Really bad experience on my way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
:You got set up for sure. who knows maybe while the one group was kicking your ass they took your keys back to the house and tried to clean you out. Maybe they sold you to the other group for a kidnapping and they lost their nerve could be alot of what ifs.
Something is wrong in Mayberry.

Count yourself lucky that you arent dead. If someone was going to kill you they probably would have done it last night. Has your chica called you? She probably set you up.
You may want to think back through the steps that led you to your current situation. Somewhere you took a wrong turn.
Use this as a learning experience
A. dont be out drinking if you are not in your safety zone.
B. always have minutes. Your phone is a lifeline.
c. Be choosy of invitations to drink with new friends.

bummer for you man.

The guy who started this thread(Smart, LOL his name is really ironic), has said that he is thinking of going home. You know what? If I were him, I would stay. There are two reasons I say this. First, what happened to him can happen in any city on Earth. Do you people honestly think it would have been any different in Los Angeles? Miami? NYC? Detroit? Naw, if you're out drunk after midnight in any of these places, you set yourself up for the same situation.

Going home won't save you Smart(LOL your name). If I were you, I would stay in the DR, heal up, learn my lesson, and vow never to repeat it. By the way, the Dominican taxi cab driver who refused to pick you up is an extremely smart dude. If I were him, and I saw you all bloodied up, I would have drove off to. No offense, but that Dominican taxi cab driver is bright. Taxi cab drivers(at least in the U.S.), have one of the most dangerous jobs next to convenience store workers. He would have had to have been a complete moron to stop and pick you up. If I were you, I would stay in the DR, even after that incident.

I will go further and say this, if you go back home, to Europe, the USA, Canada, or wherever you're from, with your tail between your legs, then you are a sissy who should have never come to the DR in the first place. Last night, you went to school, it is called the School of Hard Knocks. You can either learn from it, and graduate, or run back home(where if you keep drinking after dark you will eventually end up in the same situation anyways, maybe worse). Just words of wisdom.

Dec 26, 2011
I will go further and say this, if you go back home, to Europe, the USA, Canada, or wherever you're from, with your tail between your legs, then you are a sissy who should have never come to the DR in the first place.

Looks like you found the testosterone you were looking to score.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
The guy who started this thread(Smart, LOL his name is really ironic), has said that he is thinking of going home. You know what? If I were him, I would stay. There are two reasons I say this. First, what happened to him can happen in any city on Earth. Do you people honestly think it would have been any different in Los Angeles? Miami? NYC? Detroit? Naw, if you're out drunk after midnight in any of these places, you set yourself up for the same situation.

Going home won't save you Smart(LOL your name). If I were you, I would stay in the DR, heal up, learn my lesson, and vow never to repeat it. By the way, the Dominican taxi cab driver who refused to pick you up is an extremely smart dude. If I were him, and I saw you all bloodied up, I would have drove off to. No offense, but that Dominican taxi cab driver is bright. Taxi cab drivers(at least in the U.S.), have one of the most dangerous jobs next to convenience store workers. He would have had to have been a complete moron to stop and pick you up. If I were you, I would stay in the DR, even after that incident.

I will go further and say this, if you go back home, to Europe, the USA, Canada, or wherever you're from, with your tail between your legs, then you are a sissy who should have never come to the DR in the first place. Last night, you went to school, it is called the School of Hard Knocks. You can either learn from it, and graduate, or run back home(where if you keep drinking after dark you will eventually end up in the same situation anyways, maybe worse). Just words of wisdom.

EXACTLY Now you know why the DR can never be home to JMB773. A man is in need of help and instead of stopping and trying to see how bad he is hurt, your first reaction is to drive off. What a Country!!!

I can't tell how many times some "knuckle head" got into a fight outside of a club and ended all bloody but someone ALWAYS helped them.

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
Bottom line. YOU learned the hard way. I'll bet that you will change your ways IF you stay here. Get "Smart".
Agreed; if I were him I would stay. See, a lot of these guys who move down to the DR are, for lack of a better term, White suburbanites who come from neighborhoods with picket fences and manicured lawns. They don't really have any street smarts. Me? I grew up in the projects, the ghetto. I saw crack heads. I saw drug dealers. I heard gun shots. The cops showed up to my house a few times. I got things stolen from me. And I got beat up, woke up sometimes with roaches crawling on me, and we got the power cut off a few times. Sometimes, the fridge was near empty and even Burger King was considered "upscale dining."

It wasn't a pleasant experience, but you know what? I think going through it prepared me for my move to the Dominican Republic. Perhaps that is why I've adapted to this country so quickly(I haven't even been here a month yet). I'm not being offensive to Whites, but a lot of these guys come from middle class backgrounds where they haven't been through anything, and when they move to a place like the DR, well, the scenario described in the first post in this thread is what transpires. My advice to them is to stay and learn, become tougher and smarter. But if you're a cobarde, then go back home. But it won't make you a better person.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Looks like you found the testosterone you were looking to score.

