Questions for U.S. Armed Forces veterans in the D.R.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Are there any veterans receiving healthcare through the Foreign Medical Program (FMP)?

If so, have you had any issues and/or problems with coverage and/or VA refunds?

Gracias de antemano.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I'm a vet but not subscribed. Not sure what a subscrition would do.
My bad. Wrong choice of words. For this higüeyanito jarto 'e jobo, English has been a not-so-easy subject to master.

But here it is, straight from the official pages:

For eligible Veterans living or traveling abroad, VA offers medical services through the Foreign Medical Program (FMP). Through this program, FMP will pay for health care services, medications, and durable medical equipment for service-connected conditions and conditions associated with and held to be aggravating a service-connected condition. VA may authorize foreign medical services for any condition if you are participating in the VA Vocational Rehabilitation Program (Title 38, U.S. Code, Chapter 31).

So, are there any US. Armed Forces veterans aquí en DR1 receiving health care services through the Foreign Medical Program (FMP)?
If so, could you tell me about it? Help a fellow human, folks.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
OP you did see all of the restrictions and qualifications one needs tp get approval for dollar #1. didn't you? The devil is in the details.

Reactions: Lucifer
Jan 9, 2004
I'm a vet but not subscribed. Not sure what a subscrition would do.
Very little if you do not have a service connected disability.

While they have wide latitude as to what they (FMP's) can treat............it must somehow be connected to or equated with that disability....thus it is limited in scope.

FMP's are not a substitute for a health insurance plan, but they are a way to get treatment for those who became disabled in whole or in part while in military service.

The late CCCCCCccccccc and I had numerous discussions regarding this very issue.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: Lucifer