Punta Cana may soon be curfew free

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Vacunate-RD-Arecoa-1-e1626360933419.jpg

The Ministry of Public Health reports that the province of La Altagracia could soon qualify to be curfew free. La Altagracia is where Punta Cana, the largest vacation destination of the Caribbean is located. The Abinader administration has announced that provinces where 70% of the population is vaccinated with a second dose could be relieved from opening hour restrictions.

In La Altagracia, 68.5% of the population has received the two doses of Covid-19 vaccine. In La Altagracia, the main employers are hotel and tourism companies where management has created the conditions for staff to be promptly vaccinated.

Other tourism destinations need to speed up vaccination drives. Puerto Plata is showing 50.6% of its 18+ population vaccinated with two doses and 54.9% with the first dose.; Santo Domingo has 49.1% with 64.9% of the population having a first dose. La Romana is...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
No All-Incl are not allowed to leave the property.... during curfew, i expect... a curfew of sorts
Not severe

Same as the rest of us - no going into the streets.

Those guests wouldn't feel a thing - and the hotels are doing well again
Tourism seems to have returned

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
No All-Incl are not allowed to leave the property.... during curfew, i expect... a curfew of sorts
Not severe

Same as the rest of us - no going into the streets.

Those guests wouldn't feel a thing - and the hotels are doing well again
Tourism seems to have returned

Just got back from Zona Colonial. While it wasn't packed, it's the most I've seen in way over a year. Glad to see it.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just got back from Zona Colonial. While it wasn't packed, it's the most I've seen in way over a year. Glad to see it.
Since you are glad to see tourism rebound do you really think that the vaccine rollout had nothing to do with this? You can't have it both ways.....................................

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Since you are glad to see tourism rebound do you really think that the vaccine rollout had nothing to do with this? You can't have it both ways.....................................
I am absolutely shocked!
Who would have thought with only a few (potential hundreds of) million tourism
dollars to be made by select businesses in the Punta Cana area... that they would
be first in the country to go "curfew free"?
#unfreakingbelievable #cashisandalwayswillbekingintheDR

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Since you are glad to see tourism rebound do you really think that the vaccine rollout had nothing to do with this? You can't have it both ways....................................

Sure I can have it both ways. I'm not vaxd and have no intention of doing so. If others choose to relax the curfew that is their decision, not mine.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Made up numbers, but go ahead and reopen.

It is past due to reopen any way since anyone that wanted a vaccination could easily have gotten them.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Aaaaand here it is!

So all will be open. But you still have to still have to wear a mask? Ambiguous. Typical.

"Asimismo, manifestó que la población debe aprender a convivir con el Covid y seguir protegiéndose con la vacuna hasta llegar al por ciento más alto, y sobretodo seguir manteniendo los protocolos de seguridad."

Google translation:

He also stated that the population must learn to live with Covid and continue to protect themselves with the vaccine until reaching the highest percent, and above all continue to maintain safety protocols.