Regularization plan ????

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Give the history ShipShape

When did you come here?
Do you fit into the Regularizion Program

Any outstanding fines or criminal issues?
I had to prove that myself this week.... 600 pesos

I had the police report ie good conduct, letters from 4 bissnes the ID's from 9 domicans, light bills apartment letter say how long i had been here bank statment from over 14 years, recits showing how much i had spent in the DR well over the required amount. I thought i had it all covered.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Depending on how old that police report is... you may need a new one -- I did but mine was old....OLD

As I said - I'll ask

the 14 yurs should qualify you for the regularization program - as I read it
and don't get married....
Malko is talking about an old rule.. not valid anymore -- as I see it

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Why don't you go to the dept of migracion website and it lists what you need to do with the PNRE cardnet to get residency....I went through the PNRE and got residency, but a lot of friends got the work visa....you can renew that visa every 2 years with your passport, or can apply for residency....they give you the list of requirements, one of which is having your cardnet and stamp in the passport.....a lot of people here don't have correct information....

https://www.migracion.gob.do/prccm/

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Depending on how old that police report is... you may need a new one -- I did but mine was old....OLD

As I said - I'll ask

the 14 yurs should qualify you for the regularization program - as I read it
and don't get married....
Malko is talking about an old rule.. not valid anymore -- as I see it

I dont know about it being an old rule...... i renew each time w/o any economic solvency, or testigos or anything....... just buena conducto and certificato de matrimonio.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The accelerated residency by marriage seems to have been discontinued...

renewals and initial acceptance are different , I think

try getting divorced and see what happens .. ????

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
This is exactly one reason to get a free consultation with a good lawyer. No guessing about what the law is now. They'll know if being married will help his case or not.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Why don't you go to the dept of migracion website and it lists what you need to do with the PNRE cardnet to get residency....I went through the PNRE and got residency, but a lot of friends got the work visa....you can renew that visa every 2 years with your passport, or can apply for residency....they give you the list of requirements, one of which is having your cardnet and stamp in the passport.....a lot of people here don't have correct information....

https://www.migracion.gob.do/prccm/

You know a lot of people that got the work card through the registration plan. I had not herd of one.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I dont know about it being an old rule...... i renew each time w/o any economic solvency, or testigos or anything....... just buena conducto and certificato de matrimonio.

Malko - thinking about this...

My renewals are pretty easy too... new medical these days... but never a solvency

No Buena Conducta.. nada

Marriage renewals must be different...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
If it were something really important, unusual, and/or somewhat complicated like yc's case is, I wouldn't believe anything they told me in POP. They're just junior paper pushers there. I'd have to hear it from someone somewhat higher up at DGM in SD.

yes, but the junior paper pushers might KNOW something. even if they cannot DO something, they probably can tell us what can be done. especially since the junior paper pusher whom i know is the head honcho in POP.

this is exactly why i told yacht chef not to even bother airing his problems on DR1.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

I assume your renewing "permanent" residency. I am the same just the marriage license (and that was new this renewal) used to be just my old residency and passport and pictures. Nows wa the marriage license passport pictures and buena conducta. all uploaded and oked, nothing else. but I have had residency since 1995.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
You know a lot of people that got the work card through the registration plan. I had not herd of one.

Yes I do, and only 2 that got residency....so don't worry about it, when I was getting my residency card they were giving out the cardnet that you got and repeating the same line, 'this cardnet is valid for 2 yrs and you will need your passport to renew it in 2 yrs'.....I was expecting the same thing, but I got the residency card with 2 letters to take to the cedula office in SDQ to get the cedula....
Good luck in what you do, but don't let this make you leave the DR....I hear it really sucks in the US now....

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I assume your renewing "permanent" residency. I am the same just the marriage license (and that was new this renewal) used to be just my old residency and passport and pictures. Nows wa the marriage license passport pictures and buena conducta. all uploaded and oked, nothing else. but I have had residency since 1995.

Tempory renewals up until now..... hoping for permanent this year.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

This is about getting residency, not renewing.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
yes, but the junior paper pushers might KNOW something. even if they cannot DO something, they probably can tell us what can be done. especially since the junior paper pusher whom i know is the head honcho in POP.

this is exactly why i told yacht chef not to even bother airing his problems on DR1.

The junior paper pushers were virtually useless in my case. I spoke to a number of lawyers. All of them told me I had no choice but to do what Migracion told me in my case. They would do it for money, or I could do it myself. I elected for doing it myself, which required 2 trips to Migracion so far, and will see how that works out sometime around next May when I make a third trip to Migracion in Santo Domingo.

As for people like yach chef who don't have residency, he might still be able to pay his way into residency using a lawyer. Maybe they can turn that work visa "mistake" into residency. It may be his only way to do so buy using the DR Lawyer connection to the Migracion Mafia. Certainly, it would not be "legal" to do so, but that might still be possible given enough money is paid.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Much has changed recently in this department of the gov't

Every lawyer in Windy' mafia had a 'guarantor' who would sign for a fee
Citizenship, residency -- all the options

NO MORE !!... they all have been shown the exit by the department.
It was a sham....
These people were making $500-600 per application... for who knows how many daily !!??

History...........

Take it from me --- Mr Inbetween ... caught in the middle of the change

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Give the history ShipShape

When did you come here?
Do you fit into the Regularizion Program

Any outstanding fines or criminal issues?
I had to prove that myself this week.... 600 pesos

It makes no difference. As I said earlier in the thread, my Haitian employee met all the criterea and jumped through all the hoops, but he got the same result as Mr Y. Chef.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
OK... and from your story it doesn't sound like a terrible outcome...

not the desired one-- but better than deportation....

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Yes I do, and only 2 that got residency....so don't worry about it, when I was getting my residency card they were giving out the cardnet that you got and repeating the same line, 'this cardnet is valid for 2 yrs and you will need your passport to renew it in 2 yrs'.....I was expecting the same thing, but I got the residency card with 2 letters to take to the cedula office in SDQ to get the cedula....
Good luck in what you do, but don't let this make you leave the DR....I hear it really sucks in the US now....

Ok, first question were any of the people that got work cards gringos or all Haitians. Second question did the people in the office give any explanation as to why thy got the work card and not the residency if the ancer to question 1 was yes thy were gringo's. I understand that Haitian would want a work card because thy are here to work. I on the other hand am not here for that purpose. I well wate to see if gorgon can find out anything.