Purchasing Investment Property in Sasoua (Casa Linda)

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
It is also easy to get to the Capital from LT.. on a direct bus that goes across one of the most beautiful drives that I have ever seen. Takes 3 hours, costs $10. So if you are on vacation and hit a patch of two or three days of rain, it is easy to get on the bus and come to the Capital and go to the movies, do malls and museums, that sort of thing. (and you know the island, rain in one place is not in the other)

Transport

and there is horse back riding as well

Annie,
Is it safe to assume that you will not buy at Casa Linda nor move to Sosua?:)

I was not deeply impressed by LT.
Narrow sidewalks, noisy quads, Pizza/Pasta..... yes there are also other dining choices.
For me the North Coast has more to offer.
As fas as purchasing and carrying high maintenance fees in gated communities, one can do the math.

blue eyes

Jan 24, 2013
Well Ma my villa is in phase 1 which means it was built 17 years ago,but I have Eric trying to track them down.Mosquitos are not a problem as the barrio gets fumigated every month and the pool man keeps the pool clean regardless if it is empty or full.
As always Cheers BE

M

mta2

Thanks for the feedback everyone and I checked out LT but that's not the location that I'm looking for.

My brother reached out to another home owner at Casa Linda that he became friends with and the homeowner is very happy with the rental revenue he's generating. However, I have to spend more time there to figure out if that's the right investment for me. I have to talk to more people and speak to some friends who live in DR.

Does anyone know other places in SOSUA that offers a rental program with reasonable maintenance fees?

Servaldad

Jun 7, 2013
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Cabarete is a great choice vs Sosua....

Hello Mir:

Two years ago, I was investigating property in the Dominican Republic and considered Casa Linda in Sosua.
The properties there were beautiful and I almost jumped at the chance of owning one. The real estate agent
that I was using at the time pushed the property like crazy. However, my better common sense won out and I
made the decision to look in the Cabarete area and I have not regretted it a bit.

I live in a two bedroom condo at Cabarete East...ON THE BEACH. It is beautiful, the condo fees are about $375
US per month and include water, garbage, electricity, cable and internet, security, and maid service! The
grounds are lovely, the pool is crystal clear, and there is a restaurant here on-site that is phenomenal! The
staff is always helpful, the Concierge (Alberto) is amazing. And, the beach is outstanding.

When I am not using my condo, I rent it through the rental pool here and make more than enough to offset
maintenance fees.

Basically, look around. There are loads of properties here that are better suited to your needs than Casa Linda.
Casa Linda's fees are exorbitant/outrageous...especially after the first two years! Many of the units are empty
now and just sitting that way.

A good contact is Century 21 (Juan Perdomo). My agents were Alex and Anabela Nogueiro.

Best of luck in your search,
Chuck Wilkinson

E

Eric Sandmael

Hello Chuck,

I don't mind that you recommend other places. If I were a potential buyer I would also search around for the best place to invest/live. However, the "facts" you give about projects like Casa Linda should be true and not based on assumptions.
In my previous comments on this thread I explained about the fees we have here in Casa Linda, and that 92% of the subdivision fee of USD 290 goes to keep a very high level of security in our project. For your information we have our own well trained security officers, walls, fences, electronic fences, cameras in addition to dogs protecting the perimeter of Casa Linda. For sure this is a cost, but I think most of our homeowners prefer to pay a little bit more for the extra security we have here.
By the way, the fees are the same after two years, and most of the villas are absolutely not empty. We have in fact quite high occupancy all year around, and that's also why a lot of our homeowners buy more than one villa in our subdivision.

All the best,
Eric Sandmael

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Eric, thanks for your replies, they are appreciated and show the other side of the coin.

I have approved the posts that had been unapproved by the mods.

The originals complaint has been unapproved as the OP did not post their contact details.

Alos...

NO more LT related posts and highjacking threads.

Carry on...

E

Eric Sandmael

Now my first post is back again as #18:classic:

Yes, it's true that I run Casa Linda. Should like to get feedbacks from you out there. Especially on issues that can help us to improve our project.

Thanks,
Eric

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
CCCologne.... no need to apologize formally.....

a brief bow or curtsy will do..... doff your chapeau, if you want to

and remember to attend those Mod meetings in the future.....lol

A

Against all odds

casa linda

you won't make friends by calling them liars......

Against All Odds says they accept cards and others said the same earlier

Yes, casa linda does accept credit cards, all persons, groups must leave a deposit as one of their check in process, so they do accept credit cards, they would be stupid not too.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Pages ago ... Sosua went in the sewer.....

