Renew Permanent Residency - Lost

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I think I'm getting a bit brain dead in my old age. What is the web site address I go to renew my residency? Do I pay for the Buena Conducta (whatever it's called now) at BanReservas before I apply so I have the receipt handy? I'm just a mess sometimes.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
I think I'm getting a bit brain dead in my old age. What is the web site address I go to renew my residency? Do I pay for the Buena Conducta (whatever it's called now) at BanReservas before I apply so I have the receipt handy? I'm just a mess sometimes.
The certificacion de buena conducta can be paid for and saved/printed directly from the website - Link follows..

Reactions: CristoRey and Jan

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
You may not need that for a 'replacemnt' card...... new= Yes
What replacement card? I newd residency renewed. It will expire Feb. 14. Medical was an issue last time. They needed more analysis and it took me 3 extra months as I had to save up more cash. (didn't have to pay late fees, thank goodness). I just need the web site address. Also, do I pay for the RD$600 buena conducta at the bank first then ask for the thing or the other way around?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
What replacement card? I newd residency renewed. It will expire Feb. 14. Medical was an issue last time. They needed more analysis and it took me 3 extra months as I had to save up more cash. (didn't have to pay late fees, thank goodness). I just need the web site address. Also, do I pay for the RD$600 buena conducta at the bank first then ask for the thing or the other way around?
You can pay for it first at Banreservas and enter the receipt number when you apply online, or you can pay with credit card when you apply online.

Reactions: Jan and keepcoming

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Will it automatically give me the option for the 10 year renewal or do I have to request it later?

My recent experience (Agosto/2022) was you have to ask in person for a Ten Year Renewal and you have to ask before you pay the 16000 odd pesos online, if you pay before you ask, you'll have to pay again. I found no option in/on their website for the 10 year option.

Reactions: cavok

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
Thanks. I already have my pictures. So now I just need to get the website figured out.

Will it automatically give me the option for the 10 year renewal or do I have to request it later?
Don't know how it goes today, when I applied for the 10 year renewal I'd wrote a letter to the director of DGM for the permission to do this and get it soon.

Reactions: cavok

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
My recent experience (Agosto/2022) was you have to ask in person for a Ten Year Renewal and you have to ask before you pay the 16000 odd pesos online, if you pay before you ask, you'll have to pay again. I found no option in/on their website for the 10 year option.
Its called "Definitive Resedencia" for 10 years. You must have 10 years combined between temp and perm. I was 1 year short 4 years ago. I just finished doing the "definitive" 10 year process for two good friends of mine. Neither one was required to ask in person. All online and no medical. No problems. I just started my own definitive a week ago. Cost is 20k pesos each. Uploads include Good Conduct, Passport, Cedula (front and back), Residencia (front and back) and photos, Front and side view. I expect notification to pay online any day (with no medical) and a date to show up at the Capital!! If you cannot make the scheduled date, CA-CHING! 1K pesos to reschedule. Aaarrrrgggghhhh!! As ALWAYS....you mileage may vary! I'll let you know how the process goes.(y)😎

Reactions: bennymack and cavok

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Its called "Definitive Resedencia" for 10 years. You must have 10 years combined between temp and perm. I was 1 year short 4 years ago. I just finished doing the "definitive" 10 year process for two good friends of mine. Neither one was required to ask in person. All online and no medical. No problems. I just started my own definitive a week ago. Cost is 20k pesos each. Uploads include Good Conduct, Passport, Cedula (front and back), Residencia (front and back) and photos, Front and side view. I expect notification to pay online any day (with no medical) and a date to show up at the Capital!! If you cannot make the scheduled date, CA-CHING! 1K pesos to reschedule. Aaarrrrgggghhhh!! As ALWAYS....you mileage may vary! I'll let you know how the process goes.(y)😎
AH-ha, it's up towards the top of the website page, Thank you... Noted for next time. Please let us know how it goes for you..

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I'm starting. Couldn't pay the good conduct on line. They don't accept US cards so I went to BanReservas to pay my RD$600. Will enter the receipt number tomorrow. Then on to finish. Excited that there's no medical for the 10year renew. 4 years ago that was a big issue. Made my depositing the stuff 4 months late (didn't have to pay late harges) because I had to save more money for all the extra analysis they wanted. It was a real pain.

habi

Oct 17, 2015
Almost all correct apart of the scheduled date at Migracion. You can actually choose a da tewhich is suiting you without extra cost. If you don't show up for that one then you need to pay the 1000 pesos.
On a side note. The cedula for the 10 years is according the info on the website 11'000 pesos, When i did mine last October they did only charge me 4000 reason for that was that my old one was still not expired....:)

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
Almost all correct apart of the scheduled date at Migracion. You can actually choose a da tewhich is suiting you without extra cost. If you don't show up for that one then you need to pay the 1000 pesos.
On a side note. The cedula for the 10 years is according the info on the website 11'000 pesos, When i did mine last October they did only charge me 4000 reason for that was that my old one was still not expired....:)

After I get the Resedencia card, I'll go renew my Cedula. I'm going to ask if I can renew my Cedula for 4 years, instead of 10. 11k pesos in addition to the other costs is a lot!! So in 4 years I should probably work on citizenship. I have been too busy in my retirement sipping on umbrella drinks and such, to have done that already!! HA!! Cheers!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
After I get the Resedencia card, I'll go renew my Cedula. I'm going to ask if I can renew my Cedula for 4 years, instead of 10. 11k pesos in addition to the other costs is a lot!! So in 4 years I should probably work on citizenship. I have been too busy in my retirement sipping on umbrella drinks and such, to have done that already!! HA!! Cheers!
Residency has become a complete scam. Am I correct that it costs 11,000 pesos to renew your Cedula for 10 years. As a citizen you pay NOTHING. Either get citizenship or get off the "Residency Merry Go Round"..........

Reactions: botemon and aarhus

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Residency has become a complete scam. Am I correct that it costs 11,000 pesos to renew your Cedula for 10 years. As a citizen you pay NOTHING. Either get citizenship or get off the "Residency Merry Go Round"..........
OVERSTAY Y YA

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I think we have established the overstay fee is merely a tax and not like a fine like some claim. There seems to be nothing illegal about overstaying.

Reactions: SKY

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
OVERSTAY Y YA
Unless you are going to work in the DR and seek employment or manage a business I can’t see there is an obligation to get residency for anything. You can even own a business and be a shareholder and oversee it and not have residency. You can own property without residency. There is not a mandate to have health coverage and if you want it you can get insured using your passport. I mean have the legal experts said anything contrary to this ?