Research/Comments needed on ANTI-SARS COV 2S ANTIBODIES from Sinovac Vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
They are many opinions on the efficiency of the Sinovac vaccine given here by the DR1 posters so now I am starting a thread about the antibodies test and results given here at Cedimat.

I was at Cedimat with a friend and while waiting I profited to take an antibody test. I have the 2 Sinovac vaccine given here, last one given 3 Months ago.
The results stated: <0.80 Negativo para Anti Sars Cov 2 S
>= 0.80 Positivo para Anti Sars Cov 2 S

My Results: Anti-Sars-Cov-2 S Cuantitativo 20.31 U/ml

Therefore what I Conclude without further research: I have some protection but is 20.31 U/ml enough? Would it be higher with the pfizer shots?

What does the DR1 community think? Does anyone have real time comparisons?

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Who really knows? Western nations say Sinovac is useless so then can buy/sell their own products. Down here in the DR, covid is almost gone, and the vast majority is vaccinated with Sinovac. It can't be that bad. Other nations with fancier vaccines are experimenting covid surge.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
My opinion about the Chinese vaccine:

They broke it, they can fix it.

I don't have any problem having Sinovac shoved into my arm.

Reactions: caribmike

thompstr

Mar 21, 2018
Who really knows? Western nations say Sinovac is useless so then can buy/sell their own products. Down here in the DR, covid is almost gone, and the vast majority is vaccinated with Sinovac. It can't be that bad. Other nations with fancier vaccines are experimenting covid surge.
True here in Ontario we jumped back up to like over 700 new cases a day

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
My opinion about the Chinese vaccine:

They broke it, they can fix it.

I don't have any problem having Sinovac shoved into my arm.
My thinking too. I got my 2 Sinovac + like 2 months ago the Pfizer booster shot. The only issue I have is when we will move back to Germany next year if this will be accepted there as fully vaccinated. But hopefully, Summer 2022 will look better and it won't matter anymore.

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
My thinking too. I got my 2 Sinovac + like 2 months ago the Pfizer booster shot. The only issue I have is when we will move back to Germany next year if this will be accepted there as fully vaccinated. But hopefully, Summer 2022 will look better and it won't matter anymore.
Doubt it's an issue even now - poster @Kipling333 reported getting a second Pfizer shot after saying he needed it in order to travel to an EU country that didn't recognize Sinovac. Also, the DR wouldn't be the first country to offer a fourth shot, Turkey is already doing it for the same reason.

Turkey starts giving a fourth jab to travelers for vaccine passports

---

As for the OP, antibodies are not the sole measure of how/if a vaccine works:

COVID-19: why we can’t use antibody tests to show that vaccines are working

Current SARS-CoV-2 antibody tests have not been evaluated to assess the level of protection provided by an immune response to COVID-19 vaccination. Rapid antibody tests only show whether or not antibodies are present, without providing any quantitative information. Scientists have not yet established the ‘correlates of protection’ – the exact concentration of antibodies required to prevent infection or illness – so even a positive antibody test can’t definitely confirm that someone is protected. In other words, just because someone has a positive antibody test, that does not automatically mean that their level of antibodies is high enough to protect against COVID-19 infection. Furthermore, antibodies vary in their ability to neutralize virus –a property not measured by routine anybody tests. Lastly, antibodies are not the immune system's only form of protection against a future threat. Various types of white blood cells contribute, for example, by remembering the pathogen so that a faster response can be triggered next time.

It's complicated. But most people that took the full regimen of any of the WHO's authorized vaccines is well-protected against serious complications/death, Sinovac included...but all protection weakens over time, so everyone will eventually need additional shots. How many? As many as Covid demands - thankful we have them.

Reactions: caribmike

Paris

Banned
Aug 28, 2021
Texas
Doubt it's an issue even now - poster @Kipling333 reported getting a second Pfizer shot after saying he needed it in order to travel to an EU country that didn't recognize Sinovac. Also, the DR wouldn't be the first country to offer a fourth shot, Turkey is already doing it for the same reason.

---

It's complicated. But most people that took the full regimen of any of the WHO's authorized vaccines is well-protected against serious complications/death, Sinovac included...but all protection weakens over time, so everyone will eventually need additional shots. How many? As many as Covid demands - thankful we have them.
Of course they are. The issues is when people that can't comprehend what they are reading, through lack of training or experience, decide to fixate on just certain aspect and ignore the rest.

As someone I know sent me, and was posted elsewhere:

"Does efficacy drop off over time? Yes.

Is that normal. Yes.

Your body generates IgM antibodies in large numbers to fight the infection. Over time the body recycles them as they are no longer needed. Instead it generates a smaller number of IgG antibodies to be used as a template for future infections of the same virus. Hence you get a lesser infection with lesser symptoms as the immune system already has a template for the correct antibodies to use.

The clear test is because you can still get re-infected.

The yearly flu shot is for multiple strains of influenza A and B viruses that circulate through out the years, not a single strain of one virus.

A booster shot for people with weakened immune system is not a bad idea, a booster shot for everyone is a waste of vaccine that could be used to inoculate someone else."

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Recent study just out shows Moderna producing more antibodies than Pfizer... a lot more
Looking for the article...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Of course they are.
No, antibodies are not the only important thing. Have you not read, and comprehended, that B and T cells also play a role in fighting CV19? Those cells could stay active in fighting CV19 after antibodies have waned.

Only time will tell on that. It is more complicated than just antibody levels.

Reactions: OwnRules

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
And testing for antibodies is tricky..... their levels ebb & flow in your system

Test one day - get a high count... next week - low

Reactions: OwnRules

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
Recent study just out shows Moderna producing more antibodies than Pfizer... a lot more
Looking for the article...
Look no further: Moderna Creates Twice as Many Antibodies as Pfizer, Study Shows

A study of almost 2,500 workers at a major Belgium hospital system found antibody levels among individuals who hadn’t been infected with the coronavirus before getting two doses of the Moderna vaccine averaged 2,881 units per milliliter, compared with 1,108 units/mL in an equivalent group who got two jabs of the Pfizer shot.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

---

Talking about the vaccines that are available is good and fine but....a new mutation comes along that is immune to present jabs....and its everything starts all over...the WHO has stated this many times...........

Status
Not open for further replies.