Ranch for sale in Cabrera

Rancho Para?so

Jul 18, 2013
I certainly understand your point, but considering that we pay around $350usd per month for the land, it works out just fine to rent, at least for us. I also don't have the expense of maintaining the land, as the owner takes care of this. But also keep in mind that doing it the way that you mention requires a hefty investment in land, horses, gear, etc. Not to mention the time it will take to develop that customer base, and in the meantime paying employees to maintain the property, etc, while probably doing very few tours.

So again, I think you can see the value in buying something that has a proven track record and is turn-key. But, as with anything else, "there's more than one way to skin a cat", and I suppose your way could eventually work as well.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I certainly understand your point, but considering that we pay around $350usd per month for the land....

Or, an alternative, I will sell my 25 acre ranch with ocean views for a cool million+ and throw in the horseback riding operation! Folks...don't be silly. Renting land in Cabrera is dirt cheap (much cheaper than buying), maintaining Dominican horses is dead simple and pretty easy and with Hotel La Catalina and all these fancy villas...business, she be a boomin'.

Believe me, if Rancho Paraiso could handle the effort of time he'd be keeping it because it's profitable. But his restaurant, which I also frequent way much, is even more successful. A key to being successful is knowing what to concentrate on and what not to...

I can't believe anyone but a knucklehead could lose money on this business. It's a great deal if you have the same "service-oriented" mindset that Rancho does. It works beautifully.

BTW, "Rancho" the guests raved about the last trip (a few days ago) and already posted a TripAdvisor review. You are awesome!