Read this Book! It's a must for Newbies!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Where are all of you finding this book? I've looked for it for a couple of years now, without any luck. Today I found one copy on Amazon for $99.00!:ermm:
Nothing on Ebay, nothing on Half.com.

Ginnie, do you have some copies squirreled away that are for sale???

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
Grace, you can have my copy. Im still in Jersey for a couple weeks and can send it down to South Jersey (is that an international postal rate, jeje, inside Jersey joke about folks from S. Jersey). But if you are in S. DR, then I dont know, you could come up to N DR for a nice weekend and I'll hand deliver in a couple weeks?

BTW, I'm the one who delivered the hair beads to JD under a different screen name.

Reactions: AlterEgo

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Grace, you can have my copy. Im still in Jersey for a couple weeks and can send it down to South Jersey (is that an international postal rate, jeje, inside Jersey joke about folks from S. Jersey). But if you are in S. DR, then I dont know, you could come up to N DR for a nice weekend and I'll hand deliver in a couple weeks?

BTW, I'm the one who delivered the hair beads to JD under a different screen name.

Ah you are the BEST! I'm currently freezing in NJ, I'll PM you my address!

AE

Miko

May 23, 2003
is this an auction?

just checked into Amazon.ca,
gees, this book in used version is now $188.11 !!!????
I must be in the wrong business :ermm:

Miko

May 23, 2003
since I am in Canada right now, thought amazon.ca would be faster and less problems with customs

aross

Nov 15, 2007
since I am in Canada right now, thought amazon.ca would be faster and less problems with customs

When I purchased my copy I was in Canada. It was 2 years ago so my memory is a little fuzzy but I seem to recall I purchased it through the DR1 Bookstore and it came to me from the States and there was no customs or delivery problems at all.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
my copy went missing - some people are desperate for this book. If anyone finds my copy please return it lol - it has a special dedication from Ms Lamboona

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

I've bought books from the DR1 bookstore [Aunt Clara's Dominican Cookbook is the best!] and they were shipped to me from the US. Should be no Canadian problems.

AE

Calmclam

Mar 29, 2005
Reality check on price!

Just stumbled across this thread and am anxious to read the book.
So, just for "fun" I looked for the book on Amazon.com - ONE USED COPY FOR ...$99.29 Quite a difference from the dr1 bookstore at $29.98. Must have become a collector's item.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
mine came last year from Puerto Plata, extremely reliable and quick delivery, couldn't have asked for mor for the bucks.
hey CalmClam,
$99.29.- per copy??
wow, that sounds like in a few years i can sell it away and purchase with the made bucks a new Boat, lol.
watch out for Ginnie's new book coming out this september,
guess i will store right away 50 copies down here, better than the money on the bank, ha ha
cheers
Mike