"Quisqueyanos" and education

Tvagyok!

New member
Jan 27, 2005
30
0
0
Aloha!
It interests me to read the posts on several of these threads, since I realize that my Quisqueyano brothers and sisters express themselves in a way that indicates their wealth of intelligence. I consider this to be a very good thing, since I have been brought up as a person who likes to learn and explore. This is mainly the case when it comes to foreign languages which is a study that I fancy. Spanish is the family language, and the one that traces my ethnicity, and English is the one that is learned from schooling for communication in this American land. I may speak these, but I like studying others, mainly ones related to these two, such as Italian, Romanian, Portuguese to Spanish, and ones like German and Dutch to English. Even though I have never been to these lands, I find these tongues of interest to me, and I do hope to visit these places someday.
As far as my Dominican paisanos, it gives me pride when I hear of them in high professions and also as good people setting a good example for the old country. My family and relatives have been an example of good and hard-working
Dominicans, especially with my brother in a profession
of being an attorney.
And as far as racial differences among the Quisqueyanos, I feel that if we as a people, light-skin, dark and other (both light and dark exist in my family, with me as an example of the light, and now there's other with an American-born Korean-Dominican nephew and niece that I have) give a good name for our background nationality, then that is what the U.S. and the rest of the world will see, a hard-working people who embrace the world. It's good to hear when a supermarket or any major business in the U.S. succeeds when it is run by the fellow Dominicans.
So if we are all black to the world, so be it! Blacks are part of the Lord's beautiful creation. If they call us Haitians, I thank them! For I believe that as long as I am a good person, and also that I am loved by God, my great father, and always live to do his will, the world matters not to me.
If the the D.R. puts God first, the land and people will advance.
Well, I know I have said much, but I wanted to communicate certain things to ye.

Peace and sunshine!
 
Last edited:

Tvagyok!

New member
Jan 27, 2005
30
0
0
About my name "Tvagyok!"

Aloha again,
I mentioned that I like studying languages from abroad, but I forgot to mention that my username "Tvagyok!" consists of T, the initial of my nickname Tony, and "vagyok!" means "I am" in the Hungarian language.
So "T I am! (or I am T!)", as in that great Dr. Seuss book,"Green Eggs and Ham" where the man says "I am Sam, Sam I am!"
 

Tvagyok!

New member
Jan 27, 2005
30
0
0
In reference to "Quisqueyanos"...

Hi,
I mentioned before that I don't care how the world views Dominicans as far as their complexion. Thinking about this, a song that my mother sings sometimes comes to mind, and it goes, "Pintor, por que miras el color, si sabes que en el cielo, tambien los quiere Dios", and it also says "Pintame angelitos negros." So this refers to people who only think of light-colored angels, and should know that God shows no partially to the color. So people who make religious paintings should also be impartial and paint humans of all races.
 
Last edited:

windrifter

New member
Dec 29, 2004
67
0
0
saludos

Tvagyok! said:
Aloha again,
I mentioned that I like studying languages from abroad, but I forgot to mention that my username "Tvagyok!" consists of T, the initial of my nickname Tony, and "vagyok!" means "I am" in the Hungarian language.
So "T I am! (or I am T!)", as in that great Dr. Seuss book,"Green Eggs and Ham" where the man says "I am Sam, Sam I am!"
And more power to you and any other like thinking person. Well said!!

Elizabeth :)
 

windrifter

New member
Dec 29, 2004
67
0
0
Saludos

Tvagyok! said:
Hi,
I mentioned before that I don't care how the world views Dominicans as far as their complexion. Thinking about this, a song that my mother sings sometimes comes to mind, and it goes, "Pintor, por que miras el color, si sabes que en el cielo, tambien los quiere Dios", and it also says "Pintame angelitos negros." So this refers to people who only think of light-colored angels, and should know that God shows no partially to the color. So people who make religious paintings should also be impartial and paint humans of all races.
And more power to you and any other like thinking persons . Well said!!
Elizabeth
 

Marianopolita

Moderator Spanish Forum// Ahí na’ma
Dec 26, 2003
4,092
227
63
Tvagyok....

So what exactly is the point of this thread?

Is there a topic of discussion embedded somewhere in your first post?
 