MA has shanghaied the thread.........

sorry, did not mean to shanghai the thread. Just got into the fact that lots of the rentals do not pay the taxes on rentals since the owners are absentee and deposits are made to foreign banks. And warning the OP that there HAVE been developers who have left AND issues with builders who did not use the best material AND issues with titles.

Also that I still do not see a place to pay with credit cards on Casa Linda. But now the owner is here and can answer questions.

I moved out of LT to the Capital so no I really would not live on the NC anywhere but I am a full time resident, not a snow bird or an investment owner.

But the OP was simply looking for investment property and I was really just pointing out the odd difference in prices between Sosua and LT. Which is ODD, if you ask me. Why should LT be so much more expensive if there is so much more to do in Sosua?

What is Sosua NOT doing to promote itself?

SosuaSam

Jan 4, 2010
I cannot think of one reason why properties in LT are higher value than in Sosua. Now let me get back to my magazine "Horny Lonely Old Man Digest".

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
The other issue is that they have taken to raking the beach to make it all nice for the tourists and make it look like the Caribbean. Which it is not. It is the Atlantic.

They are raking the seaweed away from the roots of the palm trees when they should be packing it in and netting them. I have seen more than one palm tree fall.

Last time I was there, I had a complete nervous breakdown over this. Really. Fell on the ground weeping. From that and from the fact that the little Dominican place where I used to stay.. which was on hard ground and had well water, had run out of water, because it was full of guests, and they had upped the watts on the outdoor lights "for security and comfort" of the guests and I could no longer see the stars.

If that is all it takes for you to have a nervous breakdown it doesn't sound like you are very stable. Perhaps in your condition it would be better if you refrained from giving advice to others and sought professional help instead. I hope you recover soon. Good luck.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
If that is all it takes for you to have a nervous breakdown it doesn't sound like you are very stable. Perhaps in your condition it would be better if you refrained from giving advice to others and sought professional help instead. I hope you recover soon. Good luck.

No, I am not stable. Most folks already know that. And I do have professional help. I might not need so MUCH help if other folks did not do such stupid things like raking the seaweed protections away from the palm roots.

But actually I have given some pretty good advice over the ten years and over 10,000 post on DR1.

Everyone has to just check things out for themselves. Anyone who just takes something posted by an anonymous poster on a message board is an idiot and deserves what they get.

And if you had been living here for ten years and were as attached to this island and its people as I am and had the sort of sensitivities that I have, you might actually have the sense

to
have
a
flailing
weeping
sobbing
ground pounding
nervous breakdown

when you see palmtrees falling
over on a fragile beach line
on the North Coast

of the North Coast

which is the ATLANTIC

which is NOT the Caribbean

and which beach line,

at least, in Las Terrenas,

is getting

smaller
every
year,

Perhaps the beach in Sosua is getting bigger?

Ten

weeping
sobbing
ground pounding
breaking down
gringos

might
even
save
the
life of a palm tree

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
must say ...I had some dealings with alex and anabela...found them extremely professional and very nice people
Hello Mir:

Two years ago, I was investigating property in the Dominican Republic and considered Casa Linda in Sosua.
The properties there were beautiful and I almost jumped at the chance of owning one. The real estate agent
that I was using at the time pushed the property like crazy. However, my better common sense won out and I
made the decision to look in the Cabarete area and I have not regretted it a bit.

I live in a two bedroom condo at Cabarete East...ON THE BEACH. It is beautiful, the condo fees are about $375
US per month and include water, garbage, electricity, cable and internet, security, and maid service! The
grounds are lovely, the pool is crystal clear, and there is a restaurant here on-site that is phenomenal! The
staff is always helpful, the Concierge (Alberto) is amazing. And, the beach is outstanding.

When I am not using my condo, I rent it through the rental pool here and make more than enough to offset
maintenance fees.

Basically, look around. There are loads of properties here that are better suited to your needs than Casa Linda.
Casa Linda's fees are exorbitant/outrageous...especially after the first two years! Many of the units are empty
now and just sitting that way.

A good contact is Century 21 (Juan Perdomo). My agents were Alex and Anabela Nogueiro.

Best of luck in your search,
Chuck Wilkinson

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Mountainannie I have to say that I really enjoy your posts on this forum, you seem to be someone who really "gets" this island and isn't just here to try and exploit as many Dominicans as you can. I guess that means I'm equally unstable.