Re: U.S. Social Security Administration: Is this a phishing attempt or real?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I did just recently renew my passport. Kinda hard to do that without using the DOMEX/Embassy connection.;)
Not if you go to the Passport office in Miami. You can renew it the same or next day with an appointment. Only one of two in the US..............I have been using this office even before I was here. Much easier and no waiting...........

Reactions: Big

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I guess that would be easier if you're already IN Miami. A friend of mine in Boca Raton had to renew his passport earlier this year and he said you could no longer do that(?). He had to wait a long time to get his new passport.

It's pretty easy to renew your passport with Domex. Takes about 3 weeks. No problem with SSA as a result of renewing with Domex though.

Reactions: windeguy

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I guess that would be easier if you're already IN Miami. A friend of mine in Boca Raton had to renew his passport earlier this year and he said you could no longer do that(?). He had to wait a long time to get his new passport.

It's pretty easy to renew your passport with Domex. Takes about 3 weeks. No problem with SSA as a result of renewing with Domex though.
They are up and running. Link below will explain the procedure.................Don't forget they make the passports there..............

Can you get a one day passport in Miami?

Get Your Passport Today! Passports and Visas.com's Miami office assists travelers obtain passports in Miami expedited as fast as 24 hours / Same Day. Passports and Visas.com is a private company authorized by the US Passport Agency to expedite the process of acquiring Miami passports in as fast as 24 hours.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Disregard the last part. That is an office that does the same thing you can do yourself. If you do some research you will find reviews about this place...............

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Disregard the last part. That is an office that does the same thing you can do yourself. If you do some research you will find reviews about this place...............
I guess my friend was given bad info then(?). I used to live in Miami. I know exactly which building you're talking about. I've gone there and renewed my passport in one day, but that was years ago.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
They are up and running. Link below will explain the procedure.................Don't forget they make the passports there..............

Get Your Passport Today! Passports and Visas.com's Miami office assists travelers obtain passports in Miami expedited as fast as 24 hours / Same Day. Passports and Visas.com is a private company authorized by the US Passport Agency to expedite the process of acquiring Miami passports in as fast as 24 hours.
Same thing in Washington D.C

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

I bet the embassy prefers folks use them instead of trying to do it themselves.

Messenger walks in every day with a stack of applications, has a quick hello and coffee with the employees, and out the door.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I bet the embassy prefers folks use them instead of trying to do it themselves.

Messenger walks in every day with a stack of applications, has a quick hello and coffee with the employees, and out the door.
I have went there at 8 AM and got my passport at 4:30 PM same day. But you need to do two things first. If you want I can explain it all to you. You can PM me...........

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I have went there at 8 AM and got my passport at 4:30 PM same day. But you need to do two things first. If you want I can explain it all to you. You can PM me...........
Thanks Sky. I did mine the last time with DOMEX and it was a piece of cake. The messenger knows me by name. LOL

Reactions: SKY

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not if you go to the Passport office in Miami. You can renew it the same or next day with an appointment. Only one of two in the US..............I have been using this office even before I was here. Much easier and no waiting...........
OK. Good to know But I have no other reason to go to the US and especially not Miami at this time. So I just renewed here in case I need to go out of the DR.
Will that be a clue to the SS Admin? Only time will tell if the cat is already out of the bag.