Perhaps his testosterone led the way to his not so nice welcome to the Dominican Republic. 3 months here.

The guy is beaten up and his testosterone has withered.

He didn't read, learn or follow advice.

I think that he has learned... the hard way. The very hard way.

I'd rather support and help then just "talk about it".

Dec 26, 2011
Perhaps his testosterone led the way to his not so nice welcome to the Dominican Republic. 3 months here.

The guy is beaten up and his testosterone has withered.

He didn't read, learn or follow advice.

I think that he has learned... the hard way. The very hard way.

I'd rather support and help then just "talk about it".

You can't teach common sense.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
EXACTLY Now you know why the DR can never be home to JMB773. A man is in need of help and instead of stopping and trying to see how bad he is hurt, your first reaction is to drive off. What a Country!!!

I can't tell how many times some "knuckle head" got into a fight outside of a club and ended all bloody but someone ALWAYS helped them.

The difference is, "OUTSIDE OF A CLUB" vs "OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE".....

"OUTSIDE OF A CLUB", there are usually many people around.
"OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE" could be a set-up, only a foolish person would chance stopping.

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012

JMB773, don't take offense, but you sound like you're White. The thing you have to understand is, that Blacks, Cubans, Mexicans, and Dominicans have a different mentality from White people. What that taxi cab driver did is no surprise to a guy like me that was raised in the ghetto. If you grew up in the projects, it is commonly known and understood that nobody will help you if you get your ass beat, nobody.

Black people in particular, have a no snitching policy. We do not like talking to the cops, and there have been cases where people in the ghetto have been killed in front of crowds, and when the cops showed up, nobody saw anything. When interviewed on tv, they asked Suge Knight, who was in the car when Tupac got shot, that if he knew who did it, he would tell. Suge said absolutely..........not. That sounds unusual to Whites but to Blacks it makes perfect sense. That Dominican cab driver, in my eyes. Did the right thing. He didn't know the situation, and he could have got caught in an ambush. A wise man once told me to "avoid the unhappy and unlukcy." If you try to help a person who is unhappy and unlucky, their bad luck might rub off on you. Another thing I hear a lot of White guys say to, is that, if they see a woman getting beat, they will intervene and stop it. Oh no, that doesn't fly in the ghetto! In the ghetto, if you see a woman getting beat, you go on about your business, that is what you do. For all you know, that woman getting beat is a hooker getting beat by her pimp! Try to intervene and you could be shot or stabbed, over a prostitute! How much sense does that make! That Dominican cab driver was smart, I would have done the same!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Bottom line. YOU learned the hard way. I'll bet that you will change your ways IF you stay here. Get "Smart".
Agreed; if I were him I would stay. See, a lot of these guys who move down to the DR are, for lack of a better term, White suburbanites who come from neighborhoods with picket fences and manicured lawns. They don't really have any street smarts. Me? I grew up in the projects, the ghetto. I saw crack heads. I saw drug dealers. I heard gun shots. The cops showed up to my house a few times. I got things stolen from me. And I got beat up, woke up sometimes with roaches crawling on me, and we got the power cut off a few times. Sometimes, the fridge was near empty and even Burger King was considered "upscale dining."

It wasn't a pleasant experience, but you know what? I think going through it prepared me for my move to the Dominican Republic. Perhaps that is why I've adapted to this country so quickly(I haven't even been here a month yet). I'm not being offensive to Whites, but a lot of these guys come from middle class backgrounds where they haven't been through anything, and when they move to a place like the DR, well, the scenario described in the first post in this thread is what transpires. My advice to them is to stay and learn, become tougher and smarter. But if you're a cobarde, then go back home. But it won't make you a better person.

What about the "rats"(not the women) but the REAL rats( once again not the women). How to the "rats" of the ghetto prepare you for life in the Dominican Republic?

BTW I am not being funny I want to know about the "rats" aka CHEESE MONSTERS

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
In the ghetto, if you see a woman getting beat, you go on about your business, that is what you do. For all you know, that woman getting beat is a hooker getting beat by her pimp! Try to intervene and you could be shot or stabbed, over a prostitute! How much sense does that make!

I have to throw the bull**** flag on this!

I was born and raised in Harlem. If I or any of the guys I came up with saw any guy abusing a Woman in public he would be persuaded to find another way to express himself. Sometimes not so gently. Mysogeny is neither a "Black" thing nor an "Inner city" thing so please don't try to use it as an example in this case.

