Rejection of Retiree Residency Renewal Application

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Very interesting indeed!
As previously posted I am going through the process of obtaining a Residency here in DR.
I made it very clear that I wanted a Permanent Residency due to my Pension being substantially greater than the minimum requirement.
However I have been relegated to accept a temporary Residency by order of the DMG.
Now there is a silver lining in that cloud ; if DMG can guarantee that I shall be alive and breathing in another year to reapply; then I am quite prepared to do so.
In the past I transferred funds from the Canadian Bank to the Bank Reservas which my family uses here in Luperon.
By the time the funds reached our local bank we had lost $750.00 CDN through Banking fees and exchange.
They stated that the CDN funds had to be converted first to USD then to Pesos... All strictly Bull Ship!

I shall never have funds forwarded to our local Bank again.
My pensions are going to stay in Canada and we draw from there .
We use the VISA for food and Hotel etc. and simply transfer payments electronically from our CDN Bank.
Other than we use the ATM's at several safe places.
The funds are spent here; so that has to be compliant.
I am old (77), stubborn, cynical, bull headed and several more excellent attributes ; There are other countries that are willing to accept our Pensions and family.....
Not really an issue.
It is called,where I am from, "shooting one self in the foot!"

AH, I do so feel better!!!
Russell
Russell I transfer from my RBC acct to my BHD account. I transfer in American funds which RBC converts from my Canadian acct. Thanks to Trudeau we have a terrible exchange rate loosing 30 cents on the dollar but it is what is . 1800 American is aprox 2400 Canadian. I am limited to 2500 CAD each transfer. Anyways it arrives in my BHD acct in US funds and they take 7 dollars. Usually takes 2 or 3 days.

nekokatt

Feb 25, 2012
I have Investor permanent residency and for renewal, have to show 6 months of USD 2,000 (the minimum) deposited to Scotiabank, thru a certified bank statement to DGM.

and 8,000 is way too high. recent renewal 800, initial application (Guzman) about 2000 back in 2012

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
StrangeI just renewed 5 year expired temp residency and it was very easy and straight forward with our lawyer and definitely didn’t have to show any money stuff.

The "money stuff" referenced in #23 above is for Investor permanent residency. Is that what you have? The requirements for that include that you must submit to Migracion six months of DR bank statements showing movement of money. And a letter from the bank that says you have an account, the balance, and they also say what was minimum and maximum in account. (The name of that residency is Residencia por Inversion. I also have it. And, have been required to submit that bank stuff each time I renew.)

It will be good if the GA lawyer responds to the OP question. But he might not see it if not in Legal.)

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I have Investor permanent residency and for renewal, have to show 6 months of USD 2,000 (the minimum) deposited to Scotiabank, thru a certified bank statement to DGM.

and 8,000 is way too high. recent renewal 800, initial application (Guzman) about 2000 back in 2012

In your case that makes sense since that is a requirement of your initial residency.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
The Investor, Pensioner and Landlord (rentista) visas all come under the same category of Residencia Por Inversion. The government supposedly makes it easier to get and to renew these visas, provided that the person can show that they have got money from abroad coming into the Dom Rep each month - so this is why there is a requirement to show that you are getting your rent money from abroad, or your pension, and this is being paid into a Dominican bank account, and that you are spending it in Dom Rep.

How anyone manages to live a comfortable life and not get through US$ 2,000 a month is beyond me, but let's not start that conversation.

The last time I renewed, Banco Popular just gave a standard letter which showed my average balance and average income each month and Migracion were happy with this. But I do know that things have changed, and Dominican government employees just looooooovvvve to find a reason to say No, go away and get another form or another letter or another stamp or....

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
The Investor, Pensioner and Landlord (rentista) visas all come under the same category of Residencia Por Inversion. The government supposedly makes it easier to get and to renew these visas, provided that the person can show that they have got money from abroad coming into the Dom Rep each month - so this is why there is a requirement to show that you are getting your rent money from abroad, or your pension, and this is being paid into a Dominican bank account, and that you are spending it in Dom Rep.

