Renting a speedboat for two weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
no, you can't rent a speedboat for two weeks to drive it yourself. noone who owns such boats would leave them to a stranger unless a cash deposit of at least the full purchase value of such boat and engine is received.

Mike
Exactly.

I don't rent motorcycles. Well, I say I do, but it's never happened. When someone asks "can I rent a V-Strom", I tell them "sure, $125 a day with an advanced US$13,000 cash deposit."

They think I'm nutz. They're right, but not for the reason they think.

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
Empiric = An unqualified or dishonest practioner, a charlatan, a quack.

Pretty much sums it up.

I am really missing your better contributions to this thread... in the future i will make an effort to ignore you,

now, for those who need to be educated, or need to do better searching

empirical - definition of empirical by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

a. Relying on or derived from observation or experiment: empirical results that supported the hypothesis.

b. Verifiable or provable by means of observation or experiment: empirical laws.

2. Guided by practical experience and not theory, especially in medicine.

http://www.softcom.net/users/greebo/empev.htm

The dictionary definition of empirical evidence is evidence relating to or based on experience or observation. This type of evidence is necessary for a theory to be confirmed.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
and what have your empirical evidences confirmed/to do with the facts on what is allowed to do or not to do with a small speedboat(we still would anyways need to define what a small speedboat is, as such varies a lot from person to person) on DR waters?

sounds weird to me, so i loose interest.
da Fisherman is outha here.
Mike

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
and what have your empirical evidences confirmed/to do with the facts on what is allowed to do or not to do with a small speedboat(we still would anyways need to define what a small speedboat is, as such varies a lot from person to person) on DR waters?

sounds weird to me, so i loose interest.
da Fisherman is outha here.
Mike

not sure what your question is,

on the other hand, did i say "what is allowed to do or not to do with a" boat in DR? No,

you did, so, the 'burden of proof'l with empirical evidence is on you :)

you being considered by dv8 as an authority on the subject is INCONSEQUENTIAL for a real pragmatic person, an impartial jury or a rebel kickass swearing sailor

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Sigh...I think the the answer has been provided..Kind of stinks!! I too would love to rent a boat at some point when I can or hit a jet ski...But hey! its a different way of life here in the DR or other Countries that we take for granted just like everything else from the States or even Canada for that matter...

Good info has been provided, so I appreciate this thread, found it helpful!

Anthony

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i gotta think about it but this dude reminds me of few newbie posters who popped up this year and went on and on with how they know everything there is to know about DR because they, like, totally googled that.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
i gotta think about it but this dude reminds me of few newbie posters who popped up this year and went on and on with how they know everything there is to know about DR because they, like, totally googled that.
He reminds me of the late yabadabbadoo...or whatever his handle was...

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
It's great to reads post like that one by MikeFisher. And I agree he sounds like someone who learned who things are done just by doing them over and over, which is the only way to learn IMO. Laws are hard to follow in this country, not only because nobody observes them, but because they change so much it's difficult to keep track of them. But when MikeFisher writes about how boats and stuff are managed, you can only read and think that he knows what he is saying.
I'll make sure to contact him for advise if I ever decide to get a small recreational boat, something that has been running in circles in my head lately.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Contradicting yourself so soon, IT s what you said just this AM.

@ derfish -CB is one of the few straight shooters around this place, are you challenging his integrity?
You really are a nudnik, lol...you of all people,

Status
Not open for further replies.