Punto Final (La Escuelota)

Malafama

Mar 17, 2005
For the people who used to live in DR and the ones that live there.. There was a show on Color VIsion every night called Punto Final hosted by Freddy Beras and Ivonne Beras.. they had probably the best comedy i have ever watched and one of the segments was called "La Escuelita or Escuelota" with Boruga, Cuquin, Nani Pe?a, and some others.. The other night i went to a bar here in Paterson, NJ and they were playing a DVD with about 4 hours of that show.. so i was just wondering if anyone knows a place where i could get that DVD.. I asked the guy at the bar but he couldn't tell me. I would deeply appreciate any help possible.

Thanks

M

Mr.Mark

You can do this...

Call Freddy's producer and tell them what you want. Make someone call from here. I don't know how those guys from the restaurant got that DVD -I doubt they bought it at a store-, by calling them and telling them what you want.

Malafama

Mar 17, 2005
Mr.Mark said:
Call Freddy's producer and tell them what you want. Make someone call from here. I don't know how those guys from the restaurant got that DVD -I doubt they bought it at a store-, by calling them and telling them what you want.

I will try to call... Hopefully i can get something started..

Malafama

Mar 17, 2005
fko1 said:
Malafama, you a paterson boy? That's my original hometown and both my parents grew up there.

Yeah!! Well, i have been living here for the past 7-8 years.. But it is good to know i'm not the only one from this area..

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Just to let you know, they still have La Escuelota and it's as funny as ever; they show it every night on Freddy's show "con Freddy y Punto", I think it's on channel 9 color vision 8-10PM; that segment is hilarious.

wtlaw

Dec 21, 2006
DirecTV has Freddy's show every night in channel 434 @8pm. However, is a far cry from the show you mentioned from the late 70's and 80's when the late Milton Pelaez and Cuquin were part of the staff. These days IMHO, the show is unwatchable, not funny and poorly produced. Since Freddy is facing his own mortality, I'm sure his priorities have changed.

Jan 5, 2006
DirecTV has Freddy's show every night in channel 434 @8pm. However, is a far cry from the show you mentioned from the late 70's and 80's when the late Milton Pelaez and Cuquin were part of the staff.
So true! They still have La Escuelota; maybe once a week, but not as funny. The only really funny character left is "Bimbinicio" played by Felipe Polanco aka "Boruga".

I've only seen such DVDs being sold by street vendors. I bought one in Santiago 2 or 3 months ago that seems like a homemade compilation of old recordings. Well woth the $100 pesos that I paid.