Question: Is the Dominican Republic Starting To Embrace The Woke Cancel Culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
Lmao This is the classic example of a "wokie" being so easily offended. Changing history is as amusing as your sarcasm. Unemployment lines are for wokies who can't cope.
Difficult to be offended by something you have come to expect, disgusted is more like it. I am for keeping history the way it is, just acknowledging it in its true context. Anything else is dishonesty and shame, IMO

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Difficult to be offended by something you have come to expect, disgusted is more like it. I am for keeping history the way it is, just acknowledging it in its true context. Anything else is dishonesty and shame, IMO
What is disgusting (or comical) is the wokie culture trying to blame people today for what happened hundreds of years ago. The word " systemic" is thrown around like candy. It basically translates to "give me a hand out" I'm lazy and you should feel guilty. Why is it that most employed, hard working and accomplished people are not wokies.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Those worried about about the subject of the title of this thread are representatives a "certain group of individuals" insecure about the current changes of overall world demographics.
Reference is made to "Fear of a Black Planet" by Public Enemy.
No, Republica Dominicana is NOT starting to embrace the woke cancel culture as it is a concept that only resides in minds of those visiting/living from other places. Most of those who are part of the culture of the Dominican Republic have too much day to day life to live and after that they are celebrating making it through another hard day.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
No one is trying to blame anyone today for what happened generations ago, at least not me. Just tell all sides of the story, let people know what happened, good or bad, and move on. I can't see where being enlightened (or woke as you clever folks like to say) makes anyone more or less industrious. Good day to you Mr Biggely

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
No one is trying to blame anyone today for what happened generations ago, at least not me. Just tell all sides of the story, let people know what happened, good or bad, and move on. I can't see where being enlightened (or woke as you clever folks like to say) makes anyone more or less industrious. Good day to you Mr Biggely

We probably have more common ground than either of us think.

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
If it wasn't Columbus it would have been just a matter of time before another country such as England, France, Portugal etc. would of came here and the outcome might have been worse.
Oddly enough, imagine if England got here first. The good thing about the English, is that they did not abandon every place they conquered, thus the British Commonwealth. They set up stronger governments that although tumultuous at times, have stayed in place over the centuries. The Spaniards simply took all they could and then moved on, basically abandoning those lands and using them in times of convenience.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
245073145_4316127298465314_1010857464173942257_n.jpg

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
That's the whole point. This cancel culture doesn't want the history taught or any other side of the story told, only their own.

They want to tear down all the historical monuments to erase the history and cancel every opposing thought to things such as CRT, Vaccines, BLM, Climate Change, Leader of the free world's cognitive ability, the truth about a former candidates bleach-bit e-mails and never ever allow discussion of questionable election results.

No it won't happen in DR because there aren't enough natty-whining types and cross-dressing fakers to organize a movement.
Only in welfare-rich countries where losers are coddled and converted into victims for political fodder can this Woke Crap occur

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Those worried about about the subject of the title of this thread are representatives a "certain group of individuals" insecure about the current changes of overall world demographics.
Reference is made to "Fear of a Black Planet" by Public Enemy.
No, Republica Dominicana is NOT starting to embrace the woke cancel culture as it is a concept that only resides in minds of those visiting/living from other places. Most of those who are part of the culture of the Dominican Republic have too much day to day life to live and after that they are celebrating making it through another hard day.
The only people that are "worried" about the changes are the "underemployed" another wokie buzzword that translates" I am lazy, and you owe me"

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The only people that are "worried" about the changes are the "underemployed" another wokie buzzword that translates" I am lazy, and you owe me"

Totally agree with you but with un/under employment being a big issue in the DR, does that the country could be ripe for the wokie movement? I still don't think so and just like the "Occupy Whatever we don't like" movement of a few years ago, I think it will die a slow death.

Reactions: Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
As a result of what happened 500 years ago we should tear down all statues, burn bibles and pay people to sit on their couch and eat doritos while playing video games. No wonder there is a generation of sloths with doughy abs that believes a big sacrifice is enduring the pain of a neck tattoo.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
As a result of what happened 500 years ago we should tear down all statues, burn bibles and pay people to sit on their couch and eat doritos while playing video games. No wonder there is a generation of sloths with doughy abs that believes a big sacrifice is enduring the pain of a neck tattoo.
Was there anywhere in this conversation where that was said or implied? Maybe with all your resources you can purchase the statues and erect them in your own yard if you like. No one would have the authority or right to do a darn thing about it then. Then maybe take the proceeds and put up an indigenous statue. Got my vote.

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey
Status
Not open for further replies.