Punta Cana Lowest Prices All Year

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
So you've never been in a shop and had bad service? Or a supermarket? Or a bank? I'm referring to Dominicans' general perception of what service looks like. What they grow up experiencing. Remember the vast majority of people who work in hotels in DR never stay in a hotel.
Of course I have, but I would not say that service is "atrocious" as a whole. It is not something I encounter regularly. Is it a Dominican's general perception or is it yours of what service looks like or should look like. I just find it amazing that people that have chosen to live in the DR can constantly find the negative. Punta Cana is a resort town, and for what it is, service IMO is good. I have the same opinion about service I receive in Santo Domingo or elsewhere.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
No, I don’t have a problem with that either.
I mean daily life in general when you depend on others to get some things done. Time and quality are often very sloppy.
That of course is to be expected around lunchtime in a big city especially. Miami, NYC and London for instance. I wonder if Santo Domingo is becoming like that in Piantini/Naco.

Jan 9, 2004
the cruise ship passengers are also counted.... how much money does each of them spend in the DR?
Probably not as much as a typical AI customer who is likely there for a week.......but they do pay taxes and fees when booking......even if they never leave the ship. Cruise ship operators pay a docking fee at every port of call......collected from passengers when they book.

Then there is/are taxi fees/gift shop/vendor sales/food/beverage, etc.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: aarhus

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Of course I have, but I would not say that service is "atrocious" as a whole. It is not something I encounter regularly. Is it a Dominican's general perception or is it yours of what service looks like or should look like. I just find it amazing that people that have chosen to live in the DR can constantly find the negative. Punta Cana is a resort town, and for what it is, service IMO is good. I have the same opinion about service I receive in Santo Domingo or elsewhere.

I guess it depends on how simply you live. I have been working and running a business so that involves a lot of interaction with suppliers and other companies, and I could honestly describe Dominican service as atrocious, in general. Nothing arrives on time, staff in shops frequently say they haven't got stock of something without even bothering to check, banks try to make things as complicated as possible, nobody ever calls you back when they say they will, nobody ever says thank you, I could go on and on and on.

Reactions: XTraveller

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Probably not as much as a typical AI customer who is likely there for a week.......but they do pay taxes and fees when booking......even if they never leave the ship. Cruise ship operators pay a docking fee at every port of call......collected from passengers when they book.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
When they publish the stats they could divide it into overnight staying tourists and cruise ship visitors
I guess it depends on how simply you live. I have been working and running a business so that involves a lot of interaction with suppliers and other companies, and I could honestly describe Dominican service as atrocious, in general. Nothing arrives on time, staff in shops frequently say they haven't got stock of something without even bothering to check, banks try to make things as complicated as possible, nobody ever calls you back when they say they will, nobody ever says thank you, I could go on and on and on.
the DR is a socalled developing country.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Lol...I would not describe how I/we live as simple, not even close (although sometimes I wish it was). As I said, I just have never had that constant "atrocious" service you seem to experience constantly. But moving on as this thread is about Punta Cana low resort prices.

Reactions: aarhus and colmcb

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
I think instead of saying how many tourists they get a year... talk about what was the total amount of money from the alleged number of tourists.......

Jan 9, 2004
I think instead of saying how many tourists they get a year... talk about what was the total amount of money from the alleged number of tourists.......
There is only one way to assess that with any reasonable accuracy........and that is, much like Europe, to refund tourists the ITBIS they pay on purchases. That might be the only way to come close to figuring out how much tourist spend is actually taking place,

Right now it really is a guess.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2