RED SOX "2001 WORLD SERIES"*DC* *DC*

A

Allie

Re: RED SOX "2001 WORLD SERIES"*DC*

I have to agree with you. The best pitcher (senor Pedro) and the best hitter (Mr. Manny) Very good combination in my opinion....

ALLIE

D

DR-Defender

I would love to think that this will be the case with the Red Sox, however, you guys must not forget that the pitching line up does not look so great except for Mr. Martinez. You cannot win it all with just one pitcher if you know what I mean. If we get another decent pitcher then we can get our hopes up. Until then, I will have my doubts.

E

Ed Liebfried

The best pitcher, a great hitter, a great shortstop, but don't forget the Red Sox have the best pitching coach as well. With guys like Arrojo, Castillo, and Nomo around, Mr Kerrigan will have some healthy veteran arms to work with, and the pitching should be fine. Add to that the depth needed during the season (Ohka, Kim, Crawford, Pena) and the chances are good that the pitching might surprise. I am more concerned with getting some double plays turned, since Offerman lacks this basic skill and it's not Garciaparra's strongest skill either. I will be wearing my Red Sox "B" when I go to the D.R. next month!

M

Marvin

This could be the year for breaking the "you know what". Don't forget, the Sox also have a very good closer, perhaps the best #1 starter and closer combo in the ML. If Jose O. can be nearly as good next year as he was in 98 as leadoff, I'm sure we can find a place for him - he seemed pretty comfortable at first base last year when he was there! And we still have plenty of good trade bait.

I'm ready for the season. Go Sox!

P

prtyr

Pedro is cool

I went to Club Eclipse a few weeks back to see Merengue Group Sin Fronteras and Pedro was there with his entourage. Great night. Lots of fun. Told Pedro they are going to the Series in 2001. He just smiled!