Ready made empanada dough?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i never said anything about baking. bronzeallspice did. drop her a PM and ask for recipes. i'm actually contemplating getting those dough pieces now for mini apple pies. baked would be better, no?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
i never said anything about baking. bronzeallspice did. drop her a PM and ask for recipes. i'm actually contemplating getting those dough pieces now for mini apple pies. baked would be better, no?

If you prefer them baked.I've made them both ways.Both are delicious!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yes, I've baked them too, but something is lost in the taste along with the calories. You can brush them with an egg wash before you bake them if you want them looking nicer :)

I never thought about filling them with fruit until I saw this thread, now those would be good baked!!

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
NotLurking.....

Would these disks be keep in the freezer? I can't seem to find them at Super Pola? It would be so much easier than making my own dough. Thanks
Yes the are kept in the freezer. If my wife makes some of these later today, I'll take picture before and after she fries them, so you'll have more motivation of rummaging through your supermarket's frozen food section :p :D

NotLurking

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Since we are in a cooking/eating mood,here's a quick recipe.Buy a can of Pillsbury biscuits and
separate the individual biscuits.Using a knife carve small hole in the center or you can use a
cap from a bottle.Remove the center piece,and fry the holes in hot oil.Drain on paper towels
Mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a paper bag or bowl.Put them in the sugar
mixture until well coated and Voila! Instant donuts.These are addictive!

I know this recipe is not for empanadas but it's from ready made dough.:)

Chennifer

Oct 18, 2008
Moves to the D.R this summer
omg donuts!!! bronzeallspice I think I might flood your inbox asking for recipes!!! I have a weird addiction to donuts (weird since they don't really make them here, but I always knew that I would love them, and oh boy did I ever)

ah yes dv8 - in Buenos Aires they had all kinds of dessert empanadas and I regret not trying them all!!!

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
omg donuts!!! bronzeallspice I think I might flood your inbox asking for recipes!!! I have a weird addiction to donuts (weird since they don't really make them here, but I always knew that I would love them, and oh boy did I ever)

ah yes dv8 - in Buenos Aires they had all kinds of dessert empanadas and I regret not trying them all!!!

Ask away!:)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Since we are in a cooking/eating mood,here's a quick recipe.Buy a can of Pillsbury biscuits and
separate the individual biscuits.Using a knife carve small hole in the center or you can use a
cap from a bottle.Remove the center piece,and fry the holes in hot oil.Drain on paper towels
Mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a paper bag or bowl.Put them in the sugar
mixture until well coated and Voila! Instant donuts.These are addictive!

I know this recipe is not for empanadas but it's from ready made dough.:)

Wow, these sound like zeppoles!

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012

I made these donuts for my co workers some years back and they were asking me for the recipe.
When I mentioned I made them from Pillsbury biscuits they could not believe it.They said they tasted
homemade.

devdev

May 14, 2011
what kind of cheese? white sugar? how much of each goes in? they sound good!!
bronzeallspice, I love making dessert empanadas! When I was younger mi abuela used to make empanadas with cheese and sugar - delicious! I'm doing happy dance now that I knw I'll be able to make them without the hassle of actually making the masa!

devdev

May 14, 2011
does anyone know how to come close to making the chicken filling?? also, how much oil do I need to fry them? do they have to be covered in oil? can I use a frying pan? so to make an empanada u just fill it, fold, press edges down with a fork..? do u need to put egg white around the edge to seal it?