Rejection of Retiree Residency Renewal Application

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Well young lady how much do you charge? What is your guarentee of getting residency.
If you dont manage to get residency do you refund the money ?

What additional charges do you apply for your services ?

What is you guarentee of completing residency aproval.

Do you give refund if you can not get the residency ?

When i go shopping i like to know what i'm buying including hireing a lawyer.

I dont like the idea of sorry we can not help you no refund.

LMAO .... everyone here has a guarentee until they cant complete the task than you cant find them

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The various criteria for Residency are stated on the DGM website. Several classifications are available. If you meet the requirements you may apply for Residency and should be able to complete the process successfully. Lawyers do not control the application process, they merely act as a way to ease, monitor and keep that process moving forward.

If you don't have the required funding sources, you have a criminal record that upsets DGM or you cannot prove your marital status with the necessary documents etc. then the application process may not be successful, but anyone who has done their homework would already know that.

I think some are being too hard on the lawyers. Their services are clearly defined and whether or not an applicant hires them is up to that individual. DGM declines applications, not lawyers, who generally advise their clients and then do what the client instructs them to do.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
The various criteria for Residency are stated on the DGM website. Several classifications are available. If you meet the requirements you may apply for Residency and should be able to complete the process successfully. Lawyers do not control the application process, they merely act as a way to ease, monitor and keep that process moving forward.

If you don't have the required funding sources, you have a criminal record that upsets DGM or you cannot prove your marital status with the necessary documents etc. then the application process may not be successful, but anyone who has done their homework would already know that.

I think some are being too hard on the lawyers. Their services are clearly defined and whether or not an applicant hires them is up to that individual. DGM declines applications, not lawyers, who generally advise their clients and then do what the client instructs them to do.

In my case some how migration ha corrupted my identity. Whin i try to sign in it says. This data does not correspond with our data base.
Apparently no knows how to contact migration to correct this error. Or maybe they have [I notified my lawyer of the problem] and migration has no one qualified to understand how to do it !! Result they just do nothing what is one gringo off the list going to harm the country. I have had my residency since first time under the balaguer administration. I stand ready to re-nue my residency if their web data input would accept it.
I do not think migration has any data [internet qualified personel and doing nothing is their way of solving any data base problems ] personel that monitor to insure the data base is correct. When i try to sign in it says this does not correspond with our data base. End result i can not renue residency. This simple problem [less than one minute on the keyboard ] Leaves me with out being able to re-nue my permanent resedency. I dont think migration knows what permanent mesns in the first place as you have to re-nue it every 4 years. So when i need to leave i just pay the amount they decide to fine me which i believe is cheeper than residency. So maybe i win on that score . Last time i left the country they fined me less than $30 dollars. This is much less that residency re-nual.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Sorry for all the errors in spelling i am partilly blind [Have only one eye and the other is failing] Being 80 years old has many problems.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You need somebody to go to Migracion and sort that out for you.

I'm sure there have been more complicated problems than yours....
you DO have a name/cedula/data in the system.

Accessing that shouldn't be hard - manually

CynthiaCom

Nov 22, 2019
In my case some how migration ha corrupted my identity. Whin i try to sign in it says. This data does not correspond with our data base.
Apparently no knows how to contact migration to correct this error. Or maybe they have [I notified my lawyer of the problem] and migration has no one qualified to understand how to do it !! Result they just do nothing what is one gringo off the list going to harm the country. I have had my residency since first time under the balaguer administration. I stand ready to re-nue my residency if their web data input would accept it.
I do not think migration has any data [internet qualified personel and doing nothing is their way of solving any data base problems ] personel that monitor to insure the data base is correct. When i try to sign in it says this does not correspond with our data base. End result i can not renue residency. This simple problem [less than one minute on the keyboard ] Leaves me with out being able to re-nue my permanent resedency. I dont think migration knows what permanent mesns in the first place as you have to re-nue it every 4 years. So when i need to leave i just pay the amount they decide to fine me which i believe is cheeper than residency. So maybe i win on that score . Last time i left the country they fined me less than $30 dollars. This is much less that residency re-nual.

We haven't had any complications renewing the residencies of our clients. Could you kindly contact us at ccompres@drlawyer.com to see if we can help you? Maybe it is a problem with the username.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I feel your pain xstew. I have chosen not to deal with DGM directly. I have a SD based immigration attorney that has been with me all the way from the initial application and three renewals. When something isn't working the way it should, the attorney is the one who gets to march into DGM and get it fixed.

Like you, I tend to feel that I have zero chance of resolving an issue raised by a disaffected functionary and choose just not to try and deal with it myself. I live on the north coast and travelling to SD for lost causes is not high on my enjoyment list.

DGM like many other ministries is a reflection of the political chaos in this country. If the current govt loses the next election, expect wholesale personnel changes at DGM and lots of new people muttering "no se nada" to themselves. Client service is still a a fairly warped concept inside and outside of govt. I am not surprised that finding someone to reset a login password on a website is as hopeless as so many other activities in this country. There are those who insist that cheapest is best. For me at least, perhaps paying a bit more for the assistance I need, gives me a better chance of that lawyer being responsive to my needs should I ever need the login details for my DGM account or some other information that only they have. Performance, reputation and cost in that order thus far has served me well enough.

