Refused entry

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Well, there was another person with us held at immigration for overstaying for a month, they kept him there for two full days before they put him on a plane back to Malta

When asked if everyone else was entry you replied "As I was a little freaked out I really was not paying much attention to anyone else from our flight. "
I suggest that if you are going to make up a story that you make SOME attempt to keep you facts somewhat consistent.. .

Reactions: lifeisgreat
Sep 22, 2009
Hello,

Something that happened to my family just recently might be of interest to some of you.

We (my two minor sons and I) were traveling form Madrid to Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic, by air. Upon arrival we were refused entry into the country, without any reasons given. On top of that, they wanted us to sleep in the hallway of arrival area at the airport. After making them aware that my kids are five and twelve years old, they allowed us to sleep in a room with another person who they had contained there at the immigration at the airport. The next day they told us we need to leave today, and later that day we were on our wat back to Madrid. Our passports and cellphones were taken from us and held back first by the immigration officer at the airport in Santo Domingo, then by the flight attendant on the plane (Iberia) and finally, back in Madrid, the local police came on the plane we were on and handed me our passports. But only after asking why we were not let into the Dominican Republic. I told them that they did not tell us anything other than that we had to go back to Madrid. So my questions is, why can this happen, especially when in company of two minor children? Both of my kids are US citizens.

This is what I call child abuse and abuse of power of the immigration officers. When I asked to speak to the embassy of the USA they refused and told me they don’t have their phone number. Which was a lie as I myself called them later after I found their number on their website.

The question I have is, how can this happen, especially while in company of two minors?
Well there's certainly a lot going on here.
Based on your story first of all it seems that you're traveling around a lot. I don't know if you're a US citizen and are the children US citizens are the children Dominican citizens. What were you doing in Madrid? Sometimes when folks travel around a lot and enter the country through a country that is not the country of origin this is a problem. You said you have been a chronic overstayer for 25 years. I know of people that are all the sudden denied entry turns out due to overstay abuse. Other reasons they do not let you in maybe various flags on your passport that may have to do with infractions in other countries, namely the country of origin. There's just so much here. Especially, what you're probably leaving out.

Reactions: aarhus

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
reminds me of a time 10+ years ago they searched my bags coming into New York from East Africa. I asked the immigration officer as to why they were interested in searching my bags and without even batting an eye or showing an ounce of concern he said "because we can". He let me know in no uncertain terms that I was not going to question him. I am sure some clowns would ask "let me see your supervisor", all that would do is make you miss your connecting flight.

Years ago my immigration lawyer warned me about challenging those people....
The man admitting you

In the USA , they have no 'supervisor' no 'superior' that they report to

Next stop - Federal court....
DO NOT ARGUE.... he told me

I expect it's the same her

THe agent on duty interprets the rules as he/she sees fit.... so behave

Not that this did anything wrong... just warning the readers

Sep 22, 2009
Years ago my immigration lawyer warned me about challenging those people....
The man admitting you

In the USA , they have no 'supervisor' no 'superior' that they report to

Next stop - Federal court....
DO NOT ARGUE.... he told me

I expect it's the same her

THe agent on duty interprets the rules as he/she sees fit.... so behave

Not that this did anything wrong... just warning the readers
I got some questions in 2007 Santo Domingo to Paris to Zurich. 7 months later, Zurich to New York to Santo Domingo via American airlines. They questioned the heck out of me in Santo Domingo but fortunately I had a general's name at hand? You know we all have a general and a lawyer in the family here

Reactions: colmcb

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I got some questions in 2007 Santo Domingo to Paris to Zurich. 7 months later, Zurich to New York to Santo Domingo via American airlines. They questioned the heck out of me in Santo Domingo but fortunately I had a general's name at hand? You know we all have a general and a lawyer in the family here

Zürich is a beautiful place to be in December.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
You can't travel with minors unless your carrying that letter of authorization as it has been the case in so many kidnappings. This is fairly common knowledge in most countries with more and more divorces. ( I think?)
Johne is spot on correct. You can not travel internationally with a minor age child without a letter of authorization from both parents if you are not a parent or from the child's other parent if you are one of their parents,period. I have a minor age child that lives in a country other than the country where I reside so I have direct experience with this. Case closed. All of the other questions about how,when or where or whether or not your kids are U.S. citizens etc.,etc., doesn't mean squat,you must have a letter of authorization,period. Notarized too.

Sep 22, 2009
Johne is spot on correct. You can not travel internationally with a minor age child without a letter of authorization from both parents if you are not a parent or from the child's other parent if you are one of their parents,period. I have a minor age child that lives in a country other than the country where I reside so I have direct experience with this. Case closed. All of the other questions about how,when or where or whether or not your kids are U.S. citizens etc.,etc., doesn't mean squat,you must have a letter of authorization,period. Notarized too.
Attaching link

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
The story is somewhat blurred to me. The children are Americans and travelling from Spain. So this indicates that he is not the natural father, then you need permission to travel from the father.

Reactions: El Rey de Mangu