Question about the process to Canada..Vintage's process from start to visa issued

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
vintage,

congratulations on receiving news that there is some progress happening with your file!

i can't say enough how important it is for your own sanity to stay positive & try not to stress about all the "what if's".

dominican_daisy is right in what she said about red flags...

if you take a minute & try to think about it from the governments perspective it might make it a little easier to understand WHY they would write that on your file.

in many many many situations, underpriviledged people will use foreigners to gain access to canada, a better life, more money etc.

the government looks for the "red flags" and signs that show up on the applications when a dominican is using a foreigner for "visa only" purposes.

(example.. age gap, getting married too fast, no proof of continuing emails, phone calls, trips after the marriage etc.)

when these signs pop up, they usually make the applicant attend an interview, request more proof of relationship etc to be sure that your relationship is real & not fraudulent.

this is to protect the sponsor (you) and the country.

Now, having said all that, if you send everything they require & have an honest legitimate relationship then you really have nothing to worry about & should try not to stress over things that are out of your control.

I know it isn't easy when you are excited & want to be together but it looks like you have a great MP that really cares & took the time to get some good information for you.

Use that as an advantage & be happy that you know exactly what they want & what concerns they have with your file.

Send them anything you have to put those concerns to rest & then sit back & hope for the best.

Making yourself stressed out & upset won't change anything so try to think about the last time you saw your husband & then daydream & look forward to the next time.

Counting the days in smaller blocks of time usally makes the time go faster ;)

Also patiently waiting,
Sangria

Reactions: AnnaC

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
thanks sangria,
i feel a lil better.In the application i sent them way more than they even asked for.
All the wedding cards,photos galore,everything was included,thousands of dollars of phone bills
from my cell and my home phone.
divorce decrees,
you name it i sent it
receipts from the cake the wedding reception ,all our purchases
airline tickets..i was there five times last year,
receipts from the honeymoon hotel

they have more than they neeed
i am in the process of getting together every phone bill from after we were married and i have thousands of dollars more,
more phone cards too,more receipts,a ton more photos,more emails etc... we dont have alot of emails because my husband does not go to the internet alot.
i never go to resorts anymore but alwasy stay at his familys house.

i can only dream of the life we can have and hope god works it out

thnks
i have beeen tru alot

Ellie2008

Aug 8, 2008
Sangria

that was so well written. I agree with everything you said, we need to stay positive during this process or a person could go mad!! :)

I too am waiting and take it one day at a time. I have many additional things to send if needed, but for now I trust i sent enough to prove our relationship.

Vintage, I understand your worry, but if you stay positive things will work out for you. I am sending positive thoughts your way. Keep us informed

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Good job Sangria

Well Im a Dominican living in Canada, now citizen.

One of the advise that I will give you is to prepare yourself and your husband for further question. You better bring enough evidence of your relationship for what it make sense the Canadian embassy can see what you cant.
like a long distance relationship how often you see each other or how often you guys talk Vs cir****ances of having kids together, have lived together
they turn to be more flexible.

My advice dont push does people let them do their job, go to the interview
and if you didnt have a bank account together before DONT DO IT NOW!

If was you I will be there for the interview it shows you interest and again
they prob. might have some question for you that will help them to their job.

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Age will be the last thing to be worried, They cant choose who you love
just get all your paper work together and go there to fight your right to be with your husband. You are not the problem either him but all I can say is
that many Dominicans made Canada to have a bad impression on all Dominicans.

1- Like many of those who come after a year leave wife and Canada,
reason : getting homesick, weather, work enviroment, getting use to the country and language.

2- Others or must Dominican here are working cash and living under gov.
assistance.

Fight it yourself leave the MP for last, make sure the guy tell the true
of anything criminal records, unknown kids, deported before. because they easy can find anything thats the last you and the MP need.

So, I dont want to sound negative or sounding like judging your husband
because Im not.

Im just telling you about things that happens.

PS: Easy I blame the Immigration for some of the problem, because I believe that they should have a fiance visa that both girfriend and boyfriend can see
each other linving together and adapting to the country culture, work, weather. If in 6 month things doesnt work the person must leave the country.

right now i should be happy but all i want to do is bawl im seriously stressed over this bull about the age difference

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
hello and thanks very much for all your advice.
everything is on the up and up with myself and my husband.
nothing to hide
and have sent them every piece of evidence they require.

just they want more
so if thats what they want thats what ill do.

i have tried to see if it is possible to attend but at the moment i cannot go there for the interview.
i cannot get the time off work and i cannot fly there when i neeed to save the money for my husbands flight
as you know everything is money ..and money runs short

sooooooooooooooooooo
thanks for the insight

vintage

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
Question about interviews for Canadian visa

i am curious if anyone knows
is my husband expected to know
the names of all my family members/mother, father ,sisters brothers, neices, nephews,
and there husbands or wives names,where they live,
the names of there children and ages,
how many children each sibling has. there occupations,where they were all born.

why i was divorced for both marriages,the names of the spouses
aunt uncles etc

i am not close with my family and we dont talk about this stuff

he knows my children information and thats all

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Others have posted that whatever you wrote on your application is what they will ask him.

It's to see if your stories match.

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
i dont remeber if they asked my brothers and sisters names
anna
but the thing is i dont even know half of my cousins names or
my aunts and uncles
lil own my sisters kids names i can only remember some
i have not seen them in 20 years

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Did you write their names in the application?

If you don't know all by names you would have to really think about it when you filled in the application. That was only 6 months ago right?

The group that has gone through the process lately didn't have an interview but other people in the past have said that anything you wrote in your application is what they will be asking him at the interview.

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
They did ask for my sister's name at my husband's interview. But it might have been because he met them at the wedding

dominican_daisy

Apr 18, 2006
They do not ask about your cousins, aunts, uncles....unless you have it in you application or they have met your husband or if they are in any photos...

What ever you put in your application is what they are going to ask about.

Did you not make an extra copy of your application????

DD;)

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
no i did not i just couldnt go tru photocopying one more thing.
it was so lengthy girl
i just didnt

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
vintage...

i recently read about some people who have a similiar background to you (http://www.immigration.ca/discussion2/).

in a couple of cases the spouse was interviewed & asked about the divorces, names, dates of their spouses previous marriages etc.

in 1 case, i read that they were denied based partially on the person not knowing their wife's marital history.

i have never heard them ask that in the DR, but that is something you might want to share with your husband just in case they did ask.

sangria

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
hi sangria he knows all about my previous marriages
and the names of the kids fathers
he knows everything

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
question regarding shipping papers to the DR

i have to send all of my new documents to my husband so he can take them with him to the embassy.They are ready now
Haiti told me not to send them there,but to bring all new documents to the interview

so i need to know what company i can use to send my papers to my husband.i dont want to send them to his casa but i want to send them somewhere reliable where they will call him and he can he can go and pick them up.If anyone knows can u also supply me with the web address and or telephone number

thanks so much

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
Send them via FeDex and get your husband to pick them up at the closest airport. I've done this before for my wife and no issues. Even get a tracking number which is nice because you can see the delivery status online.