Punta Cana vs. Boca Chica.

L

Loren

uh, azb...

He likes his anonimity so I wont give it away, but I've known Scaramooch for years and he could probably BUY Playa Dorada.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: SCROODGE IS HERE!!!

Well, so much for nice Christmas greetings and wishes for the holidays. Put your gloves on guys and girls. It looks like 2002 is going to be an interesting year for DR1. This Boca Chica thread is the start of.....lets get on with life!!!! And to think that we did not even wait for New Years.

By the way John, we have given you two sides of Boca Chica.It is up to you to go to the area you want. If you want people shooting guns instead of firecrackers for Christmas, want to see lots of motoconchos, whores, peddlers, noise and bachata 24 hours a day, just go to the real Boca Chica town, where the regulars live.

If you want high class entertainment and have contacts with the high class or enough money to make a splash, there is plenty you can do in BC.Bring your racing boat and show it off at the restaurants and in the beach area, fill it up with PUCMM and UNPHU girls, serve Dom Perignon, drop your skis and show off a little, then go to your friends villa by the shore to have a nightcap. Have your chauffeur bring your convertible Porsche Boxter so you can drive around Duarte Street back and forth and blow some money on the strip.

If you dont have the contacts, but have the money, let me know and I will bring the car full of girls. You take care of the entertainment bill, and I will show you what high class is in Boca Chica.

TW

J

John

Thanks, but i am not a new rich

Thanks you for your offer , but i dont need an agent to introduce me in the boca chica "high class". I am not interested in a town divided for a "Berlin wall" to separate poors from the richs.
if this is that great and rich as you say. why you dont mention the rich and famous who has villas here. those villas are deteriorated and in bad shape. and please dont tell me what a nice villa is, because this is with i work for.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Thanks, but i am not a new rich

John:

If you work for somebody who owns a villa, then you are either a gardener, a maid, a chauffeur or the cook. How can you talk about PUCMM and UNPHU girls if you are so poor? I can see why you hate the Hamaca wall. I love that wall because it keeps the riff raff out. Plus I like the beach on the western side of the wall. It is clean, warm, soft sand and you can sit in the water anywhere. On other side are the bachateros, the guys walking around with bottles of cheap rum hanging from the bottle yellow net screaming dirty words to all the girls that pass by and the vendors.

TW

D

Dale

I have to agree with John, Boca is a complete dump as far as I could see in three days. It was my first time to the DR a couple weeks ago and I was shocked at how dirty and seedy that town was.Thank God I went to the north coast and saw more of the country.Even the beach was dissapointing. Maybe I'm just a spoiled American but its difficult to look at a beach as beautiful when there are dozens of scrappy homeless dogs peeing and crapping in it right in front of you

J

John

well, TW if you have 1 million dollar maybe we can have a talk. I am a villas designer. an architect graduate in the best school in mexico city with a master degree in landscaping architect. and i just work for richs who can afford my work.
by the way what do you do for living?

T

Tony C.

Character VS Plastic

I was talking to a guy the other day and he said he preferred the "Key West" village at Orlando's Sea World over the real Key West because it was cleaner and there weren't any weirdos! This is similar to the BC Vs PC debate. One has Character. One is Plastic.

Punta Cana is a great place for people who want their lives Pre-packaged and safe. I Go to Punta Cana on occaision to relax and relieve myself of everyday stress. Now when I want to have fun and enjoy life I would pick Boca Chica anyday.

As for the "wall" Seperating the rich from the poor. I reserve the right to associate myself with anyone I want. If i don't want to be around riff-raff who are you or anyone else to say I can't? The Beach at BC is Long. their is plenty of room for all!

P

Pib

AZB

Last time my dad put me up for sale he was asking for 3 goats, one chicken and 2 camels. I must be worth less now.

P

Pib

Mr. McImbrass

Something, somewhere inside of me says I should be offended. I tried to be, I really did. But I can't be offended when I am on the floor curled in a fetal position laughing AT you (Notice I said I am laughing AT you, not laughing WITH you).

I think we have another Seinfeld here.

J

Jan

Not an expert but...

I was in Punta Cana in a resort and I found it to be quite boring..had to sneak out at night to have fun in a small road side bar.
Snuck into Hamaca once too..I thought it was equal to the Punta Cana beach...it was nice and the drinks were free too!!!Can't beat that!!

D

Doug

Re: Not an expert but...

Hamaca has a alright disco(I don't know why it's called a disco?)in Las Olas, but the town has so much more to offer in the way of clubs.....albeit they arn't as nice ,decorating wise,but they are every much as fun, and when you go there you don't have to hang around the wierdos. It's not a place (Boca Chica)where I would suggest a couple go out for a evening, unless you go to one of the upscale resturants, but if you are going with a few buddies or a few couples and want to party and have fun, then Boca Chica is a good choice and it's proximity to the Capital makes it a great choice for staying and also going into the Capital for more fun as well!

P

Pib

Doug

Nope. My dad doesn't believe in such nonsense as internet commerce. He makes business the old way: a handshake and a loaded gun. But if I convice him to post me on E-Bay maybe somebody could even throw a donkey into the deal... Interesting... Hmmm...

D

Doug

Re: Doug

Yes Pib you always want to start High on e-bay....cause you know they'll talk you down...lol....Just joking Pib....could'nt resist though

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Have you been to Miami Beach?

Well, granted...there are a few dogs who roam around licking your feet while you are sunning in BC and a couple of whores walk by showing you one breast to see if you want to go for both...but what about Miami Beach?

Miami Beach is cleaner..OK..no dogs..ok..but where are the damn trees? Not a damn coconut tree in sight.The sand looks like the construction variety. You have to walk a mile to get from the boardwalk to the water...the water is cold and rough and is a very impersonal place. It is more fit for surfing than swimming. Palm Beach is the opposite..you can almost jump from the street to the rough waters, not trees either in its almost desolate streets.

Take Orchard Beach,NY. It is called "La Playa de los Mojones". Ever wonder why? Or How about Coney Island? Another super dump full of gangs and robbers. Ever go to Glen Cove Beach in Long Island? The water from your refrigerator might be warmer.

Ever go to the beaches along the Great Lakes? The fish have their eyes in their backs...wonder why? Ever heard of PCB? You can ice fish in summertime too. I also prefer not to bathe in the water I drink.

BC is not so bad after all.

TW

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Hey John, for a million dollars

John:

When and if I ever decide to build a villa for $1,000,000 I would call my favorite architect Robert Venturi. But even if I wanted a mexican graduate I would go for Ricardo Legorreta before I hire you. Thanks anyway.

TW

J

John

TW !wake up!

I know Ricargo Legorreta very well. i had been in his office couple of times, i love his work as well as A. Zabludosky, Barragan, Agust?n Hern?ndez. but TW wake up these architects will never design a villa for you. Ricargo Legorreta is a disciple of Barrag?n and he says: "If you want a house designed for me, you have to deserve it"
Sorry, but Mexico is not santo Domingo. new richs in Mexico are nobody.

M

mb

Re: TW !wake up!

Well---I leave for the DR in 6 weeks and this continued conversation is what a message board is all about. I am glad it wasn't deleted. Some of the comments were from people who rarely post. BOCA CHICA it is. I like Tony C. he simplfies things for the complainers if you don't like where you are MOVE!!

Doug is right Santo Domingo is right around the corner, that is big and I love a big city I have never experienced.

The one thing I will do when I get home to New York--is post my vacation.