Question about the process to Canada..Vintage's process from start to visa issued

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
I always use DHL and I send it to the Hotel we always go to because they all know us there. The wedding planner I used, accepts them for me and calls my husband.

Do you have somewhere you can send them to like this? If not, bjnissa is right - I would send them to the airport as a pick-up location.

Last edited:

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Vintage - don't get upset. Keep positive. It will all work out for all of us!

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
hi lexi thanks for the kind words i have beeen following your story and hope everything is final for you soon

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
i dont have an address to send them too,i dont trust that he will get them.

i dont know the closet airport and do they have a dhl office there i could send them too

he sent me papers once using dhl and they were delivered to my door

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
maybe try the bus station

vintage, i am not sure about santo domingo but when i sent my husband our spanish wedding invitations to give out, we sent them to caribe tours bus station & then my husband picked it up from there.

i believe there is a desk inside in the station (caribe express) that handled all the dhl shipments.

they called as soon as it arrived & it was there in 2 days.

that might be easier to get to than the airport but i don't know santo domingo well so its just a thought

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
i forgot!

you said you are supposed to bring the documents to the interview....

did they set a date for you yet?

dominican_daisy

Apr 18, 2006
Yes...you have to be positive...or it will make you mad.....

I have been in this process for 2 years now and I'm still waiting, however this is round 2 we had to re-apply. It has not been easy for me or my husband but we are still hoping that he will be here by the end of the year!

DD

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
oh thanks anna! too many posts to read sometimes!

congratulations on the interview date vintage!

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
I use FedEx very frequently and never had a problem. I had use American Airlines, but it is a lot more expense. It goes from airport to airport and only the recipient can pick up.

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
Vintage;

We used UPS. They have a location in Santo Domingo. They will call your husband when it arrives. Also if you ever need to fax anything down they are a good location to use.

Good luck on Oct 6th!
Sandy

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008

I have been in this process for 2 years now and I'm still waiting, however this is round 2 we had to re-apply. It has not been easy for me or my husband but we are still hoping that he will be here by the end of the year!

DD

Why did you have to re-apply ???

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
Originally Posted by dominican_daisy

DD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah why did you have to reappy???

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
thanks everybody i am exited even tho im stressed
ups sounds good cause hes in santo domingo

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Okay Dominican Daisy - you have to share with us!!!! :) We are all listening! (reading) :)

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
question about bringing laptop to interview

hi i was wondering,
i read that when you go to the canadian embassy they take your cell phone.

so does anyone know if you can bring your lap top to the interview?

my husband has all of our recent photos on the laptop.
the mp suggested to bring it
now im worried it is not allowed

we have short videos and alot of photos on it because the last time we transferred them the delete photos from camera was checked and we did not realize it till all the pics on the cam dissapeared

thanks

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
My guess would be no. My wife and I went to the American Embassy and were told no camera's, calculators or cell phones. So I suspect no laptops, but don't know. We had to give our stuff to a lady in the street. She held them all for 70 peso's. Thats what she does to make a living.