How anyone manages to live a comfortable life and not get through US$ 2,000 a month is beyond me, but let's not start that conversation.

The last time I renewed, Banco Popular just gave a standard letter which showed my average balance and average income each month and Migracion were happy with this. But I do know that things have changed, and Dominican government employees just looooooovvvve to find a reason to say No, go away and get another form or another letter or another stamp or....

actually they are just looking for grease

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
grease the wheel russell find a palm

Not enough grease!!LOL
Just found out that my application was stopped in process because the Police Report did not meet their standard.
Get this, The DR Embassy in Ottawa, Canada had the Report translated into Spanish, had the original certified by Global Affairs Canada ; the DR Migracion approved it and provided the 60 Day Visa which arrived two weeks late.
Now some bureaucrat thinks they do not like the format. I am encouraged to get another Police REport!!!!
It will be the same report ; different date!
This is fun!
I was getting bored.
The DR Migracion is as enept as Immigration Canada ... they must have sent them all to the same school in Bolivia!!

Off to Migracion in Puerto Plata today...should be fun.
On the monetary issue; I may have to go to Scotia Bank in Nova Scotia and open an account then the same here to get preferred banking.
Yesterday my TD Bank card was rejected from the Bank Reservas... but the next customer got money with Wells Fargo card.
Humm! interesting.
Three ATM's in Luperon did not provide a peso for me. I shall have to get it from Scotia Bank in Puerto PLata.

Always an exciting day here in RD.
Russell

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Not enough grease!!LOL
Just found out that my application was stopped in process because the Police Report did not meet their standard.
Get this, The DR Embassy in Ottawa, Canada had the Report translated into Spanish, had the original certified by Global Affairs Canada ; the DR Migracion approved it and provided the 60 Day Visa which arrived two weeks late.
Now some bureaucrat thinks they do not like the format. I am encouraged to get another Police REport!!!!
It will be the same report ; different date!
This is fun!
I was getting bored.
The DR Migracion is as enept as Immigration Canada ... they must have sent them all to the same school in Bolivia!!

Off to Migracion in Puerto Plata today...should be fun.
On the monetary issue; I may have to go to Scotia Bank in Nova Scotia and open an account then the same here to get preferred banking.
Yesterday my TD Bank card was rejected from the Bank Reservas... but the next customer got money with Wells Fargo card.
Humm! interesting.
Three ATM's in Luperon did not provide a peso for me. I shall have to get it from Scotia Bank in Puerto PLata.

Always an exciting day here in RD.
Russell

So Iwent to POP Migracion stated the issues and the nice lady there had it cleared up in 5 minutes.... next phase will be ''pay the fee and get the ID card.
Too bad Canada does not have a ''go to place''

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
So Iwent to POP Migracion stated the issues and the nice lady there had it cleared up in 5 minutes.... next phase will be ''pay the fee and get the ID card.
Too bad Canada does not have a ''go to place''

Russell ... I have been in your shoes before and got ****ed off .... then i found out grease the wheel is easy then dealing with the folks who keep changing their mind on what papers I needed.........

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Russell ... I have been in your shoes before and got ****ed off .... then i found out grease the wheel is easy then dealing with the folks who keep changing their mind on what papers I needed.........

What makes immagration here any diffrent than anyplace else in the world. Answer.
Its an island.
It makes it's own rules.
It employs uneducated lazy unqualified biased people.
you can not get recourse to any unfair impossible unreasonable decisions by them.
When they make mistakes it is your fault and you can do nothing correct them.
They have an iron shield on communication with them.
How do you communicate with them to resolve any issue.
For example.
They never answer the one phone number given by their web page.
They give no email listing.
They do not let you enter any office to communicate with them [Guards at door] .
It seems they do not have a means for their own lawyers Dominican lawyers. To communicate with them.
They do not respond or acknolege an form of written correspondence.
It seems that some can hire the most expensive unquilified law firms to attempt to resolve impossible requirements.
I have been told not to pay law firmas pay a go between [they hang out around migration for this service].
This is only a sample listing of how things are done here !
Anyone like to add to this listing please do as it is interesting to see how impossible it is to deal with an invisable agency that only accepts money for implyed services.