The OP made the mistake of thinking that his welfare was a community project.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
JMB773, don't take offense, but you sound like you're White. The thing you have to understand is, that Blacks, Cubans, Mexicans, and Dominicans have a different mentality from White people. What that taxi cab driver did is no surprise to a guy like me that was raised in the ghetto. If you grew up in the projects, it is commonly known and understood that nobody will help you if you get your ass beat, nobody.

Black people in particular, have a no snitching policy. We do not like talking to the cops, and there have been cases where people in the ghetto have been killed in front of crowds, and when the cops showed up, nobody saw anything. When interviewed on tv, they asked Suge Knight, who was in the car when Tupac got shot, that if he knew who did it, he would tell. Suge said absolutely..........not. That sounds unusual to Whites but to Blacks it makes perfect sense. That Dominican cab driver, in my eyes. Did the right thing. He didn't know the situation, and he could have got caught in an ambush. A wise man once told me to "avoid the unhappy and unlukcy." If you try to help a person who is unhappy and unlucky, their bad luck might rub off on you. Another thing I hear a lot of White guys say to, is that, if they see a woman getting beat, they will intervene and stop it. Oh no, that doesn't fly in the ghetto! In the ghetto, if you see a woman getting beat, you go on about your business, that is what you do. For all you know, that woman getting beat is a hooker getting beat by her pimp! Try to intervene and you could be shot or stabbed, over a prostitute! How much sense does that make! That Dominican cab driver was smart, I would have done the same!

No offense taken, but do you know how many black, Dominicans, Mexicans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, etc are in prison because their BOYS (let me say this again so you won't ever forget it) THEIR BOYS are the ones that snitched. You really think it is "loyalty" on this streets?

NO offense, but you sound like you come from Alaska.

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012

What about the "rats"(not the women) but the REAL rats( once again not the women). How to the "rats" of the ghetto prepare you for life in the Dominican Republic?

BTW I am not being funny I want to know about the "rats" aka CHEESE MONSTERS

In the ghetto I lived in, I honestly didn't see many rats. Maybe a mouse every now and then. But in the South you see a lot of cockroaches. I will be honest, the ghetto I lived in was rough, but it was NOTHING compared to the ghetto Mike Tyson was raised in, the Brownsville projects of New York. Brownsville was considered one of the most dangerous places in the U.S. Tyson said that he would wake up in the morning and see dead hookers lying around, imagine that.

But some of the projects in the USA are just as dangerous and rowdy as the worst parts of the DR or Latin America. People get killed weekly. You have crack heads, drug dealers, and if a drug deal goes wrong guys started shooting and the bullets have no names(how many times have we heard about little kids getting killed in the cross fire). The only thing I'm saying is this: being raised in the projects makes you really really sharp, IF you manage to make it out of there. Jay Z, 50 Cent, Tyson, all those guys come from the ghetto, and made it to the top. You've got to be one shrewd person to do that.

You guys want to know something? When I was a kid, there were times we stayed on the floor and away from windows because we were afraid of stray bullets coming in. Imagine living like that.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
In the ghetto I lived in, I honestly didn't see many rats. Maybe a mouse every now and then. But in the South you see a lot of cockroaches. I will be honest, the ghetto I lived in was rough, but it was NOTHING compared to the ghetto Mike Tyson was raised in, the Brownsville projects of New York. Brownsville was considered one of the most dangerous places in the U.S. Tyson said that he would wake up in the morning and see dead hookers lying around, imagine that.

But some of the projects in the USA are just as dangerous and rowdy as the worst parts of the DR or Latin America. People get killed weekly. You have crack heads, drug dealers, and if a drug deal goes wrong guys started shooting and the bullets have no names(how many times have we heard about little kids getting killed in the cross fire). The only thing I'm saying is this: being raised in the projects makes you really really sharp, IF you manage to make it out of there. Jay Z, 50 Cent, Tyson, all those guys come from the ghetto, and made it to the top. You've got to be one shrewd person to do that.

You guys want to know something? When I was a kid, there were times we stayed on the floor and away from windows because we were afraid of stray bullets coming in. Imagine living like that

You shouldn't be in DR then, you should rap :p

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
No offense taken, but do you know how many black, Dominicans, Mexicans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, etc are in prison because their BOYS (let me say this again so you won't ever forget it) THEIR BOYS are the ones that snitched. You really think it is "loyalty" on this streets?

NO offense, but you sound like you come from Alaska.

You always have exceptions, and let me tell you what happens to those guys that snitch. You see, sometimes, when these guys snitch, the police don't give them the protection they promised. There was a case where, up in Detroit, a guy snitched on his gang. The cops promised him a deal, protection. Once he gave them what they wanted, they abandoned him, just like that. I think you know how the story ends.

