Recipes needed for cooking with limes

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
You need fresh mint for Mojitos. Has anyone found a source for them? They were discussed on another thread.

Is available, got some from WB to plant but as I said, I am not a pretty good gardener so the plant died away and we have dogs who loves all kinds of herbs including mint :pirate:

We can get them from the vivero's here but they don't have them alway's but if they have them, I'll buy me some plants (around 30 peso's for one), put them on a safe place where the dogs can't reach them and just enjoy my Mojito's until all leaves are gone :bunny:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
dont worry it will probably rest for two years afterwards - like ours did.

Squeeze and freeze in managable containers
Good advice. Citrus juice freezes well.

I had 3 Valencia orange trees in my Tampa yard. The annual harvest was enormous.

Each season I'd spend an entire day picking, washing and squeezing ripe oranges. I'd make 10-15 gallons of juice easily. I put the juice in gallon plastic milk jugs I's washed and saved. Then I'd freeze it all in a big chest freezer.

I had juice for months and I used the frozen jugs as coolant in coolers, worked quite well and I had fresh orange juice.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Here is the recipe for possibly the best key lime pie in the world. I'm sure with a little tweaking it will work for any limes, especially if they're more sweet than sour...

Joe's Key Lime Pie

Thx David, I am sure going to try it and so will we try the other recipes also but pastry and making marmelade is my thing, cooking, marinating, roasting etc... is for Belgiank ;)

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Thx David, I am sure going to try it and so will we try the other recipes also but pastry and making marmelade is my thing, cooking, marinating, roasting etc... is for Belgiank ;)

It's pretty simple...and now you can get the graham crackers or even the whole pie crust in Nacional, I think. let me know if you need any taste testers!!