Remembering Ronnies.......

JDJones

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Apparently I am the only DR1 member of Patrick's Video Club.

Here's one: What was the name of Patrick's wife?

JDJones

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Do tell. Were you *in* these videos? Curious minds want to know. :)
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.. . *wink*

Patrick had lots of movie videos, including a lot which were still showing in theaters here (Not saying much) and the price was right.

He was also really good about letting folks keep their videos a few days.

Patrick was a really good guy. We swapped a lot of sea stories at his house before I moved to the city.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
What was the name of the single mens travel site on the sign above the beach door at ronnies. think it started with SM something????

JDJones

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
What was the name of the single mens travel site on the sign above the beach door at ronnies. think it started with SM something????
Travel and the Single Male. Had a book too! ( Geez, I think I still have the book at home. )

Man, that's going back a year or two.

I still remember when he and I met. He had the site and a book as well.

I think that website was one of the first ones dedicated to men's travel. There was some great guys on the site back in those days.

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
remember seeing the book at ronnies, but never got one, just looked at his.
Pretty sure all this predates Sosua being a monger haven. back at least to the late 80s that's as far back as I can go.

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
The Beach House Bar was actually Ronnie's and I believe his first wife's home at one time. She split and the rest is history. At last count Ronnie married seven. I called Ronnie shortly after George', ask him if I could help in any way, he said if you are coming out bring ICE. I did. Think that was Edy and his anniversary we celebrated that evening. He took her on my jet ski, they were gone for an inordinate amount of time...ha I lived in the 3-plex and yes, very sad night when he passed.

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
I should have included in my previous post - Ronnie's was, and still is, the only Bar in Boca Chica where I ran a tab. Never a problem settling up when the evening (morning) was finished. Attribute that to Mary, the one that got away!!

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
Travel and the Single Male. Had a book too! ( Geez, I think I still have the book at home. )

Man, that's going back a year or two.

I still remember when he and I met. He had the site and a book as well.

I think that website was one of the first ones dedicated to men's travel. There was some great guys on the site back in those days.
remember who wrote the book and can you maybe find your copy of it?

JDJones

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Ronnie liked to joke about the one month laws. New and old laws enforcement would rarely last a month.

New Marbete time? Don't drive your car for a month. After that it wouldn't matter until the next year.

Seat belt law? Don't drive for a month, then don't worry about it.

Street closings? Prostitution clampdowns? Speed guns? Closing hours? Ronnie would always say "Don't worry, it won't last a week"

These days? Trucks driving in the right lane? Drunk driving? Breath analyzers? Loud Speakers? Seat belts? Never does a month pass before they move on to something else.

Ronnie was right.