Rejection of 'retiree' residency renewal application

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
The residency of jubilado/pensionado or retiree is a subcategory of a Permanent Residency. If bank statements, income proof, or bills of Dominican companies weren't requested, then his residency is Temporary. You can confirm by checking if your residency card states 'Residente Temporal' or 'Residencia por Inversión', the later encompassing Retiree, Rentista, and Investors. All of them have different requirements for the renovation.
Most interesting, I have applied under the Pension application and Family and property here in DR.
Once here I was told it would be a Temporary residence only.Regardless of the fact that my pension equals that of most Government Minister Salaries.....All the necessary documents were submitted to the DR Embassy in Ottawa Canada. They in turn submitted them to Immigration in DR... all was approved and I was on my way.
My Permanent Residency dreams were cut out when POP Immigration said I only qualified for a Temporary Residency.
Well, thats ok ... gives me something to do.

Today I was in POP Migracion and was expecting a demand for Visa .... instead I was told I had to return to Canada and get the RCMP (Federal Police) to fingerprint me and provide a certificate .... none of which was on any check off list nor was it an issue when I was going through the system.
I am looking at an easy $3000.00 to do the new demand.....I am not a DR skeptic nor a naysayer ... but this one has me on the edge of ''what the phuk''.... This system is almost as bad as the Canadian Immigration system..
Taking a while to cool off and delve into a dram or two of Barcello....
Hoping to wake up tomorrow with a new outlook...actually I am hoping to wake up tomorrow, anyway!!

Russell

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
When you wake up tomorrow Russell............

The easy way to do fingerprinting in Canada is at the Commissionaires Office
===============================================

Commissionaires is RCMP accredited to capture fingerprints and submit them directly to the Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services for processing. This reduces the RCMP processing time to as little as 72 hours.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
This is an example of where a good immigration lawyer from the outset may be a good idea. My person explained the various programs that I qualified for, the advantages and disadvantages of each and then asked me to pick the program I wished to apply for.

Any of the residency programs pertaining to pensions, rental income or investor status all require confirmation of money brought into the DR and spent here. Most of the time just showing that the money came to the DR is sufficient. However, if you can't easy show this, then DGM wants to see how much you are spending averaged over the last six months. They don't seem to care that you own a $350,000 McVilla just that something close to $2000 per couple is being infused into the local economy.

I've had to show money movement for all of my renewals. It's entirely possible due to the inconsistent way processes unfold here from time to time, that some requirement or other isn't pursued at each renewal or the lawyer convinces DGM that something is not really materially important on that day.

It has always been clear to me that if you hold anything other than temporary or post temporary permanent residency, you need to show financial data. My benefit, I don't need to do a medical at renewal time.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
When you wake up tomorrow Russell............

The easy way to do fingerprinting in Canada is at the Commissionaires Office
===============================================

Commissionaires is RCMP accredited to capture fingerprints and submit them directly to the Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services for processing. This reduces the RCMP processing time to as little as 72 hours.
What and where is Commissionaires Office?

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
No disrespect CDNGringo, but I was immigrating my family to Canada and used a senior Lawyer of the Barristers Immigration Group....something like that;;;; I did all the work and she did all the billing.
When simple case of inept and sloven Immigration Officer (never a person, just maybe is one there} The application got so convoluted we could no longer support the application.... after a $10,000+ cost I ran out of patience.
WE'll see what happens, but I could easily go elsewhere with my family except with my luck it will just get worse.
So I shall see what happens ......... Tomorrow the tide will come in and out and the daylight will arrive right on time; and , for sure my Rooster will start crowing at 0400hrs. He will soon be stew!

CynthiaCom

Nov 22, 2019
Most interesting, I have applied under the Pension application and Family and property here in DR.
Once here I was told it would be a Temporary residence only.Regardless of the fact that my pension equals that of most Government Minister Salaries.....All the necessary documents were submitted to the DR Embassy in Ottawa Canada. They in turn submitted them to Immigration in DR... all was approved and I was on my way.
My Permanent Residency dreams were cut out when POP Immigration said I only qualified for a Temporary Residency.
Well, thats ok ... gives me something to do.

Today I was in POP Migracion and was expecting a demand for Visa .... instead I was told I had to return to Canada and get the RCMP (Federal Police) to fingerprint me and provide a certificate .... none of which was on any check off list nor was it an issue when I was going through the system.
I am looking at an easy $3000.00 to do the new demand.....I am not a DR skeptic nor a naysayer ... but this one has me on the edge of ''what the phuk''.... This system is almost as bad as the Canadian Immigration system..
Taking a while to cool off and delve into a dram or two of Barcello....
Hoping to wake up tomorrow with a new outlook...actually I am hoping to wake up tomorrow, anyway!!

Russell
Based on your previous posts, I understood that you already have your residency. Are you currently applying for the residency? As the visa and background check from your country is only needed the first time, not when you renew.

There may have been an error in the submission to obtain your residency if what you're saying (regarding the income) it's true.