REGULARIZATION UPDATE "Cedula coming"

harry2010

Apr 27, 2010
It looks like there is movement in the regularization program. I have seen 2 documents that indicate that a cedula will be issued .to those in the program

If you were part of the program go to the office you have applied to see if your name is in some kind of list.
the papers that i have seen were from the San Pedro de macoris and one from Higuey office .

Do you know how the recipients of these letters received them? Did they just happen to go into the local Immigration office or were they sent to them somehow? As far as I know, the tent that served as the Regularizacion office in Puerto Plata is now closed.
Went to to their local office

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I read that the cedula comes first (using that letter). Then the residency permit immediately after.

Of course he has already done work towards the residency permit. That is why he got this letter.

The purpose of regularization was to allow people time to apply for residency. Getting a cedula before residency is possible if the government wants to do so, but I think not. My guess is that letter is to remind people to get residency.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
The purpose of regularization was to allow people time to apply for residency. Getting a cedula before residency is possible if the government want to do so, but I think not.
Again. I am reading what the letter says.
If the letter is wrong it's a different matter. If it was me I'd assume it is right and see what happens at the JCE

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I can only speak for the 'normal ' process many of us have followed........

Residency card followed by the cedula....

Migracion to the JCD office....... easy 2 step process.

Regularization may, repeat may, be different.....
but I bet RD follows the same rules - more or less

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Again. I am reading what the letter says.
If the letter is wrong it's a different matter. If it was me I'd assume it is right and see what happens at the JCE

As I read the letter it is talking about temporary residency. Someone who was regularized is not the same as having temporary residency. That is why I still think the person has to get temporary residency and then they will get a cedula. The letter states there is no objection to that process moving forward. ( I see William Webster essentially said what I just said above. )

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
As I read the letter it is talking about temporary residency. Someone who was regularized is not the same as having temporary residency. That is why I still think the person has to get temporary residency and then they will get a cedula. The letter states there is no objection to that process moving forward. ( I see William Webster essentially said what I just said above. )
The note at the bottom of the letter is VERY clear. It says what indicated.
Residence card as soon as the cedula has been obtained. No doubts about what the letter says.
I fail to see why shouldn't he follow the instructions. At worst he will lose a trip to the board and they will confirm the letter is wrong and gave them other instructions. At best the letter is right and he gets the cedula for temporary residents.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The note at the bottom of the letter is VERY clear. It says what indicated.
Residence card as soon as the cedula has been obtained. No doubts about what the letter says.
I fail to see why shouldn't he follow the instructions. At worst he will lose a trip to the board and they will confirm the letter is wrong and gave them other instructions. At best the letter is right and he gets the cedula for temporary residents.

The point we are discussing is this: You are making the assumption the letter says the person is already a temporary resident. I am suggesting they are not and still need to go through that process. The heading of the letter states:

"for forwarding identification card to temporary resident aliens"

Regularization and Residency are two different things unless the government wants to automatically grant Residency to those who were Regularized. I still think not.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I doubt a non-resident can qualify for a cedula.....

that's what Windy is saying..

Residency - THEN cedula..... left foot , right foot - that's how we walk

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If regularization automatically grants temporary residency, then those people got a real bargain. (That was not how it was described at the time of regularization. It was regularization to get the time to file for residency while meeting the requirements without having to do it out of the DR.)

I am sure the legal advisers on DR1 could explain what this really means.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They are talking about a SPECIFIC CEDULA for TEMPORARY RESIDENTS.

Of course, the cedula that they will get after they complete the residency process and receive their temporary residency cards as well.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
The point we are discussing is this: You are making the assumption the letter says the person is already a temporary resident. I am suggesting they are not and still need to go through that process. The heading of the letter states:

"for forwarding identification card to temporary resident aliens"

Regularization and Residency are two different things unless the government wants to automatically grant Residency to those who were Regularized. I still think not.

You are wrong.

I am assuming nothing whatsoever. I am simply TRANSLATING the letter, as a native Spanish speaker, from the same country that issued the letter. I know EXACTLY what the letter says.

The letter was sent to a specific person (whose name is now blocked), and has a case number and other information.

THAT PERSON for whom the letter was written was given the instructions that I have already indicated it gives.

Can the letter be wrong?

Possibly.

Then again, what would you suggest the person who received those instructions do?

To assume the OFFICIAL letter is wrong, without even trying?

I'd say assume the letter is RIGHT, and do what the letter says. If it turns out to be wrong then he will know once he gets to the JCE and attempts to get the cedula. Then he will know for sure.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
They are talking about a SPECIFIC CEDULA for TEMPORARY RESIDENTS.

No, No , No

the cedula is a cedula... normal.

It s paired with the residency card... same expirations , normally.

How could a non-resident obtain a cedula??
I can't see how.

Or, sell them like tourist cards ??

No, again

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
If the letter was indeed sent to someone who was accepted into the Regularization Plan, it confirms that they are seen as Temporary Residents as heading.

What else could they be seen as?

By enrolling in the Plan to regularize and being accepted they moved forward from, at best, an Immigration status of Non Resident.

Good luck to them and now let's hope they can get their cedulas and can apply for Permanent Residency.

harry2010

Apr 27, 2010
"update on regularization program"

this week i have seen a cedula obtained by one of the participant on the regularization program.
the card has
location of birth
date of birth
nationality
occupation
marital status
date of expiration. in this case February 2018 (may be it is a one year card)

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
This is great news my friend and I well be going to the office tomarow or tuesday  with his wife  who is also are lawer.
Thank you very much for this update. 

cndeh

Jul 23, 2012
Regularization Cedula

I received my cedula last week as part of the Regularization program. You take the slip they gave you when your photo and finger prints were taken back to the JCE extranjero office in Santa Domingo and they scan it. You go sit in a little room for about 15 minutes while they process it. Your name is called, they scan your index fingerprint and you sit back down. Five minutes later they call your name and its back to the window to receive the cedula. Not sure about getting a residency card but the cedula is identical to all extranjero cedulas and is valid for one year from the date it is issued.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The bottom of that letter clearly states that, without delay after receiving the cedula, you need to go and apply for your residency.