Ramfis Domínguez Trujillo: Next President of Dominican Republic?

Should Ramfis Domínguez Trujillo be allowed to run for the presidency in 2020?

• Yes, he's a Dominican and isn't responsible for the things his grandfather did.

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • Yes, but I'm not too comfortable having him as president.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • No, he's a Trujillo. 'Nuff said!

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Whatever... I'm indifferent.

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Can anybody tell me why Ramfis doesn't appear in any of the Presidential polls that have been published? Has he officially declared?

I can tell you that almost every Dominican we know or are related to in the USA says they're going to vote for Ramfis. Except our shipping/mundanza guy. He's still a Hipolito guy. :)

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Can anybody tell me why Ramfis doesn't appear in any of the Presidential polls that have been published? Has he officially declared?

I can tell you that almost every Dominican we know or are related to in the USA says they're going to vote for Ramfis. Except our shipping/mundanza guy. He's still a Hipolito guy. :)

Because He win in all, and still they are talking about if he has the rights to be a candidate for Presidential elections.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Because He win in all, and still they are talking about if he has the rights to be a candidate for Presidential elections.

I thought that was settled. Didn't they say that at least one former Dominican president [Leonel? Hipolito? I can't remember] was also a dual Dominican-USA citizen?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I thought that was settled. Didn't they say that at least one former Dominican president [Leonel? Hipolito? I can't remember] was also a dual Dominican-USA citizen?

No, they are still talking about it, Ramfis said he will talk about it when the moment comes. The one you mean is Leonel Fernandez but nothing proof yet about it.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

Ramfis mostly appears in open polls, not closed ones.

In case anyone doesn´t know the difference, an open poll consist of a question but the answer depends completely on the participant. A closed poll, which are the ones on DR1, consist of a question and gives a limited number of answers for the participant to choose from.

Sep 20, 2003
If he is allowed to run, and something like another financial crisis occurs, Ramfis could win. Early poll numbers mean nothing. Without some kind of crisis, I doubt nostalgia for El Jefe (such as it is) would be enough to propel him into office.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I don't think it will be any nostalgia for his grandfather that will get him elected. Dominicans are tired of the same "old guard" politicians and want change - something new. Ramfis is a "fresh face". He's got a certain charisma that the old guard doesn't have. They're afraid of him because they know he can win.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I don't think it will be any nostalgia for his grandfather that will get him elected. Dominicans are tired of the same "old guard" politicians and want change - something new. Ramfis is a "fresh face". He's got a certain charisma that the old guard doesn't have. They're afraid of him because they know he can win.

I agree with you.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris

Agree

Island Dragon

Feb 2, 2019

Yeah, I agree but I think if another politicians appear and do the same of be a "fresh face" I may be similar.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
The DR needs a major change. I hope he wins.

Island Dragon

Feb 2, 2019

You can give me a poll of those?

Jan 3, 2003
VIVA TRUJILLO

Hope he wins and begins a total extermination of all those street thugs and trash that think they can kill and murder innocent working class men and women and those of means without serious consequences. We need to return the DR to a more gentler, safer time. As Elder Trujillo El Generalissimo said,"EL BIEN SE IMPONE!!!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
VIVA TRUJILLO

Hope he wins and begins a total extermination of all those street thugs and trash that think they can kill and murder innocent working class men and women and those of means without serious consequences. We need to return the DR to a more gentler, safer time. As Elder Trujillo El Generalissimo said,"EL BIEN SE IMPONE!!!

I agree. Far too much catch and release going on.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
VIVA TRUJILLO

What is your wish for the PLD politicos?

Borron y cuenta nueva?

JJ

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Ramfis is still active. Yesterday he was interviewed by José Peguero. He claims that the people see him as a savior.

[video=youtube;jiS3hmLj44M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiS3hmLj44M[/video]

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
For the record and as has been reported in DR1 Daily News previously, Ramfis Dominguez Trujillo is not eligible to run for President or Vice President of the Dominican Republic according to the 2015 Dominican Constitution (Art. 20). As in the case of President Danilo Medina, a constitutional amendment would be needed for him to be allowed to run. Contrary to President Medina whose political party has majority in Congress, Domínguez is not known to have anywhere the legislative votes needed to make the amendment.

Art. 20 establishes, as per the English translation by Fabio Guzman Ariza:
"Dominicans who adopt another nationality, voluntarily or by place of birth, can run for election as President and Vice President of the Dominican Republic, provided taht they relinquish their foreign nationality ten years before the election and reside in the country for ten consecutive years before taking office."

jenmar237

Aug 8, 2017
For the record and as has been reported in DR1 Daily News previously, Ramfis Dominguez Trujillo is not eligible to run for President or Vice President of the Dominican Republic according to the 2015 Dominican Constitution (Art. 20). As in the case of President Danilo Medina, a constitutional amendment would be needed for him to be allowed to run. Contrary to President Medina whose political party has majority in Congress, Domínguez is not known to have anywhere the legislative votes needed to make the amendment.

Art. 20 establishes, as per the English translation by Fabio Guzman Ariza:
"Dominicans who adopt another nationality, voluntarily or by place of birth, can run for election as President and Vice President of the Dominican Republic, provided taht they relinquish their foreign nationality ten years before the election and reside in the country for ten consecutive years before taking office."

Mija, let it go. If you need to refresh your memory, check out the response a few pages back in this thread that I provided to you regarding Art. 20 last year. That hasn't changed, and regarding the amendment needed, well, it's obvious that you haven't been made aware of the legitimate angle that will be used by Ramfis to dispute it. I'll leave it at that as I am not at liberty to reveal those details. But keep on dreaming that he won't run.