Quickbooks help

Aug 21, 2007
I need help!!!! We are changing accountants and the new accountant wants all my transactions to be electronic. I bought quickbooks online, hoping I could accomplish this. And I now see that I am completely overwhelmed. Seems like they want you to link your bank accounts, but there are only 2 DR banks available to link to......and Banco Santa Cruz is not one of them. There is a way to do everything manually, but I cannot seem to figure it out.

I have looked at the tutorials, but still am confused.

Is there anyone on the North Coast who works with Quickbooks online and could help me get started?

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
It looks like that your new accountant wants you to do his job but still likes to get paid. Tell him to take care of this or find anoyher one that will.
With accountans it is like with anybody else here ! They do to you what you allow them to do.

Aug 21, 2007
Actually this accountant does the accounting for two of our directors who have larger businesses. She is agreeing to work for us gratis. Thus, I am willing to tackle this learning curve because it will save Strength for the Journey $24,000 each year- funds that can go into programming.

I know well that recording transactions online in a small Pueblo where most at businesses are informal and un registered is a difficult task.

But in respect to my donors, if I can save in administration expenses I will do and learn what is necessary.

Thus I need someone to help me to learn QuickBooks.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I thought that if the bank is not "connected/listed" with Quick Books you could download your bank transactions to a file, then upload that to Quick Books? Is this what you are trying to do?

Reactions: JD Jones
Aug 21, 2007
I thought that if the bank is not "connected/listed" with Quick Books you could download your bank transactions to a file, then upload that to Quick Books? Is this what you are trying to do?
Yes. But because of several detailed processes the bank is waiting for I do not have access to online banking.

For a non profit, they want your statutes, your yearly accounting, and your meeting minutes. And every document must be legalized and on record with taxes
Paid to the ayuntamiento.

Until we complete this process they will not give me access to my dollar and peso account online.

I am told that Banco Santa Cruz is one of the worst banks for requiring petty details.

I am also told that the requirements are more detailed for us because 3 of our board members are not Dominican.

Any person who does not have strong determination and patience in this country cannot survive these processes.

I chalk it up for a lesson in patience. Otherwise it would do me in.

Reactions: keepcoming

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
There are tons of accountants out there who are very good at QB. Hire one as a consultant for a month or two and you'll be up and running in no time

Reactions: Manuel01