Really? Danilo again? Hope that is true...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Sure why not. And with more than half the population living in poverty they are sure to collect a fortune.:cheeky:

who gives a damn? they use the power? they should pay. if everyone paid their dues the power would be cheaper and more people could afford it.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
who gives a damn? they use the power? they should pay. if everyone paid their dues the power would be cheaper and more people could afford it.

And what are they going to pay with??? If they are living in poverty???

They don't make enough money to eat as it is.

Easy for you to say because you are not living in their situation.

That's your problem dv8, you don't give a damn about others.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i do not care. poverty is not an excuse. they have no money? they do not need power then. i am sick and tired of those who excuse the poor for stealing because "they live in poverty".

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
i do not care. poverty is not an excuse. they have no money? they do not need power then. i am sick and tired of those who excuse the poor for stealing because "they live in poverty".

Most are not stealing it! The gov't is aware of it! They just turn the lights on at a certain time
and then turn them off at certain times during the day. There is a schedule!

If you want to blame someone then blame the gov't and not the people!

It is being given to the people for free in most barrios!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
bronzie, nothing in life is free. what these people receive gratis or at subsidized price is not free because I PAY FOR WITH MY OWN MONEY WHEN I FORK OUT MY BILL. so yeah, i am against this.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
bronzie, nothing in life is free. what these people receive gratis or at subsidized price is not free because I PAY FOR WITH MY OWN MONEY WHEN I FORK OUT MY BILL. so yeah, i am against this.

Then become a citizen so you can vote and make a difference!

You will have a voice that can be heard.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
why on earth would i want to become a dominican citizen? surely, you jest.

you say the poor should not be punished for being poor? i say i should not be punished for not being poor. simple as that. those who have no money for paying whatever services should not receive said services. it is no different to me taking credit to buy a ferrari: i cannot afford it so i do not do it.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
why on earth would i want to become a dominican citizen? surely, you jest.

you say the poor should not be punished for being poor? i say i should not be punished for not being poor. simple as that. those who have no money for paying whatever services should not receive said services. it is no different to me taking credit to buy a ferrari: i cannot afford it so i do not do it.

Well, guess what, then in one ear and out the other. Continue to blow hot air.

Like I said blame the gov't. If it bothers you so much, complain to the officials.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
$15000?

The estimate I got for going off the grid 3 years ago was US$45,000...to replace 800kw/mo...(we average 600, but wanted a buffer just in case.)

It's odd that solar is not that efficient in the Caribbean because of cloud cover...

I don't doubt that estimate from a local firm at all. Prices are really much lower now for the panels, but not if you need a local company to do import and install them. They will still charge about twice as much as they should.

I simply don't have room for enough solar panels to say good riddance to Edenorte.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
AND, we could ask "Bronzy" why she has ANYTHING to say about those of us who Choose to come to live in the DR, when she CHOSE to leave the country of her birth to go live in the USA???
"Hipocrita"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I paid OVER 16,500 pesos this month so the Dominicans can have "FREE" electricity!
Thank "DIOS" the "Cheap PU$$Y" balances things out!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I'll never understand why one can't complain about the things happening in a country, because 'you chose to come here'.

This country has many things to complain about and yes I could decide to leave, but leaving is a big step. Not making that decision (yet) excludes me from seeing what's wrong and reporting it? Don't think so.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Then keep giving FREE electricity to the poor since you decided to live there! Hypocrites!

Some want to reap the benefits without having to put any effort to help change the situation.

There is your answer! The cheap pu$$Y that you get is the reward. SO NO MORE COMPLAINTS.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Oh and who decided to come and live(and still living) among such gov't and people? Please.

oh, so you are now plaming me, despite tha fact i have no right to vote and therefore choose?

listen, it is simple. the government is not an abstract entity existing in a different realm of reality. the government is chosen by people and it consist of the people chosen by people. it is easy. it is not like gravity that exists and works regardless of the those subjected to its forces.

i do a shortcut. i always blame people. i could never understand complaining about prostitution, crime, crazy driving, noise and omnipresent trash. i go to the source: i complain about people. for it is people who buy and sell bodies, who commit crimes, who drive crazily, make noise and throw trash wherever they stand.

and i have explained ad nauseum why i live in DR. if it was not for miesposo i would not visit this place twice. but you know, those who are in love are robbed of the common sense.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
and i have explained ad nauseum why i live in DR. if it was not for miesposo i would not visit this place twice. but you know, those who are in love are robbed of the common sense.
I feel exactly the same. There is not much here to want to live here for, except that I got married and will be forever tied to DR in some way.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
oh, so you are now plaming me, despite tha fact i have no right to vote and therefore choose?

listen, it is simple. the government is not an abstract entity existing in a different realm of reality. the government is chosen by people and it consist of the people chosen by people. it is easy. it is not like gravity that exists and works regardless of the those subjected to its forces.

i do a shortcut. i always blame people. i could never understand complaining about prostitution, crime, crazy driving, noise and omnipresent trash. i go to the source: i complain about people. for it is people who buy and sell bodies, who commit crimes, who drive crazily, make noise and throw trash wherever they stand.

DV8, what I am simply saying is that in order to make a difference to change the situation
yes, in order to be heard, if it bothers you so much(obviously) then BECOME a citizen to
help change things. You said, what me, you're jesting! Then what do you want????
Just by you saying it is not going to get anyone to see it your way. Actions is what
counts.

You are mistaken. I am not robbed of common sense. I see the whole picture as I mingle
among the population and get to see the other side also.

You and others complain so much and yet none want to become part of the solution
by becoming citizens to make a difference. Otherwise continue to blow hot air.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
In all fairness, if 10 DR1ers became citizens, even 100 of them, it would make no difference either way.

Please take the argument to PM, it is off topic in this thread, which is about Danilo running [or not running] in 2016.