o5_SfUIIDHU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5_SfUIIDHU[/video]

Last edited:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
........ First time seeing a movie in a Dominican theater and wasn't as rowdy as I'd been told to expect.......

I know, I know going off topic a bit but what theater did you see the movie at?

@ the OP, thanks for the post and will make sure I see the flick before it leaves the theaters.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
I saw it a couple weeks ago with the new GF. I'd def like to see again with subtitles. First time seeing a movie in a Dominican theater and wasn't as rowdy as I'd been told to expect. It was a little odd they didn't have the runner lights on the stairs and didn't much care for the delivery service during the movie and the guy next to me paying for popcorn and drinks with a debit card, but all in all, had a good time.

One thing that set it apart from an American movie was there was no love interest. Could easily be remade into an American version.

El chubi was quite the earworm.. annoying yet infectious. The audience liked it..

[video=youtube;o5_SfUIIDHU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5_SfUIIDHU[/video]

The relation between Mozart and the Puerto Rican girl was a love interest but not a developed one, almost like they forgot hey he needs a novia. He call her his novia at the end of the movie. So yeah you are right, it really wasn't one.

May 29, 2006
I saw it in Hig?ey on a Sunday night. We had to sit in the isles because they were sold out and we came in late.

Was the DJ actress also in La Soga?

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
I saw it in Hig?ey on a Sunday night. We had to sit in the isles because they were sold out and we came in late.

Was the DJ actress also in La Soga?

Good eye that is her:
Denise Qui?ones she is from Puerto Rico , but the way she said , "Como estas".. Como tu ta just like a Dominican

May 29, 2006
What I didn't like; all the product placement shots. I know you have to funding for your project but dangg I didn't see one Presidente in the movie. All Heineken and Coors light, really?

Yeah, that confused me, and I was wondering if they were supposed to be in PR, because who the hell drinks Heineken from the barrio in SD? Never occurred to me that it was product placement.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Go to the Matinee in any theater, and there's a very good chance you'll have the whole place to yourself.

I refuse to go to a later showing with all the idiots with their smartphones, their social catching up, their late arrivals, their talking during the movie, checking phones during the movie, taking calls and general lack of social skills and manners..

All that crap easily outweighs the eye candy watching.

What, where matinees?

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Go to the Matinee in any theater, and there's a very good chance you'll have the whole place to yourself.

I refuse to go to a later showing with all the idiots with their smartphones, their social catching up, their late arrivals, their talking during the movie, checking phones during the movie, taking calls and general lack of social skills and manners..

All that crap easily outweighs the eye candy watching.

The early showing c 7pm in Bella Vista Cine is free of all the annoying clatter mobiles and so on.

And Everest in 3d will keep them quiet. Some great camera work.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
JDJones...half the fun of going to the flicks here is to have the audience participation .. it is part of the way of living..very casual and laid back and it is not as if you were at a mozart concert

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Not for me brother. I know I'm in the minority, but I like my peace and quiet..

I'm guessing you're a younger guy that enjoys the camaraderie. Nothing wrong with that at all, but not for me.

I'm an older guy, so I can be a little old fashioned.

No No my friend .I wish that I was young again but in fact I am a very active old man in my 70s .my son turned 50 last year and my grandchildren are in their twenties ....and the bones ache but the mind has never been sharper.

Someone1997

Feb 21, 2016
As well as I know in the Caribbean countries generally people say this way, in Cuba, Puerto Rico is the same