Recent Departure from POP

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Probably residue from good Canadian weed! 🤣

Back in the 1990’s, I got a call from the RCMP. They needed to dispose of two tractor trailer loads of primo Colombian weed, seized from an old fishing trawler they caught. The weed was fresh cut from the fields and placed in burlap bags. The bags also contained tarantulas and other poisonous insects.

I arranged for them to burn the illegal weed in a pulp and paper mill bark burner with a very high stack. Only thing affected by the emissions were the seagulls. 🤣
Smelly

Reactions: Ecoman1949

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Many years ago (when young and dumb) I smuggled in a large amount of hashish into the airport in Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
When I left Zurich with it in the lining of my leather coat it was snowy cold and did not smell, and there were no dogs.
When I landed in SA it was hot and steamy and the stuff stank to high heaven. I mean it really reeked.
I knew person's bodies were not being searched at that time at the airport, (some religious edict) and there were several lines queued to clear customs.

Needless to say I made it through untouched but the smell was so overpowering that many foreigners near me recognized the smell and moved away from me to other lines to avoid guilt by proximity.
I was exhausted from the adrenalin rush when I left the airport and boarded the bus to my camp.
As a side note a few of the people in line who knew me and moved away from me in customs suddenly became by 'buddies' as we boarded the bus, expecting me to share the haul they knew I carried.

I would not attempt such a feat like that ever again.
One New Zealander got caught smuggling in his ski boots - he was not so lucky.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The amount of coke that is being reported seized is staggering lately.
I've been standing in line in Jamaica and Puerto Rico when they ran the dogs but never seen it happen here.
Of course when living in Amsterdam every flight I took down to Italy or Switzerland was sniffed/ search by the dogs.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I've been standing in line in Jamaica and Puerto Rico when they ran the dogs but never seen it happen here.
Of course when living in Amsterdam every flight I took down to Italy or Switzerland was sniffed/ search by the dogs.
I have experienced the sniffing by dogs several time, on at least two flights to Brussels.
I am afraid it has to do with the amount of Dutch people on the flights. Bad reputation. I will become Belgian soon.

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I had the Dog SIT one time , literally right next to me . but he was also sitting next to a Carry on that was left there , which I did not even notice beforehand , good thing I did not touch it to move it out of my way , as I was waiting at the Carousel . or i could have been questioned or detained .. lmao
Yeagh that made my Heart jump .. this was at JFK though on way back from STI ( hope that is not too OFF topic )
The Handler then praised the dog and took the him away , as another agent grabbed the carry on, Afterwards I was like "that was Pretty cool " .
They never said a word to me , maybe they already had their suspect in custody , I have no idea .

Reactions: CristoRey

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
After a long shift I think drug dogs are just walking around like "When is my shift over, I have to pee, and I'm hungry" and they aren't really sniffing anything but the food court smell wafting through the airport