But yeah, I just find it funny that you're surprised by that Dominican cab driver leaving the scene. Not me. Not only do I commend him, I would have done the same thing. I will be honest, if you were a cab driver, saw a guy bloodied up after midnight, and stopped and picked him up, I just don't consider you to be a very wise man, and you likely won't live that long. I mean you don't have to be a genius to see how that situation could have ended tragically for the cab driver. I mean for someone like me that is common sense.

vacanodr

Jun 10, 2012
I went out last night, I met up with a friend and had a few drinks, got invited back to their house and I decided to leave at around midnight. We had no minutes and they didn't have the phone installed so I had to walk to the nearest main road to find a taxi.

On doing so I randomly bumped into a guy I have met before and had a chat with, we ended up sat outside a colmado chatting away, this is where is goes a bit fuzzy for me. I am positive someone put something in my drink because I wasn't that drunk but I only have vague memory of what went on after this.

I eventually did make the main road and while sat waiting another car stopped 2 guys jumped out, didn't say anything and just started beating the crap out of me, one had me in a head lock while the other was continuously kicking me in the face. This is where it gets even more weird.

Another car stopped and a few guys jumped out and started to help me, once the original 2 guys fled these others insisted on me getting in their car and taking me home, I didn't want as I don't like people knowing where I live for obvious reasons, but one was exceptionally persistent and in the end started dragging me into the car.

I kicked out and ended up in another violent situation. I couldn't believe the guys who were saving me from a kicking ended up giving me more of a kicking. No taxi would stop for me, I presume because I was covered in blood. So I ended up having to walk in the night for over an hour and I didn't really know where I was, I knew the direction I needed to head but not what was in between me and home.

In the end I made it but I know someone was following me in a car, driving really slow then passing me and then waiting for me to pass and then creeping along behind me again. I don't know if this was one of the previous people as like I said some things are vague.

Now I am concerned that something is held against me for some crazy reason and people know where I live, alone. I am really terrified right now, I figure there is no reason for any of this which makes it so much more worrying, these guys are nuts.

I have only been living here over 3 months, and am feeling like if this is the way it is then it is not for me, but my emotions are running high right now and so hopefully I will get it together and things will become more relaxed over the next few days.

I don't think there is a solution as things have happened, or even if there ever could be to this kind of random thrashing, but I'm hoping for some words to relax me a little as right now I just want to leave.

Listen closely. They often work together to rob, con or take advantage of people. There are countless con artists, liars and cheats in the DR and in your case, they teamed up to try to rob you. There is something in the culture where many people grow up thinking it is okay to lie, rob and cheat people out of things. In the future, do not get drunk or high with them. They can't be trusted. You need to be really careful. You are lucky you are alive. Personally, I do not go out after dark without extreme caution and I almost never get drunk or high with people. The last time I got drunk at a colmado at night, a guy tried to get me to walk with him alone into a dark alley to supposedle meet some women. I did not trust him and went home.

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
But you can't find socks or hydrogen peroxide.

Since when does being shrewd give you the ability to know where every store is located in a country you just moved in? Yeah, you're right, I haven't found the store in the DR that sales hydrogen peroxide. But I also don't walk the streets after dark drunk......

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
I have to throw the bull**** flag on this!

I was born and raised in Harlem. If I or any of the guys I came up with saw any guy abusing a Woman in public he would be persuaded to find another way to express himself. Sometimes not so gently. Mysogeny is neither a "Black" thing nor an "Inner city" thing so please don't try to use it as an example in this case.

The OP made the mistake of thinking that his welfare was a community project.

What era were you born in? Maybe old school Harlem. Today? I doubt it. Personally, I wouldn't get involved. Like I said, you don't know the situation. If you're smart you'd mind your own business, getting involved in a domestic dispute between a man and his woman is a fast way to get shot and killed. Plus, like I said, that "woman" could be a hoe. You gonna fight over a hoe?

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
The thing I always find funny is how people say I grew up in the ghetto, and I saw "crack heads" drug dealers, guns, roaches, rats, hookers, pimps etc. all things that do not make up some of the inner city neighborhoods.

The thing I remember growing up in my barrio was playing baseball in vacant lots, playing basketball with an old bike tire rim, sitting in abandoned cars pretending we were driving, keeping your little brother or sister safe, and there is much more good things about some of the hoods around the country, but those were my favorites.

Dark S you do not have to say guns, drugs etc when talking about where you came from, just say I grew up in East New York, Bushwick, Compton , East LA, Humboldt Park, Englewood, etc and we know very well what goes down in these places.

You think just because you saw a pimp hitting one of his girls mean you have overwhelming "street smarts"

Status
Not open for further replies.