Requirements for Travel with Minors

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
This is a little off the subject but, is there a cheaper travel agency or better way to get a cheap ticket than these web sites and where can I look for the best package for traveling? take care, God bless
Biggs

If your travelling to the US you can't get a better price than on the airlines official website. Besides, why would you want to pay a booking fee for something you can do yourself?

nekokatt

Feb 25, 2012
Any update to the procedures? The last post is 6 years ago.

What if the child is NOT a (yet) Resident (or Citizen) of the DR ?

I often take my younger child with me on travel and suffice with a notarized letter from my spouse (Only Panama has a specific document which we authenticate at the consulate)

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Any update to the procedures? The last post is 6 years ago.

What if the child is NOT a (yet) Resident (or Citizen) of the DR ?

I often take my younger child with me on travel and suffice with a notarized letter from my spouse (Only Panama has a specific document which we authenticate at the consulate)
If your child spends more time living in the DR than elsewhere, then you need the permit even if he isn't a legal resident. Go to www.migracion.gob.do for the details.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I’m flying to DR in August with my daughter (with Dutch and Dominican nationality). I still have residence and cédula but to avoid any issues I will pay the tourist tax for both of us and enter as tourist. I will bring a permission from my wife to travel with her but that’s just a simple statement signed by her, no notarization or anything like that involved.

Just hope upon departure they won’t see in their system she has lived the past 8 years in DR and only left last February.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
So Mauricio, the official procedure is probably just as HB outlined in the original post.
I can share with you what I do now in 2018 and have done for 10 years with my youngest daughter travelling solo with me.
First off U.S. passports both of us, same last name. When we land we are given a two part form to fill out and they keep one and we keep one part which we surrender on departure. Nothing else, never been asked for anything else. Only the first time did we have to go thru the ringer.
I do have a copy normally in my bag of the divorce decree which gives me custody but have never been asked by D.R. officials (or any other of the 11 countries we've traveled to in Europe/Africa).