Reasonable Rentals in Sosúa/Cabarete

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Well, I suppose it depends what you mean by an "upscale" area. But even with the "Wuhan virus" (whatever that is) he's unlikely to get a 2 bed 2 bath in an area like Procab.
With the glass half empty attitude you will never ģet anything you want in life. Ask around and keep asking arouňd. You will find a good deal.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Haha I did and sent her a photo of it and asked if that was the place. She said no, it looks too nice. That got me thinking that there must be some old, tired hotels or apartment complexes with pool in the area that don't charge the ridiculous prices that most places catering to gringos charge. It I'm going to spend time in the DR, I'm certainly not going to pay Eastern PA rental rates. It doesn't make sense to me.
Why the Eastern PA mention? I am originally from North East Pa, you couldn't give me a place for free and have me live there again, nice place to visit but .......
If not for my girl having a business in POP we would be living elsewhere. I like Sosua, lived there in the past, but didn't want her driving back and forth every day/night.

Reactions: CristoRey

David B

Aug 31, 2017
Why the Eastern PA mention? I am originally from North East Pa, you couldn't give me a place for free and have me live there again, nice place to visit but .......
If not for my girl having a business in POP we would be living elsewhere. I like Sosua, lived there in the past, but didn't want her driving back and forth every day/night.

I'm from the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton area which, I guess, is technically Southeastern PA. I do know what you mean about Northeastern PA. It's pretty depressing Rust Belt, and I doubt that'll ever change. As far as the commute between POP and Sosúa, I time it as 25 mins.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I'm from the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton area which, I guess, is technically Southeastern PA. I do know what you mean about Northeastern PA. It's pretty depressing Rust Belt, and I doubt that'll ever change. As far as the commute between POP and Sosúa, I time it as 25 mins.
I'm from the Wilkes-Barre area originally but longggggg ago. I looked at an apartment a few years back between Sosua and Cab, closer to Cabarete. It was very nice with a pool across the street from the sea and I believe prices will be going down dramatically. There is more supply and less demand than there has been for years.

Reactions: David B

David B

Aug 31, 2017
I'm from the Wilkes-Barre area originally but longggggg ago. I looked at an apartment a few years back between Sosua and Cab, closer to Cabarete. It was very nice with a pool across the street from the sea and I believe prices will be going down dramatically. There is more supply and less demand than there has been for years.

Thanks, Gary. My ex is from Bradford County, and my great-grandfather is buried near Scranton, so I know the area. Anyway, I'm certainly hoping that, with all that's going on this year, and with no end in sight as of yet, that it will indeed be a renter's market on the North Coast.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Thanks, Gary. My ex is from Bradford County, and my great-grandfather is buried near Scranton, so I know the area. Anyway, I'm certainly hoping that, with all that's going on this year, and with no end in sight as of yet, that it will indeed be a renter's market on the North Coast.
I am headed down to the Malecon for breakfast. If you want to meet up join me for a cup of coffee.

David B

Aug 31, 2017
I am headed down to the Malecon for breakfast. If you want to meet up join me for a cup of coffee.

I'd love to, but I came back to the States a month ago. I couldn't take being locked up in my apartment every day. Tell me which is your favorite caseta for breakfast? I like the German-owned one two casetas down from Miami bar (the Dominican cook is good) as well as the first one at the other end, at Long Beach, where all the Dominicans go to eat, next to Route 66. Anyway, I'll be back end of July if they open up. I'm not going to fall into the trap again of buying a ticket for a non-existent flight just yet. Would love to meet up.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I'd love to, but I came back to the States a month ago. I couldn't take being locked up in my apartment every day. Tell me which is your favorite caseta for breakfast? I like the German-owned one two casetas down from Miami bar (the Dominican cook is good) as well as the first one at the other end, at Long Beach, where all the Dominicans go to eat, next to Route 66. Anyway, I'll be back end of July if they open up. I'm not going to fall into the trap again of buying a ticket for a non-existent flight just yet. Would love to meet up.
My favorite for now is Caseta Rico because not all are open.

Reactions: David B

Mattinnorfolk

Dec 15, 2013
David, I need a furnished place for a week 22-29 July. Do you know if any weekly rentals in your nice building in POP?

David B

Aug 31, 2017
David, I need a furnished place for a week 22-29 July. Do you know if any weekly rentals in your nice building in POP?

Hi, they're only by one-year lease. At any rate, they're unfurnished. There's a really nice airbnb place nearby, though, that's great for a week.

Jan 17, 2009
Must be condos VALMARE at Coconut Palms

This is probably Coconut Palms, which is now called something else that I can't remember. It's a couple of miles west of Cabarete centre. and about a mile from the sea at Encuentro. You should find something in your price range there.