Last edited:

Creativethouhts

New member
Apr 25, 2005
5
0
0
que cool do u kno arabic i am trying to learn arabic




Tvagyok! said:
Aloha again,
I mentioned that I like studying languages from abroad, but I forgot to mention that my username "Tvagyok!" consists of T, the initial of my nickname Tony, and "vagyok!" means "I am" in the Hungarian language.
So "T I am! (or I am T!)", as in that great Dr. Seuss book,"Green Eggs and Ham" where the man says "I am Sam, Sam I am!"
 

hugh

New member
Apr 24, 2005
44
0
0
Well, my grandfather and father were born and raised in Santo Domingo. Both studied abroad at Columbia University. I, the 'rebel' of the family, chose to study at Northeastern University in Boston. Nevertheless, my Dominican side has always encouraged and demanded only the best education for their children.

Cheers,

Hugh
 

angela-in-nj

New member
May 1, 2005
14
0
0
53
hugh said:
Well, my grandfather and father were born and raised in Santo Domingo. Both studied abroad at Columbia University. I, the 'rebel' of the family, chose to study at Northeastern University in Boston. Nevertheless, my Dominican side has always encouraged and demanded only the best education for their children.

Cheers,

Hugh
Hi Everyone!!
This website is so cool, i love languages i just haven't had the chance to practice my french but i love all romance languages. Of course learning languages comes natural to some people. i come from a humble family in the Cibao Region, many of us have a love for learning..... and dancing our beautiful dominican music.
 

Lovelylocs

New member
Mar 4, 2005
56
0
0
Tvagyok...

That was a very nice post. It was refreshing to read smthg so embacing on this site for a change. ;)
 

daddy1

New member
Feb 27, 2004
350
0
0
This is Exactly the Fustratration as A Dominican - American

tvag... this is why I get real fustrated, because I know that our mother country has talented beyond what they show the world as a whole, in everything different sports; I mean we are a no show in the olympics, learning languages, teaching, do you know how many caucasian Americans and afro American's envy me and my wife because I am of darker skin and she is of light skin and they look at us like we got jungle fever, because seeing a culture with dark and light complection as one is an amazing benefit, we are blessed with so much deversity, and our range as a culture is
large to say the least, but our parent's generation which is still in power, and has the country hostage, won't let those poor souls in the island show the world what a Dominican is capable of if given structure, jobs and above all else the educational institutions that they deserve, we haven't reached our potention as a united culture yet but we will someday,
 

Dragonfly32837

New member
May 31, 2005
1,489
20
0
Tvagyok! said:
Aloha!
It interests me to read the posts on several of these threads, since I realize that my Quisqueyano brothers and sisters express themselves in a way that indicates their wealth of intelligence. I consider this to be a very good thing, since I have been brought up as a person who likes to learn and explore. This is mainly the case when it comes to foreign languages which is a study that I fancy. Spanish is the family language, and the one that traces my ethnicity, and English is the one that is learned from schooling for communication in this American land. I may speak these, but I like studying others, mainly ones related to these two, such as Italian, Romanian, Portuguese to Spanish, and ones like German and Dutch to English. Even though I have never been to these lands, I find these tongues of interest to me, and I do hope to visit these places someday.
As far as my Dominican paisanos, it gives me pride when I hear of them in high professions and also as good people setting a good example for the old country. My family and relatives have been an example of good and hard-working
Dominicans, especially with my brother in a profession
of being an attorney.
And as far as racial differences among the Quisqueyanos, I feel that if we as a people, light-skin, dark and other (both light and dark exist in my family, with me as an example of the light, and now there's other with an American-born Korean-Dominican nephew and niece that I have) give a good name for our background nationality, then that is what the U.S. and the rest of the world will see, a hard-working people who embrace the world. It's good to hear when a supermarket or any major business in the U.S. succeeds when it is run by the fellow Dominicans.
So if we are all black to the world, so be it! Blacks are part of the Lord's beautiful creation. If they call us Haitians, I thank them! For I believe that as long as I am a good person, and also that I am loved by God, my great father, and always live to do his will, the world matters not to me.
If the the D.R. puts God first, the land and people will advance.
Well, I know I have said much, but I wanted to communicate certain things to ye.

Peace and sunshine!
Very well said.