Really? Danilo again? Hope that is true...

ZC1

Dec 8, 2013
I don't care for any, by the time Danilo steps down the entire country will be 90% Haitians, especially since all a Haitian has to do these days to be a Dominican is to just cross the border and say he has been living in the DR. And then on top of that there aren't any paperwork fees. I don't see any other countries doing doing such a thing. That is why this country will never progress.

No other country doing the same thing? Tens of thousand of children from Mexico and South America have crossed the border in Texas and Arizona these past few months, entering the USA because under Obama's policies they will receive amnisty, free Obamacare and an education. INS Officers are bussing the children to other parts of the USA and I assure you..they will not be sent back. Immigration issues are evident in many countries, not just the DR.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
DV8, what I am simply saying is that in order to make a difference to change the situation
yes, in order to be heard, if it bothers you so much(obviously) then BECOME a citizen to
help change things. (...)
I am not robbed of common sense.

one: dominican passport is a downgrade, i don't need one.
two: it is me who is robbed of common sense as i am the one in love.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
one: dominican passport is a downgrade, i don't need one.
two: it is me who is robbed of common sense as i am the one in love.

Then there's nothing more to say as you are in the predicament because of
your own choosing.

Then learn to tolerate the situation in that aspect and complain less.:)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
but if you take my right to complain i will have nothing left! have a heart! ;)

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
but if you take my right to complain i will have nothing left! have a heart! ;)

I do have a heart. You were the one who quoted me.;)

Correction: not to complain just to complain less instead of constantly(the same thing over and over and over again) knowing that there is no solution AT the moment. that's all.:)

Dan Spinnover

Nov 1, 2010
About electricity.... might I suggest windfarms? Especially by the la-playas. Correction, make that windfarms and guards.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I don't care for any, by the time Danilo steps down the entire country will be 90% Haitians, especially since all a Haitian has to do these days to be a Dominican is to just cross the border and say he has been living in the DR. And then on top of that there aren't any paperwork fees. I don't see any other countries doing doing such a thing. That is why this country will never progress.

There is nothing wrong with a good rant but come on, where are you getting any of your facts? It is true that many Haitians have entered the DR illegally but with the new residency legalization program they have to have documentation from Haiti and also proof of a job in the DR for this program to be implemented towards their legal status in this country. So, loosen your belt, good, take a deep breath and relax. Your concerns are not going to change this outcome.

May 12, 2005
I think it would be a safe bet to say if every poor home paid 200-300 pesos a month for electricity, the country would have electricity 24/7.

Don't even try to tell me that poor folks can't afford 300 pesos a month. Anybody want to see pictures of all the poor houses with a Claro dish on the roof?

I know dozens if not hundreds of people that have the ability to pay even more, but their attitude is "Why pay for it if I can get it for free?"

Please.

Exactly. Even if they just paid $100 RD a month. Just friggin' pay something. I always find it quite humorous when those who pay nothing/steal the electricity have the nerve to have a huelga because their barrio has no luz. Puhleeeese.