Regularization card "Non Resident" foreigners

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Ship Shape,

you may not always like what you hear, but the Fisherman and Gringo Boy try to give you straight answers..
Listen to them .... they aren't trying to hurt you or confuse you.

We all ( at least I) want you to get through his.

Make a list... how can we help ?
I volunteer, and I volunteer Gringo.... not sure I can volunteer Fishman, but I ask him to join.

You sound much more collected - calmer.
Keep it up

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
my friend, who went the residency road after the registration to the Plan, still does not have the residency card in hands.
it gets moved always to "the other week".
the moment he receives a card, i will post about it here, but still nothing to write about.
YC,
to know exactly what you (or your fren) have to do, to get residency, after registering with the plan and card /sticker received,
to know that i would guess you/your fren need to ask at Immigrations.
and as the language may be a rock on da road, i would go there in person and ask for a supervisior to have a word with that guy/gal.
the exact requirements i would expect to be different from case to case.
for example my buddy did not even have a valid passport, when he subscribed to the plan, his was expired since a very long time at that moment.
yours should be up to date, as you just traveled recently.
i would go there and ask the specifics for my own specific case.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
It must be very frustrating, this process....

There, but for the grace of God, go I..............

i see it from the other side/end, WW.
my buddy is on the Isle since 20 years,
he did nothing,
no hassles for him,
no payments of any kind for any papers to be done nor any renewals,
heck, he even let his passport expire in 2007.
so the process to register with the Plan
and then wait some months before the whole process may be finished to have a residency card in hand,
that's nothing to complain about, compared to 20 years of avoiding any kinda "movement".
regular residency applicants also have to wait for months til the stuff is done.
and of course it comes with a price.
20 years ago, he could have gotten his permanent residency easy, quick and for just a few hundred dollars total including lawyer, at least it worked for myself around that same time.
now he p?id a lawyer and he paid some "extra fees" to get necessary documents together,
so the whole application would fit into the whatsoever requirements.
i hope i can report back about a success on the case soooon.

Mike

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Agreed, 2008 was so easy.....

in fact I chose RD b/c of the ease of residency and no minimum stay requirement

cheap, easy fast

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Agreed, 2008 was so easy.....

in fact I chose RD b/c of the ease of residency and no minimum stay requirement

cheap, easy fast

that it been so easy to stay, was a finally deciding factor for myself, too.
i traveled a lot back in the day,
and in DR you could stay as pleased
and at the moment the decision for a permanent/long years stay been taken, to get a residency card and all that stuff was easy and hassle free.
DR always had a minimum stay limit of 6 months per year(no more than 180 days out of DR for Residents), but to date i never heard such would ever been enforced, and anyways they allow to apply for exceptions of that rule.
and even with todays more expensive and more "complicated" handlings of the thingy,
which other caribbean Island would offer the advantages that draw me on This Island for the same or less money/hassles/paperwork?
a thriving Tourism Economy which offers the chance to establish good long running business ventures with relatively small amounts of investments, a high number of Clientel relatively guaranteed, a safe place for a 3rd world/developing country, a climate to appreciate, Oceanfront living for very affordable money.
and the DR offers lifestyles of all different levels/for all different pockets.
there are not many caribbean Islands, who could compete with the over all package, as it fits for myself/my personal needs,
if there would be any other Isle in the first place.
like every formerly open border poor country,
once certain limits are reached, the immigrations policies get little by little more "selective" on "whom we wanna have in and whom not", so the minimum requirements of steady income/pension/investment/money on a bank etc etc will rise little by little.
todays margins i honestly do not see as anything skyrocketed high out of this world,
those margins sure will get further adjustments during the decades to come, towards a higher level,
at least so long as so many foreigners move over here, who pass those limits without a hinch.

Mike