RD$5,000 fine for driving during curfew

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I haven't personally tried, but the people who operate my hotel have been trying for months and they say that the department that issues the permissions is not issuing any more. At least not in Santo Domingo. Maybe its a different story for the AI's, most things seem to be a different story for them.

You need to be more hands on.
Empirical evidence is mandatory if you wish to succeed.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Obtaining permissions for hotel staff, should have been done already. Actually, a long time ago.
Contractors are a different story, as those steps should have been taken/applied for by them.
Of course with new restrictions, there will be a flood of persons NOW trying to obtain them, so delays in the process should be expected.
Sounds like a great way for someone (in a country notorious for fraud) to make a small windfall.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Sounds like a great way for someone (in a country notorious for fraud) to make a small windfall.

It's really not that hard of a problem at all.
Taxi drivers and food delivery personnel (motoconchos) have them.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Looks like DR is being like North Korea, maybe? Demanding too much while going after people's money and lives? They're broke due to COVID. Maybe Louis Abinader is not right president because of this hot mess. That is other reason I will not come down unless they remove the curfew and restrictions since it's killing the country with it.
Yes, better to stay where you are if you don't like Dominican rules. We are only guests here, so if we want to be here we should accept them.

Reactions: scot_tosh

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
No, the permission is personal. If the police stop a vehicle and the driver has permission but the passengers don't, they fine the passengers.
Are you speaking from personal experience? Because that has not been my personal experience.

I have been transported by several uber drivers and taxis that have permission to operate outside of the "toca de queda" without a problem.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Could you kindly give me the address of this website? I need a permit for my watchman.

the website I use is for my truck drivers which is the Intrant.gob.do website but the link for those permissions has been taken down.

Those permits are individual and have the drivers name on it. I had to buy one for each driver.

Taxi/uber drivers must have a permit, but passengers? Imagine trying to enforce that..

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Are you speaking from personal experience? Because that has not been my personal experience.

I have been transported by several uber drivers and taxis that have permission to operate outside of the "toca de queda" without a problem.

Most taxi/uber drivers worth their salt have the permissions already, and those passengers that may be traveling with them within the closedown hours (aside from airport journeys) are well schooled in the phrase.......
"Disculpe, pero solo voy/regreso de la Clínica ___________ (fill in the blank) por problemas de estómago. Creo que tengo una ameba. Ufffffff."

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Obtaining permissions for hotel staff, should have been done already. Actually, a long time ago.
Contractors are a different story, as those steps should have been taken/applied for by them.
Of course with new restrictions, there will be a flood of persons NOW trying to obtain them, so delays in the process should be expected.

OK, as you seem to want to attack everything I post, let me explain. I own the building, I don't employ the staff who work in the hotel. They work for a different company which took over in October. From October this company has been trying to get permissions for their staff and have been unable to. I personally don't have any staff but I do have contractors as I am responsible for the building, and my contractors are also unable / unwilling to come because of the lack of permissions. It's fine for you to sit there and say these permissions should have been obtained months ago, but this presupposes that you have exactly the same staff now that you had in March when the pandemic started.

So, given the circumstances, please explain what you would do to solve the problem.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Looks like DR is being like North Korea, maybe? Demanding too much while going after people's money and lives? They're broke due to COVID. Maybe Louis Abinader is not right president because of this hot mess. That is other reason I will not come down unless they remove the curfew and restrictions since it's killing the country with it.
Still better off than in CUBA right now.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
OK, as you seem to want to attack everything I post, let me explain. I own the building, I don't employ the staff who work in the hotel. They work for a different company which took over in October. From October this company has been trying to get permissions for their staff and have been unable to. I personally don't have any staff but I do have contractors as I am responsible for the building, and my contractors are also unable / unwilling to come because of the lack of permissions. It's fine for you to sit there and say these permissions should have been obtained months ago, but this presupposes that you have exactly the same staff now that you had in March when the pandemic started.

So, given the circumstances, please explain what you would do to solve the problem.

So, in other words, you are full of shit with all of your postings of being a hotel owner? :poop::poop::poop:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Just my point, they are no longer giving out new permissions.
I'm not sure that is the correct link for personal use. It is used for Transportation companies and I'd guess anyone who was going to ask for one did it long ago.
There is a link for employees/personal use but I'm having trouble tracking it down.
I'll let you know when I find it.

Here is the link TP...

And if that one doesn't work:

Last edited: