Residency after Covid

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Obviously post 19 above only applies to black and brown people. Only Haitians and Venezuelens and not white people at all.
White people are not included in "all undocumented people".

Almost correct. Law abiding foreigners that are perceived to have money are not included in the above. Skin color is its usual irrelevant self.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Regarding the number of people in illegal conditions in the country, he said that it is difficult to calculate it because it is illegal, "we cannot count them." The director general also warned that Venezuelans who are not legalized or in legal immigration process in the country will be repatriated to their nation.

Foreigners that overstay their tourist visa are hardly «undocumented people» and impossible to count/track.

One simple search in the immigration database will reveal everybody who entered on tourist visa and stayed over their 30 days. The question remains how the Gov want to handle those people. Streamlining the residency process and extending snowbird stays to 120 days seems like good moves.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Aha - you mention the Immigration database....

I wonder why they started that...????

$64,000 question....
All other countries do....
They can't act on the overstayers/illegals - until 'next time'

That's when the hammer drops.... they'll never see it coming.....unless they're polite enough to warn them on exit

As we have heard... they are NOT afraid to put people back on the same plane they arrived in.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Aha - you mention the Immigration database....

I wonder why they started that...????

$64,000 question....
All other countries do....
They can't act on the overstayers/illegals - until 'next time'

That's when the hammer drops.... they'll never see it coming.....unless they're polite enough to warn them on exit

As we have heard... they are NOT afraid to put people back on the same plane they arrived in.
Until the hammer drops, I prefer to live happy, no worries.

It is anyway always the hammer you did not know about that hurts you.
I have my ass covered

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Obviously post 19 above only applies to black and brown people. Only Haitians and Venezuelens and not white people at all.
White people are not included in "all undocumented people".
May I ask, where it applies only to black and brown people? All other parts re "whites", etc are your words which spins the subject to a different orbit. No matter what you say. They are yours words. You could say "I think this means etc," not rewrite the content. Get my point?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
May I ask, where it applies only to black and brown people? All other parts re "whites", etc are your words which spins the subject to a different orbit. No matter what you say. They are yours words. You could say "I think this means etc," not rewrite the content. Get my point?
I am glad you asked.

I was being sarcastic because there are so many people who believe that white people will never be subject to deportation or not readmitted to the country simply because they are illegal aliens in the DR. These are the same people that point out that "immigration law is for Haitians". Those Migration Buses are for Haitians (and maybe Venezuelans) with the implication that those who overstay tourist cards are too valuable and therefor immune form a need to obey DR immigration laws.

I am glad you see it applies to all people, as it should.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Almost correct. Law abiding foreigners that are perceived to have money are not included in the above. Skin color is its usual irrelevant self.
A white foreigner who is in the DR as an illegal alien would not be a law abiding foreigner, would they?
As I mentioned in a recent reply, I was being facetious about the law only applying to black and brown people.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
A white foreigner who is in the DR as an illegal alien would not be a law abiding foreigner, would they?
As I mentioned in a recent reply, I was being facetious about the law only applying to black and brown people.

Dude, we get it. You got your residenciales and are very proud of it. Congrats.

Is someone that goes 1 mph over the speed limit still law abiding? You strain at gnats.

• Love
Reactions: Andre14615

Dawiky502

Aug 10, 2020
Santiago
For everyone information, just got back after a 243 day overstay. No questions asked and got in through STI. I have applied to my residency visa in Guatemala very easy ( I am Married to a Dominican) no lawyer needed and not more than 200 dollars in total. Cheers!

Reactions: malko

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
For everyone information, just got back after a 243 day overstay. No questions asked and got in through STI. I have applied to my residency visa in Guatemala very easy ( I am Married to a Dominican) no lawyer needed and not more than 200 dollars in total. Cheers!

WHAT ?!? You overstayed and didn't get beaten blue with electric batons ? No way......

/s

Dawiky502

Aug 10, 2020
Santiago
coming back to DR with a Residency Visa inthe Passport,
why would you expect any troubles coming back in??
I applied , I don't have it yet. They need like 30 days to approve it, then I go back and post it. Migration doesn't know that until the embassy approves and I go back and get the Visa stamp.

Reactions: MikeFisher

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I applied , I don't have it yet. They need like 30 days to approve it, then I go back and post it. Migration doesn't know that until the embassy approves and I go back and get the Visa stamp.
Have you apply for Dominican or Guatemala residency?

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Dominican, Im from Guatemala
Ok Great, Now you are waiting for you Residency VISA in your passport. Once you have this, this is where the fun starts here inthe DR.
You can do it without a lawyer but not easy......In general you must upload all the documents to the migration web site here in the DR within 30 days from the date on your VISA. Instruction are on the web site but in the past they kept changing things now seems better.

Since you mention you are married to a Dominican you can apply for a temporary residence and after 6 months go straight for Dominican citizenship if Guatemala lets dual citizenship.

Good luck keep us inform on the progress.

Dawiky502

Aug 10, 2020
Santiago
Ok Great, Now you are waiting for you Residency VISA in your passport. Once you have this, this is where the fun starts here inthe DR.
You can do it without a lawyer but not easy......In general you must upload all the documents to the migration web site here in the DR within 30 days from the date on your VISA. Instruction are on the web site but in the past they kept changing things now seems better.

Since you mention you are married to a Dominican you can apply for a temporary residence and after 6 months go straight for Dominican citizenship if Guatemala lets dual citizenship.

Good luck keep us inform on the progress.
That is correct! Thanks for the info, yes si understand here it gets much more complicated. I do have a friend lawyer here and our embassy helps us a lot but must definitely a lawyer helps. Some have mentioned some crazy fees up to 10K which makes no sense to me to be honest.