Red Air Catches Fire at Miami International Airport

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Was stated recently in another thread how drugs stored in a particular part of an airplane could become a fire hazard.
America has top notch investigators so I'm sure they'll figure out went wrong.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The entire purpose of Red Air is to get Venezuelans out of Caracas to the USA. Direct flights between the two countries currently aren't allowed, so they are using the DR since there are no prohibitions of DR-USA flights and DR-Venezuela flights.

I don't know if this is still the case, but Red Air was "selling" flights from the DR to the USA and Venezuela without being possible to buy a ticket in the DR. You had to be in Venezuela. Ahem... Given that, I will not be surprised if Venezuelans made up most or all of the passengers.

Case in point, for Dominicans this isn't a serious airline.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: windeguy

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
No it was not a miracle that everyone got out alive.
It was due to the actions taken by the aircrew professionals on the plane.
3 injuries.

And if you were not on the plane, it is a little early to be second guessing the actions of the people who successfully evaluated everyone from the plane without and help from y'all
My hat is off the to aircrew. 👏

Everyone need to remember why we don't fly with AI in the cockpit.
Trained professionals that take responsibility for others in the face of an accident are who I wish to fly with.

Now, I would hate to be the mechanics that last worked on that plane.
People better hope it was a unpreventable structural failure in the main landing gear.
The accident report will be very telling.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Makes you realize the unimportance of your Duty-Free bottles stuffed in your overhead compartment

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Does it not seem a very high incidence of airline issues are connected to planes leaving DR?
Or is this paranoia?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I just read an article a few days ago about Red Air increasing the number of flights to Miami. Perhaps their employees on the ground cut corners to keep up with the schedule or are unnder staffed?

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
No it was not a miracle that everyone got out alive.
It was due to the actions taken by the aircrew professionals on the plane.
3 injuries.

And if you were not on the plane, it is a little early to be second guessing the actions of the people who successfully evaluated everyone from the plane without and help from y'all
My hat is off the to aircrew. 👏

Everyone need to remember why we don't fly with AI in the cockpit.
Trained professionals that take responsibility for others in the face of an accident are who I wish to fly with.

Now, I would hate to be the mechanics that last worked on that plane.
People better hope it was a unpreventable structural failure in the main landing gear.
The accident report will be very telling.

I can just hear a load of Dominican mechanics saying "no es mi culpa, no es mi culpa" before the report is even written.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Ough! This airline that service mostly Venezuelans using the DR as a bridge is gi+oing to be the doom of the Dominican airline industry regarding its access to the USA (attn: Arajet, Sky High).

Another airplane from Red Air catches fire in Miami. Not a year has gone by since the last incident at the same airport and we are already talking about another incident from the same airline.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Ough! This airline that service mostly Venezuelans using the DR as a bridge is gi+oing to be the doom of the Dominican airline industry regarding its access to the USA (attn: Arajet, Sky High).

Another airplane from Red Air catches fire in Miami. Not a year has gone by since the last incident at the same airport and we are already talking about another incident from the same airline.
Thats not good Nals.