ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
FYI - I was able to get a $30 per tire price from Atlanta for shipping
the tires to STI 21-28 day arrival.

Thanks.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
If your really wanting great tire prices go to your local Ford Dealer no matter your make of car...When I worked for Ford, we always had the tire program in full swing Year round, and it still goes on today..Get your tire size, whatever brand your wanting and give their parts dept a call..If they are truly on the program and NOT buying from a local wholesaler, their prices cannot be beat!! Matter of fact, I'll give it a test run for you...Somebody post their tire info and I will make a call to my former dealer this way I am positive its a program tire...

See, Ford gives their dealers incentives in 2 ways when a dealer uses their program. 1 they receive an additional kick back directly to the dealer princeable 2 the parts dept builds pipp credits. what that is, its a parts protection program for idle capital in a parts dept. Depending on their level of idle parts, they receive a certain amount of a percentage of their purchases to return parts back to Ford. My dept was under 10% idle capital, so I was able to flip this either way. Meaning, I could choose to take more of a discount on our purchases or take more of a return percentage so we could return more parts if necessary. Any dealer that is not doing this program is penny wise and pound foolish!

All that said, you should be able to get the best price from any given dealer if they are doing this program...If you want to make the call on your own, do so..Get a parts dude on the line and ask if they participate in the tire program. If yes, fire away, see what they have with price. And again, its for any make & model, but most dealers will be stocking GoodYear. However, there is also a great twist..As a dealer, they can also call a local wholesaler and put the tire(s) through the program via that wholesaler. Reason? Customer Service! Ford realizes that you cannot stock every tire possible, so using a wholesaler to supply their demand was a great idea and since its through the program, you can be sure to get that same low price no matter what unless the Parts Manager is being greedy and puts that discount to his/her discount earned to enhance their commissions...

Anyways, give it a try and I would compare prices to TireRack, they have always been a great priced provider..

Ant

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
FYI - I was able to get a $30 per tire price from Atlanta for shipping
the tires to STI 21-28 day arrival.

Thanks.

Nice work..... that's about right for timing, this time of year.

My fastest deliveries are in January.... docks must be slower after the holidays.
The normal 3 weeks is about 2 weeks.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
my tires arrived today.... 2 weeks for the shipment !!!
Arrived Awilda Dec 3 or 4

Fastest ever... Christmas too - go figure.

If any of you have never used a mudanza.... you don't know what you're missing

Merry Christmas

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Exactly - - tires are perishable, and they are also sensitive to the elements. They are often stored and/or displayed in the tropical sun in Villa Juana and the 17. The are sometimes purchased in closeout lots at cut rate prices by dealers who then resell them at obscene markups. I think it's OK to buy 2nd quality tires but you should not pay top dollar and you should compensate by replacing them more often

Did you check the manufacturing date on them before you bought them?

sgtjosephmiller

Jan 7, 2012
just brought some used Michelin cross terrains 245 65 17 in excellent condtion from a guy who owned a 2006 acura mdx and was lloking to up grade his own rims/tires.each of those tires new cost around 9,000 pesos here in de/Santiago,payed 8,000 pesos,190 bucks for all 4.the tires were only had about 20,000 miles on them,the guy travels sparing into dr.think I made off.look at the reviews online on the tire and there great.no reason to send tires,just shop around a bit or on dr fb sites or corotos.com