Remembering the DR...

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Hello DR-1ers. As a fluke, I just logged on again today after many months away!

I returned from Cabrera last year, broke and a bit broken after a nasty bout of Typhoid Fever and Brucelosis and a sad break up from my fiance...many of you may not know me or remember me, but I remember you all so well!

I still stay in touch often with some friends from Cabrera, and would love to impart some of my (ahem) wisdom (we will use the term loosely ;) for anyone traveling that way! Also, I used to live in Cabarete with my daughter prior to that.

Anyway, a small update: I returned to Canada where my former CEO called me and asked if I'd consider coming back to my old company...now I am happily the Director of Marketing and Communications for a Biotech firm here in Ottawa. The fiance ended up following me home and surprising me - on Valentine's Day, to boot! - with red roses and an epic love letter...we were married in September. I'm now 8 months' pregnant and ready to pop, and happily settled back into my Canadian life :)

For those from Ottawa: the weather is finally turning to Spring after a snow storm LAST WEEK!

I miss Cabrera and the DR some days...the friends, the music, Chori Pan's breakfast sandwiches, Playa Grande...but I'm happy to be home! If ever you need an introduction to Cabrera, a beautiful little nook in the DR, I will be very ahppy to tell you all about it :)

dv8

Sep 27, 2006
i think i remember you.... all the disease one could get in DR, all at the same time? :)
glad you are better :)

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Hi Dv8!!!! I am all better except for this baby taking up all my space! :) Yes, I was teaching at the (ahem) 'International' school in Cabrera for a short time! We lived right on a field and apparently it was the Queso Tipo Crema that made me sick! :( I still crave it. hahah

dv8

Sep 27, 2006
congratulations about the baby. maybe you were not made for DR after all.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
You know we still miss you here in Cabrera and would love a visit from all of you (including the new baby) soon!! :)