Some say do it the dominican way.
Go up into the mountians and dissapear.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
What makes immagration here any diffrent than anyplace else in the world. Answer.
Its an island.
It makes it's own rules.
It employs uneducated lazy unqualified biased people.
you can not get recourse to any unfair impossible unreasonable decisions by them.
When they make mistakes it is your fault and you can do nothing correct them.
They have an iron shield on communication with them.
How do you communicate with them to resolve any issue.
For example.
They never answer the one phone number given by their web page.
They give no email listing.
They do not let you enter any office to communicate with them [Guards at door] .
It seems they do not have a means for their own lawyers Dominican lawyers. To communicate with them.
They do not respond or acknolege an form of written correspondence.
It seems that some can hire the most expensive unquilified law firms to attempt to resolve impossible requirements.
I have been told not to pay law firmas pay a go between [they hang out around migration for this service].
This is only a sample listing of how things are done here !
Anyone like to add to this listing please do as it is interesting to see how impossible it is to deal with an invisable agency that only accepts money for implyed services.

Some say do it the dominican way.
Go up into the mountians and dissapear.

Most of what you say is also true with Canada not just an Island country.
Canada just cancelled 18000 applications .... because they want better applicants to fill the job needs.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Most of what you say is also true with Canada not just an Island country.
Canada just cancelled 18000 applications .... because they want better applicants to fill the job needs.

Yes, ut those aren't people already accepted into the country.

CynthiaCom

Nov 22, 2019
Good morning, Buzzard.

My name is Cynthia Comprés from Guzmán Ariza.

Yes, the Immigration office demands a bank letter certification, bank statements from the last six months and bills proving that you are residing in the country (for example electric or phone bill). It is to prove that you are bringing to the country the minimum amount of income that approved your residency.

If you'd like, we could have a conference call on how to proceed with Immigration. We strongly advise against 'greasing the palm' of a public employee.

Our number is 809-255-0980 and my email is ccompres@drlawyer.com

CynthiaCom

Nov 22, 2019
The "money stuff" referenced in #23 above is for Investor permanent residency. Is that what you have? The requirements for that include that you must submit to Migracion six months of DR bank statements showing movement of money. And a letter from the bank that says you have an account, the balance, and they also say what was minimum and maximum in account. (The name of that residency is Residencia por Inversion. I also have it. And, have been required to submit that bank stuff each time I renew.)

It will be good if the GA lawyer responds to the OP question. But he might not see it if not in Legal.)

Good morning. Thank you for your reply; we are here :)

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Good morning, Buzzard.

My name is Cynthia Comprés from Guzmán Ariza.

Yes, the Immigration office demands a bank letter certification, bank statements from the last six months and bills proving that you are residing in the country (for example electric or phone bill). It is to prove that you are bringing to the country the minimum amount of income that approved your residency.

If you'd like, we could have a conference call on how to proceed with Immigration. We strongly advise against 'greasing the palm' of a public employee.

Our number is 809-255-0980 and my email is ccompres@drlawyer.com

Which residency status does this requirement apply to? Are these statements uploaded online, or brought to DGM in SD when you go for your appointment?

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Which residency status does this requirement apply to? Are these statements uploaded online, or brought to DGM in SD when you go for your appointment?

Well young lady how much do you charge? What is your guarentee of getting residency.
If you dont manage to get residency do you refund the money ?

What additional charges do you apply for your services ?

What is you guarentee of completing residency aproval.

Do you give refund if you can not get the residency ?

When i go shopping i like to know what i'm buying including hireing a lawyer.

I dont like the idea of sorry we can not help you no refund.