Renting or buying in Santiago

RickJames2000

Feb 19, 2014
Is there a website you can find properties for buying and renting? The ones I see for Santiago are overpriced online but rent in DR for locals is way less than I see

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
Pekin sucks as do most of the communities south of Circunvalacion. I got a great place for the OP, right across from the backside of Supermercado Nacional in La Moraleja. New construction, literally just finished and vacant. This is a swanky ass place. Blue glass swanky. To the left you got some of these big wig law firms, to the right, Supermercado Nacional plaza. Go up the street you got Av. Benito Juarez and the trendy spot there. Go down the street there is some other stuff.
As a matter of fact I got mucho contacts for the OP in the area. These are where respectable foreigners should live. Pekin? Damn man, you might as well live in Conani.

The Thermoquad Cowboy
could you send me the contact details of the owner of that building please. i would like to rent. thank you! two bedroom i would like. How much is the rent per month?

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
There is a new construction building about to open across the street from me in Los Pepines sector of Santiago. I checked it out and the apartments are small but if you are alone I figure they could work. Rumor is the one bedrooms will be going for 8,000RD / month

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018
If You like I can send the info of the realtor I used. What I just noticed They are all pretty much showing the same apartments. At first my wife contacted two different women. One was giving her a higher price, on every apartment.

The lady we went with even refused a tip, saying it wouldn't be just as she just made a commission. She was punctual and very personable. Her office gave us the addresses of all the utility companies as well.

I ended up with a 3 bedroom two bath apartment in a brand new complex with a pool, gym, and playground. 24/7 security, water, and electric in los rieles de gurabo. The cost is 18,000 rd every month.

To buy is around 66k usd for 117 sq meters. The complex is huge. Around 10 building, 7 floors each building, 4 apartments each floor.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2014
could you send me the contact details of the owner of that building please. i would like to rent. thank you! two bedroom i would like. How much is the rent per month?
Yea man, I just caught this message. I can post a pic of the building with the phone number later on tonite.
Cant tell you the rents, call the number and they will.tell you

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Better yet, if you have a Dominican girlfriend or friend let them call. The price will always be less when you don't speak English.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
DosPISTOLAS: What is the name of that complex? Las Palmas?? Neat place..

Garyexpat's suggestion in Los Pepines if great for a single guy.

Let us know what you decide

HB

Apr 7, 2014
This is the contact.info for the place.in Villa.Olga
bbd58102055b04e43206e07020f4e9e6.jpg

Apr 7, 2014
And this is a place lkke 2 blocks.off Benito.Juarez up the street from.this quaint city park and Argentinian steakhouse
6ef35c3c1b162bafe9f7dd4baad9470b.jpg
9fc373f9a628b1cb7d65e853dbd0de46.jpg
1719d3de71ee73d930eb0178ace6b22d.jpg

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018
DosPISTOLAS: What is the name of that complex? Las Palmas?? Neat place..

Garyexpat's suggestion in Los Pepines if great for a single guy.

Let us know what you decide

HB

I was just in Los Peppines last week. I love all the mural work they have done. Gives the area a really nice feel! Is the new apartment being built across from la esquina rueben bbq spot? (To who ever knows)

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018
Real #2 is ok if you like being on a central boulevard. That New York Pizza place over there is pretty good too and cheap compared to the others
2689ac8e53355562624e3534237385f9.jpg
d6bdf2298e32776851bfa33c7e650691.jpg
afc748f319b8fab3cd43eb716eaecf54.jpg

Would that be Monchi pizza?? I really like it. And my daughter loves the park in the back.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I was just in Los Peppines last week. I love all the mural work they have done. Gives the area a really nice feel! Is the new apartment being built across from la esquina rueben bbq spot? (To who ever knows)

Los Pepines is a chill neighborhood. Very safe. 10 minute walk to the
center of town. The building across the street from Ruben's place is
around 7 years old. The pink building to the left is new construction,
just built, with no tenants yet. Two blocks up the road at Calle Santome
there is a new apartment block being built but it probably won't be finished
before Jan / Feb 2019. I know some of the artist who were commissioned
by the mayor's office to paint the murals. Really nice people.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2014
Would that be Monchi pizza?? I really like it. And my daughter loves the park in the back.
Monchi is great pizza. Thats on Avenida JPDuarte. But there is another one on the Autopista Duarte called New York Pizza, their Sicilian is good. Its like what a seasonal fish fry place looks.like in New Jersey. Its a trailer with a pizza oven. Its in the lot where the Esso bombero is across from La Sirena supermarket.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Sorry to hijack this trade.

I am looking to possibly rent a house eventually in Santiago, (would prefer Jarabacoa but seems like there's no market for rentals..) would like some recommendations for a zona that fit those criterias:

- 40 to 65k/month
- nice and quiet zone
- claro fibra optica
- good place for kids

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
or is there any place in Santiago or nearby that within the residential there is a "club" with maybe pool, some sort of sports/activity?