Immigration is no doubt a frustrating process at times made all the worse by incompetent and uncaring civil servants. But right now, I suspect many of them are trying to hedge their bets should the PLD go down to defeat and are not the least bit concerned how many applicants are inconvenienced by their diverted focus. If anyone has a renewal coming up around election time, getting it done as early as possible might be prudent. When the other lemmings see the first few flinging themselves off the cliff, the rest will stampede to the precipice themselves.

Looks like you need a problem solver xstew and it appears that your current counsel is not the right person for the job.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Yes, ut those aren't people already accepted into the country.

True, but they did pay the entrance fee averaging around $1300.ooUSD and for some of those hopefuls they have sold their souls to just meet that initial criteria.
I have a DR family that was jerked around by Immigration Canada for absolutely ridiculous reasons...simply inept and absolutely no personal contact.... I even think that with Canada a Immigration Application Lawyer is a handicap.
Sorry, but I am a Canadian to the bone , even Metis' , but the system is rotten and not well served. The DR has a much better system; at least one can visit a Migracion center and gain some insight. This alone gave me comfort....
Enough already !

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
True, but they did pay the entrance fee averaging around $1300.ooUSD and for some of those hopefuls they have sold their souls to just meet that initial criteria.
I have a DR family that was jerked around by Immigration Canada for absolutely ridiculous reasons...simply inept and absolutely no personal contact.... I even think that with Canada a Immigration Application Lawyer is a handicap.
Sorry, but I am a Canadian to the bone , even Metis' , but the system is rotten and not well served. The DR has a much better system; at least one can visit a Migracion center and gain some insight. This alone gave me comfort....
Enough already !

Whare is the Migration center you talk about there is only one listed on the internet and i have been there and the guard at the door says no entry . So enlighten me so i may have some comfort !

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Whare is the Migration center you talk about there is only one listed on the internet and i have been there and the guard at the door says no entry . So enlighten me so i may have some comfort !

At the main DGM at the malecon at SD, you need an appointment ( the internet thingy ) to get into the DGM " proper"...... but not to get to the 1st check-in ( where they check your appointment and give you a number ).

In santiago, you can just waltz into DGM and walk up to the desk and ask your questions------- they are not that helpful but if you insist a bit and smile a lot, they can look up your status.

There are different DGM sub-stations around the country like in santiago and POP that may help you along with any process, but in the end everything bottles down to the main DGM in SD-----and applying on the DGM website to submit documents.

To be honest since they implemented the internet thingy, i find DGM " services " much better, and less chaos when you finally go to DGM SD to submit the documents in person, as they have already reviewed your case online.
DGM falls in " has progressed column " in my books.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Enough already !

My wife, Stepson and mother in law had only one problem. My MIL had a shadow on one of her lungs that they thought was TB, so this slowed things down until it got sorted out.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
My wife, Stepson and mother in law had only one problem. My MIL had a shadow on one of her lungs that they thought was TB, so this slowed things down until it got sorted out.

Already tried that migration told me to log in get a appointment. That's what i cannot do LOG IN. They tole me the same thing as their web site LOG IN with your email . When i try logging in it comes up in red letters. This does not correspond to our data base ! THATS ALL I WANT THEM TO FIX THEIR DATA BASE SO I CAN LOG IN ! They can not understand that that is the problem. Their mental data base is uncontrollably FALTY ! I tell them i can not log in ! They say again LOG IN ! That tells me they do not understand SPANISH or they just want me out of their face ! The last nice lady said wait here [Meaning as she was going to do sompthing for me] After waiting for 2 hours i went home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Talking to the wrong people I suspect. This type of problem needs to get to a 2nd floor manager who knows how to contact the people operating the website.

CynthiaCom

Nov 22, 2019
Already tried that migration told me to log in get a appointment. That's what i cannot do LOG IN. They tole me the same thing as their web site LOG IN with your email . When i try logging in it comes up in red letters. This does not correspond to our data base ! THATS ALL I WANT THEM TO FIX THEIR DATA BASE SO I CAN LOG IN ! They can not understand that that is the problem. Their mental data base is uncontrollably FALTY ! I tell them i can not log in ! They say again LOG IN ! That tells me they do not understand SPANISH or they just want me out of their face ! The last nice lady said wait here [Meaning as she was going to do sompthing for me] After waiting for 2 hours i went home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xtew, have you tried changing the password? You usually log in with a username, not an email. Unless your email was the username.

zoey_kat

Feb 2, 2007
Xtew, have you tried changing the password? You usually log in with a username, not an email. Unless your email was the username.

What if the lawyer set up the original user name and password? Is the lawyer obligated to provide these to you?

CynthiaCom

Nov 22, 2019
Well young lady how much do you charge? What is your guarentee of getting residency.
If you dont manage to get residency do you refund the money ?

What additional charges do you apply for your services ?

What is you guarentee of completing residency aproval.

Do you give refund if you can not get the residency ?

When i go shopping i like to know what i'm buying including hireing a lawyer.

I dont like the idea of sorry we can not help you no refund.

Xtew, you could contact us at ccompres@drlawyer.com for a quote of our services. Our proposal details all the answers to your questions.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
wheel grease....

All the legal Sharks are circling for money ! NOT RESULTS !
Already paid 2 law firms now another wants some DOLLAR'S !

I'm 80 years old this year and my time is just about over so ill just worry about VIRUS not Migration.
Thanks for every one trying to help. But when you have a mistake on an important document and have no erasere thats the end of the game !

I'm not going to worry time is toooo short for me !

Once again thanks to all that tried to help that is what that DR1 is for.