rental house Cabrera

Status
Not open for further replies.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
Looking for a very long term rental house in Cabrera. we have been in our current house for 3 years now, we love the house HOWEVER the quiet neighborhood has changed from a nice quiet one to a loud music all weekend loud due to a colmado that has been opened up across the street. I have asked them politely to turn there music down with no luck. I have shut all windows and put blankets on them to soften the noise. No one should need to live like this in this wonderful dominican community but we can move !!!!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I feel for you. here in Jarabacoa half a black from my house I guy living on the top floor of a 3 floor house plays his music very loud on Sunday nights. The only good things is he plays good music and it is a top notch system with no distorsions. Cant even hear yourself talking in your own house. Good luck with your search.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
On a different thread or news item from Dolores, there were postings about a noise ordinance and calling the police. Is that realistic, especially when you've already complained and they've ignored you. They obviously know if the cops come who called. Not sure if it's a viable alternative but it's worth checking out.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Looking for a very long term rental house in Cabrera. we have been in our current house for 3 years now, we love the house HOWEVER the quiet neighborhood has changed from a nice quiet one to a loud music all weekend loud due to a colmado that has been opened up across the street. I have asked them politely to turn there music down with no luck. I have shut all windows and put blankets on them to soften the noise. No one should need to live like this in this wonderful dominican community but we can move !!!!
Sad to say ... but you will probably move before the music changes....I have asked a neighbor to stop their old, small dog to stop barking at night.....Did I mention the dog was very old.... the barking will stop when the dog gets too old...........

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
I've asked politely- neighbor (dominican)who actually works has asked. all the neighbors don't like it but dont complain. looks like its time to move !!!! sad for the home owner...

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I've asked politely- neighbor (dominican)who actually works has asked. all the neighbors don't like it but dont complain. looks like its time to move !!!! sad for the home owner...
I always find this extremely irritating that people who care only about themselves often times "win" as they have fewer brain cells than the ones that suffer... I'm really sorry for your situation... Yes, the home owner is the one (alongside with you for having to move) who may (or may not) take a hit here...

Thankfully, one of the reasons we've stayed as long as we've stayed where we live now is that the junta de vecinos allows absolutely no c**p... As a result, there are a very few vacant lots here (in POP) and no homes for rent nor for lease available... Our neighbors have lived here full-time 20+ years...

We have lived in much worse locations as well, for which reason I know exactly what the OP is talking about... We once had to move from a second floor apartment as it became impossible for me to work during daytime as the neighbors downstairs lived like animals (excuse my language)...

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
On a different thread or news item from Dolores, there were postings about a noise ordinance and calling the police. Is that realistic, especially when you've already complained and they've ignored you. They obviously know if the cops come who called. Not sure if it's a viable alternative but it's worth checking out.
That would be 809 682 3151 ext 5036
or
809 480 9525
or
809 533 3522

Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Ahh.. More places being sanctioned and speakers confiscated due to excessive noise.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
And more speakers seized in the month of Feb. 2021

Screenshot_20210223-162759.jpg
Screenshot_20210223-162958.jpg

Reactions: Carl.L

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Hey, look! More speakers confiscated and businesses shut down due to noise violations:

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
I feel for you, as I am also a victim of noise disturbances. But you have an opportunity that I don't have: since you a a renter, you can just MOVE OUT! For me, I would have to sell the place, and it's a complicated matter (for personal reasons).
Don't even waste your time calling cops or phone numbers. Not worth it.
The only question is: Is there still a quiet place in this island? If so, for how long?

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
I feel for you. here in Jarabacoa half a black from my house I guy living on the top floor of a 3 floor house plays his music very loud on Sunday nights. The only good things is he plays good music and it is a top notch system with no distorsions. Cant even hear yourself talking in your own house. Good luck with your search.
Which area do you live, we had a loud music 24/7 like rave party. There is an app to report it, music gone since then, never came back on.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
You know this subject has been touched on numerous times ,yes there is a number and there is an app also use one ! phone in works I’ve used it... they will confiscate noise makers equipment..of the two people I seen confiscated None was returned I’m not sure rules on that but noise stopped! They even have machine to read decibels..

Reactions: ctrob

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
All of the speakers confiscated by the police are destroyed, they are not returned. They also keep track of offenders to identify who are repeat offenders and they're hit with stiffer penalties.

If you never report offenders, you'll never get results. That's for sure.

Reactions: campesinadeatl

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
Not sure how to close the thread ?? We have put an offer on a house, no guarantee it will be quite.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I feel for you, as I am also a victim of noise disturbances. But you have an opportunity that I don't have: since you a a renter, you can just MOVE OUT! For me, I would have to sell the place, and it's a complicated matter (for personal reasons).
Don't even waste your time calling cops or phone numbers. Not worth it.
The only question is: Is there still a quiet place in this island? If so, for how long?
Yes - it seems like another good reason to rent rather than buy here!

Reactions: Squat and JD Jones

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Not sure how to close the thread ?? We have put an offer on a house, no guarantee it will be quite.
If you have not yet paid, really investigate the new home at all hours of various days.

Reactions: Squat
Status
Not open for further replies.